header image 2  
Flows Forum for Poems and Stories
FLOW | Forces Poetry | Forces Stories | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:

Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Suggestions
 What are your suggestions?
 Voting
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Previous Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 3

janhedger
Administrator

United Kingdom

4216 Posts

Posted - 18/04/2009 :  21:30:42  Show Profile  Visit janhedger's Homepage  Send janhedger an AOL message Send janhedger a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I had this for poetry as well, but realised it depended if you was logged or not logged on to the forum at the time. So the matter was soon put right.
Jan

We cannot stop, because if a single one of these men were taken and shot, that would be our fault - Edith Cavell
http://www.janscreativewriting.co.uk/ -updated Aug 17 - with new poems/photo's - video interviews - see PowerPoint slide shows, audio files & my books.
Go to Top of Page

admin
Forum Admin

356 Posts

Posted - 19/04/2009 :  01:25:54  Show Profile Send admin a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Each site is independent, so you need to login separately in the 3 sites. This is the result of having 3 different sites, no safe ways around that.

Rui
Go to Top of Page

Tom Mcgreevy
Administrator

Ex-English Army ( Ex-pat Geordie ), Berkshire
United Kingdom

4098 Posts

Posted - 19/04/2009 :  04:51:38  Show Profile  Visit Tom Mcgreevy's Homepage Send Tom Mcgreevy a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I understand now Rui... Thanks
Go to Top of Page

janhedger
Administrator

United Kingdom

4216 Posts

Posted - 19/04/2009 :  13:46:14  Show Profile  Visit janhedger's Homepage  Send janhedger an AOL message Send janhedger a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Thanks from me too.
Jan

We cannot stop, because if a single one of these men were taken and shot, that would be our fault - Edith Cavell
http://www.janscreativewriting.co.uk/ -updated Aug 17 - with new poems/photo's - video interviews - see PowerPoint slide shows, audio files & my books.
Go to Top of Page

admin
Forum Admin

356 Posts

Posted - 19/04/2009 :  19:01:45  Show Profile Send admin a Private Message  Reply with Quote
You're welcome .
Go to Top of Page

Helen
Flow Publisher

United Kingdom

171 Posts

Posted - 13/06/2009 :  13:44:30  Show Profile  Visit Helen's Homepage Send Helen a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I have a couple of questions:
When will voting close?
Do we need to advertise this date so that people know to get their votes in?
Will the voting be switched off after the closing date?

SilverWood Books
Publish now. Start the journey!
http://www.silverwoodbooks.co.uk/
Go to Top of Page

Mac
Administrator

United Kingdom

1626 Posts

Posted - 13/06/2009 :  13:52:37  Show Profile  Visit Mac's Homepage Send Mac a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Here are my thoughts on the voting.

Initially the idea was to switch off the voting this month.

Then the thought was to keep the voting on, this way all poems are given the chance regardless of when they are posted. However, if we allow continuous voting for the 12 months, how do we gain revenue for the submissions?

So, current thinking is this.
We close voting for 2009 and ask people to resubmit poems/stories for the 2010 competition in Jan 2010. These can be any poems/stories currently held in our FP/FS sites but they will be collated in separate sub domains therefore separated.
This way every poem/story submitted would be collected in a separate location and voted on and our poem/story collection would not have the voting facility as it does now. It also allows us to ask for a 5 entry fee.

Any thoughts?

Dream, Hope, Believe, Do
Go to Top of Page

Tom Mcgreevy
Administrator

Ex-English Army ( Ex-pat Geordie ), Berkshire
United Kingdom

4098 Posts

Posted - 13/06/2009 :  18:15:32  Show Profile  Visit Tom Mcgreevy's Homepage Send Tom Mcgreevy a Private Message  Reply with Quote
My vote would be for a 5.00p entry fee, as publishing 2 books this year is not cheap, and the costs have to be covered.
However Mac... I do have a question concerning the project I'm working on. ( Nothing to worry about, but I'll post it on our Admins Forum later 2nite )... Just finished turfing the garden again and I'm Cream-Crackered ! ). I have my own Paypal Premium account, and have noticed some funny rules in their T & C's that may effect my project !

http://im-a-soldier-get-me-out-of-here.weebly.com

Go to Top of Page
Page: of 3 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Flows Forum for Poems and Stories © 2005-2011 FlowForAll.org Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000