header image 2  
Flows Forum for Poems and Stories
FLOW | Forces Poetry | Forces Stories | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:

Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Remembrance
 Thoughts on Remembrance
 National Arboretum Stafford
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Suetoo

Northamptonshire
United Kingdom

82 Posts

Posted - 25/10/2008 :  21:07:19  Show Profile  Visit Suetoo's Homepage Send Suetoo a Private Message  Reply with Quote
The National Arboretum in Stafford was an amazing place to be on Remembrance Day last year and it was heart warming to see so many Young People and Children with Family and Relatives in attendance.
I'm sure this year will be Heart warming too.

Expect the un-expected!

taffy

Oswestry Shropshire.
United Kingdom

2073 Posts

Posted - 26/10/2008 :  12:07:47  Show Profile  Visit taffy's Homepage Send taffy a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Hello, I wrote this memo, after a Rememberance Day Ceremony.
A Child Remembers.
The ornate gates, and imposing pillars,erected in memory of the fallen in WW1,and also for WW2, and those who gave their lives in all wars since.A fitting Cenotaph where the people of Oswestry,shropshire, England, could meet and show their respect and gratitude to the fallen.
On this day we met to to attend the simple service of rememberance.We started to assemble, old Comrades greeting old Comrades, many displaying their medals with pride.
As usual some of the pupils of Oswestry School, Belan House,(founded in 1407) formed up in a semicircle in front of the gates, all wearibg their poppies with pride, showing true respect.
Promptly at 11 O' clock, the ceremony started.
A gun boombed, the Bugler sounded, the start of the 2 mintes silence.
Thinking of those who gave their all in so many wars is simply impossible in such a short time.So much to think about.
The Gun boombed, the bugler sounded, the crowds started to disperse, Theni noticed a young girl from Belan School, with tears in her eyes gently crying, as she marched back to School, I later learned that she had been thinking of her Great Grandfather in WW1, and her Grandfather in WW2,How pleased they would be to know that the very young had remembered them.
Now i have another memory of a young child showing just how much she cared.I left the meeting feeling that this young person somehow made everything more worthwhile,
The very young would remember them.
( sorry if i have posted this in the wrong place.) Taffy
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Flows Forum for Poems and Stories © 2005-2011 FlowForAll.org Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000