header image 2  
Flows Forum for Poems and Stories
FLOW | Forces Poetry | Forces Stories | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:

Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Stories
 Comment on peoples stories
 Novello
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

janhedger
Administrator

United Kingdom

4230 Posts

Posted - 20/05/2009 :  21:37:08  Show Profile  Visit janhedger's Homepage  Send janhedger an AOL message Send janhedger a Private Message  Reply with Quote
http://www.forcesstories.com/storydetails.asp?ID=143

I struggle to read of the computer - not this one - it enthralled me!
Thaks Tony for the story and thanks Tom for posting it.

Full of everything a story should be, in equal balance of description and characterisation.

Honoured to have read it, occasionaly a bit of repitition, but this in no way distracting. A story of both bravery and weakness against the backdrop of war.
Jan

We cannot stop, because if a single one of these men were taken and shot, that would be our fault - Edith Cavell
http://www.janscreativewriting.co.uk/ -updated Aug 17 - with new poems/photo's - video interviews - see PowerPoint slide shows, audio files & my books.

Tony

London
United Kingdom

32 Posts

Posted - 21/05/2009 :  09:03:22  Show Profile  Visit Tony's Homepage Send Tony a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Good morning Jan, and Thank you!

I thought this site was the natural place for this story, and thankfully Tom seems to think so too for it must surely take up a lot of space.

Is it the first Novella to be placed on site?

Its a story that has grown close to my heart and is based on my Great Uncle, whose resting place is here
www.cwgc.org/search/certificate.aspx?casualty=268600

Its a long evenings read, and I'm pleased you were able to stick with it. Thank you.

I'm busy with its sequel, rather like the opening to a Bond movie it has a scenic action packed throwaway start...But it motivates our hero to unstick himself from the side wall of a crater...And thats when he gets into trouble...

Tony

"A man may forget his triumphs,
Whilst his failures shape him."

Edited by - Tony on 21/05/2009 12:10:29
Go to Top of Page

md8177

London
United Kingdom

25 Posts

Posted - 22/05/2009 :  12:05:05  Show Profile Send md8177 a Private Message  Reply with Quote
This was excellent Tony, I've dipped in through the week as work allowed and thought it was well-written and spot on. Glad you could share it with us on the site ! Mark
Go to Top of Page

taffy

Oswestry Shropshire.
United Kingdom

2073 Posts

Posted - 25/05/2009 :  15:15:43  Show Profile  Visit taffy's Homepage Send taffy a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Hello, Tony well done, at my age my concentration is often distracted, not in this case, read it twice, and enjoyed it on both occasions. Thank you for posting.Taffy
Go to Top of Page

Tony

London
United Kingdom

32 Posts

Posted - 26/05/2009 :  08:17:51  Show Profile  Visit Tony's Homepage Send Tony a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Mark & Taffy.

Good morning, and thank you both for reading and commenting on this piece.

I'm pleased you both enjoyed it.

Tony

Go to Top of Page

Mac
Administrator

United Kingdom

1631 Posts

Posted - 26/05/2009 :  10:43:54  Show Profile  Visit Mac's Homepage Send Mac a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Loved it Tony, I too popped in and out to finish it. I was surprised at its length but "had" to finish reading it so yes it is great and thank you I really enjoyed it.

Dream, Hope, Believe, Do
Go to Top of Page

Tony

London
United Kingdom

32 Posts

Posted - 27/05/2009 :  08:43:39  Show Profile  Visit Tony's Homepage Send Tony a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Good morning Mac, and thank you.

I made mention of it to Tom when first I joined, and he kindly asked me to send it to him regardless, for some consideration.
The next thing I know, its up on the boards with a little footnote, which is just great!

I'm pleased you enjoyed it.

Tony

Go to Top of Page

Tony

London
United Kingdom

32 Posts

Posted - 28/12/2009 :  20:09:27  Show Profile  Visit Tony's Homepage Send Tony a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I've re-edited this story now, and it sits collecting dust in my hard-drive...got rid of a few errors and repitition, and I've put some more meat on its bones...I'm pleased with it.

Tony

Edited by - Tony on 28/12/2009 20:11:30
Go to Top of Page

janhedger
Administrator

United Kingdom

4230 Posts

Posted - 28/12/2009 :  21:32:07  Show Profile  Visit janhedger's Homepage  Send janhedger an AOL message Send janhedger a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Are you going to re post the story? Looking forward ro reading it if you do!
Good to hear from you again Tony!
Jan

We cannot stop, because if a single one of these men were taken and shot, that would be our fault - Edith Cavell
http://www.janscreativewriting.co.uk/ -updated Aug 17 - with new poems/photo's - video interviews - see PowerPoint slide shows, audio files & my books.
Go to Top of Page

Tony

London
United Kingdom

32 Posts

Posted - 05/01/2010 :  17:14:26  Show Profile  Visit Tony's Homepage Send Tony a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Hello Jan

Am I able to repost it? I'll take a look at the editing facility on the page, if I can then I certainly will :)

Good to hear from you too.

Tony

Go to Top of Page

janhedger
Administrator

United Kingdom

4230 Posts

Posted - 05/01/2010 :  17:40:57  Show Profile  Visit janhedger's Homepage  Send janhedger an AOL message Send janhedger a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Tony - the way to do it, is to re submit and ask moderators to replace the original - I myself have done this in the past - they are only to happy to do so!
Jan

Go to Top of Page

Tom Mcgreevy
Administrator

Ex-English Army ( Ex-pat Geordie ), Berkshire
United Kingdom

4098 Posts

Posted - 05/01/2010 :  22:48:40  Show Profile  Visit Tom Mcgreevy's Homepage Send Tom Mcgreevy a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Send it in Tony, and I'll delete the original and put revised version on ( Not a problem mate ! )

http://im-a-soldier-get-me-out-of-here.weebly.com

Go to Top of Page

Tony

London
United Kingdom

32 Posts

Posted - 27/01/2010 :  12:54:40  Show Profile  Visit Tony's Homepage Send Tony a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Tom, and Jan, thank you.

I'll do just that, and hopefully I'll do it today otherwise work will take over again...

Tony

Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Flows Forum for Poems and Stories © 2005-2011 FlowForAll.org Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000