header image 2  
Flows Forum for Poems and Stories
FLOW | Forces Poetry | Forces Stories | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:

Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Suggestions
 What are your suggestions?
 Voting
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Previous Page | Next Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 3

Peter Southern
Administrator

United Kingdom

1799 Posts

Posted - 03/04/2009 :  16:27:29  Show Profile  Visit Peter Southern's Homepage Send Peter Southern a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Plenty to pick from I have put 35 new poems on in 4 days. Many from new poets, the word is spreading
Peter S

http://a-moment-in-time.weebly.com

Life is not measured by the number of breaths we take, but by the moments that take our breath away
Go to Top of Page

Tom Mcgreevy
Administrator

Ex-English Army ( Ex-pat Geordie ), Berkshire
United Kingdom

4098 Posts

Posted - 03/04/2009 :  18:18:45  Show Profile  Visit Tom Mcgreevy's Homepage Send Tom Mcgreevy a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Loads of new Stories added as well, most from new Authors, so plenty of those to pick from as well.
Found a new Australian site for writers that I'm going to link Flow to, so maybe more from down under !

http://im-a-soldier-get-me-out-of-here.weebly.com

Go to Top of Page

Finn

Hawick
United Kingdom

103 Posts

Posted - 17/04/2009 :  00:06:22  Show Profile  Visit Finn's Homepage Send Finn a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Hi,

I'm not clear how or where you register to vote for poems to be included in the next book, or how this works. Have I overlooked something which explains this?

All the best,

Finn

P Finegan
Go to Top of Page

Finn

Hawick
United Kingdom

103 Posts

Posted - 17/04/2009 :  00:24:09  Show Profile  Visit Finn's Homepage Send Finn a Private Message  Reply with Quote
P.S.

A query I have is the same as Jan's - what about poems from the past which may have not been read. There are nearly 2,000 poems on the site and I know there are quite a number which I haven't read and I may be missing some really good ones. To read them all would take a day and a half of continuous reading. Presumably the moderators have read all of them. Do you think it would be a good idea to have a group who bring to our attention poems or poets they would recommend to be considered for inclusion which more recent contributors may not have had the time to read? Or is this too inviduous?

Finn

P Finegan
Go to Top of Page

Tom Mcgreevy
Administrator

United Kingdom

4098 Posts

Posted - 17/04/2009 :  10:10:19  Show Profile  Visit Tom Mcgreevy's Homepage Send Tom Mcgreevy a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Hi Finn, nice to hear from you again.
The good news is, that as you are already a member, you are registered to vote for poems !
Just select a poem... read it... and at the bottom select from 1-10 ( Whatever you think poem deserves ). That's it in the simple terms. See competitions page for more details.
Although having the Moderators select good poems to put forward, sounds a good idea, and on paper we have lots of Moderators on board.
In reality, of active Moderators there are only myself and Peter !
( Peter is dealing with the Poems side of things, and myself & my Wife Paula are dealing with the Stories side. )
Hope this helps Finn
Tom
Go to Top of Page

Finn

Hawick
United Kingdom

103 Posts

Posted - 17/04/2009 :  15:50:00  Show Profile  Visit Finn's Homepage Send Finn a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Thanks Tom,

Finn

P Finegan
Go to Top of Page

janhedger
Administrator

United Kingdom

4230 Posts

Posted - 17/04/2009 :  19:21:38  Show Profile  Visit janhedger's Homepage  Send janhedger an AOL message Send janhedger a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Thanks Finn for understanding my query. Moderators am I right in believing that only poems submitted since we last voted are eligible for the current voting. I tried an older one and the voting box didn't appear. I think that is fair - a clean sheet so to speak.
What I meant with my comment was to appeal to new readers and contributors, was to check out some of the poems (as their time permits) - within this last time scale. Could a note be added, gently suggesting this ?
Some of our recent contributors, may only look at recent poems by date.
Some of course may only be happy to contribute and that is fine too, but it would be nice if they could take a look at others work - we do after all have a wealth of talent on this site!
Oh and it is nice to hear from you Finn!
Jan

We cannot stop, because if a single one of these men were taken and shot, that would be our fault - Edith Cavell
http://www.janscreativewriting.co.uk/ -updated Aug 17 - with new poems/photo's - video interviews - see PowerPoint slide shows, audio files & my books.
Go to Top of Page

admin
Forum Admin

356 Posts

Posted - 17/04/2009 :  20:02:06  Show Profile Send admin a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Jan,

You can't vote for a poem for which you have voted before, that's why the voting option does not show on some poems. According to the input obtained here, the previous votes were kept, that was Mac's decision (surely in accordance with Annie too).
Go to Top of Page

Peter Southern
Administrator

United Kingdom

1799 Posts

Posted - 17/04/2009 :  21:05:02  Show Profile  Visit Peter Southern's Homepage Send Peter Southern a Private Message  Reply with Quote
My poem that was in the Voices of the Poppies 'Let Me Lie' http://www.forcespoetry.com/poemdetails.asp?ID=1122 still has the voting option on it

Peter S

Life is not measured by the number of breaths we take, but by the moments that take our breath away

Edited by - Peter Southern on 17/04/2009 21:06:53
Go to Top of Page

admin
Forum Admin

356 Posts

Posted - 18/04/2009 :  01:06:32  Show Profile Send admin a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Peter,

That means you, yourself, didn't vote for it! No changes were made to the votes, according to the requests made here.
Go to Top of Page

Peter Southern
Administrator

United Kingdom

1799 Posts

Posted - 18/04/2009 :  09:50:58  Show Profile  Visit Peter Southern's Homepage Send Peter Southern a Private Message  Reply with Quote
OK got you It works by your login ID and which poems you voted for
Peter

Edited by - Peter Southern on 18/04/2009 09:52:26
Go to Top of Page

admin
Forum Admin

356 Posts

Posted - 18/04/2009 :  10:10:07  Show Profile Send admin a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Yes Peter, that's it.

Regards

Rui
Go to Top of Page

taffy

Oswestry Shropshire.
United Kingdom

2073 Posts

Posted - 18/04/2009 :  18:41:03  Show Profile  Visit taffy's Homepage Send taffy a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Hello, Stories entered for the competion do not have the voting block at the end as Poetry items do, i am always asked to register in order to vote, as i am not the sharpest knife in the box i find this distracting me from actually voting, is this me ? Help please.Taffy
Go to Top of Page

janhedger
Administrator

United Kingdom

4230 Posts

Posted - 18/04/2009 :  20:11:52  Show Profile  Visit janhedger's Homepage  Send janhedger an AOL message Send janhedger a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Thanks admin for explaination - I had forgotten that point.
Jan

We cannot stop, because if a single one of these men were taken and shot, that would be our fault - Edith Cavell
http://www.janscreativewriting.co.uk/ -updated Aug 17 - with new poems/photo's - video interviews - see PowerPoint slide shows, audio files & my books.
Go to Top of Page

Tom Mcgreevy
Administrator

United Kingdom

4098 Posts

Posted - 18/04/2009 :  20:20:41  Show Profile  Visit Tom Mcgreevy's Homepage Send Tom Mcgreevy a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I've just checked ' Stories ' Voting Taffy.
Yes , you are right. When you first go to Stories by date ( even though you are already logged in ). At the bottom of any story it asks you to log in again !
Of corse, once you've logged in again, you can view as many stories as you want, and the voting box will be at the bottom ready to vote.

( Is this the way Stories Voting is supposed to work Rui ? )
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 3 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Flows Forum for Poems and Stories © 2005-2011 FlowForAll.org Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000