header image 2  
Flows Forum for Poems and Stories
FLOW | Forces Poetry | Forces Stories | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:

Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Welcome to Flows Forum
 Welcome and Please Say Hello
 Hello
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Next Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 2

patch

At my desk
United Kingdom

15 Posts

Posted - 12/07/2009 :  06:00:50  Show Profile  Visit patch's Homepage Send patch a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Here to meet others, share some of my work, be inspired and maybe inspire others. Lover of Metallica.

Hope to see you all about.

ETA:Glad I came here, this place is great.

Edited by - patch on 27/07/2009 06:28:24

Tom Mcgreevy
Administrator

Ex-English Army ( Ex-pat Geordie ), Berkshire
United Kingdom

4098 Posts

Posted - 12/07/2009 :  06:09:21  Show Profile  Visit Tom Mcgreevy's Homepage Send Tom Mcgreevy a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Hi Patch.. I tend to like working alone and during the night ( I love the quiet early hours! I call it my ' Dead Zone ' )
I'm usually up and down for coffee every night ( Dont know what a continuous nights sleep is ! )
Been working on embeding new audio players for my 6 websites, and setting up auto music ( imeem is useless now as it limits you to 30 second bursts only ).
' Got to get that kettle back on ! '
Catch you later Patch !....... Tom ( Booksie is really good )

http://im-a-soldier-get-me-out-of-here.weebly.com

Go to Top of Page

Mac
Administrator

United Kingdom

1631 Posts

Posted - 12/07/2009 :  09:16:10  Show Profile  Visit Mac's Homepage Send Mac a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Greetings Patch, lovely to have you on board. Metallica eh? I have a wide music choice and rock features there too but not specifically Metallica. However I am right there with you for the cookies. I also partake of the odd medicinal Guinness too.

Enjoy the site, read and right as you like and I hope you manage to spread the word about us to your friends and colleagues who you feel would enjoy and support what we do.

Dream, Hope, Believe, Do
Go to Top of Page

Peter Southern
Administrator

United Kingdom

1799 Posts

Posted - 12/07/2009 :  09:56:59  Show Profile  Visit Peter Southern's Homepage Send Peter Southern a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Welcome to the family patch, good name for a medic, I like it.
Regards
Peter S

http://a-moment-in-time.weebly.com

Life is not measured by the number of breaths we take, but by the moments that take our breath away
Go to Top of Page

taffy

Oswestry Shropshire.
United Kingdom

2073 Posts

Posted - 12/07/2009 :  09:58:02  Show Profile  Visit taffy's Homepage Send taffy a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Hello Patch, Good to hear from you. and as i always say if and when the muse strikes we would love to hear from you.Me i am probably the oldest on site with the title (M.O.S.) Some say good old Taffy, but most speak the truth, there i go rambling again, oh yes i am an exguardsman 1938 to 1946. Sorry cats don't like me, favourite tipple Teachers golden amber. Taffy
Go to Top of Page

Poet Soldier

where ever they send me
340 Posts

Posted - 12/07/2009 :  10:40:34  Show Profile  Click to see Poet Soldier's MSN Messenger address Send Poet Soldier a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Welcome Patch to the site, I really hope you have an awsome time here. Faithful in adversity eh? you must be an ex medics corps there are loads of different corps types in here. I'm a current Certa Cito man myself. We are all very interested in what you write and can't wait to read your work.
I think you will fit right in with your qwerkyness and randoms, especially with your cookies go down very well in the cafe. Iv brought some myself.

Tom, I agree with you Booksie is another awsome site.
Alex

Edited by - Poet Soldier on 12/07/2009 10:41:42
Go to Top of Page

patch

At my desk
United Kingdom

15 Posts

Posted - 12/07/2009 :  16:32:24  Show Profile  Visit patch's Homepage Send patch a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Thanks all.

You guys rock.

Edited by - patch on 27/07/2009 06:27:39
Go to Top of Page

Mac
Administrator

United Kingdom

1631 Posts

Posted - 13/07/2009 :  09:09:57  Show Profile  Visit Mac's Homepage Send Mac a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Excellent, just what we want..... another "colourful" character. (Not allowed to say barking mad anymore )

Dream, Hope, Believe, Do
Go to Top of Page

Tom Mcgreevy
Administrator

United Kingdom

4098 Posts

Posted - 13/07/2009 :  09:43:36  Show Profile  Visit Tom Mcgreevy's Homepage Send Tom Mcgreevy a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I promise not to say ' Barking Mad ! ' either !
ps: Patch... Mac has very kindly and very quickly put your link on our links page for you. Look on here:
http://www.flowforall.org/links.asp#gwenstarspirit
I used to be ' Barking Mad ', but I'm not ' Barking Mad ' anymore, but I know some people who are ' Barking Mad ' !

Edited by - Tom Mcgreevy on 13/07/2009 09:46:50
Go to Top of Page

Tom Mcgreevy
Administrator

United Kingdom

4098 Posts

Posted - 13/07/2009 :  11:35:53  Show Profile  Visit Tom Mcgreevy's Homepage Send Tom Mcgreevy a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Patch... You said you love rain, so you'd like it here in Berkshire at the Mo ! ( It's ' Persisting ' it down !
My Ancestors were Irish, but I'm really half Irish, Half English, and half ' Barking Mad ' !
I've also put an image link to your website on my main website:
http://poetryfromtommcgreevy.weebly.com/other-favourite-links.html
( Perhaps return the favour ? )
After my new collection of poetry was published I was drained, so I decided to have a ' Time Out ! ' from poetry, and work on other projects ( My Novel ), but ( I don't know if anybody noticed ), I did sneak a Humour one in on site 2 days ago, called ' Weetabix ' ( My 73rd Favourite food intake ! )
I often get up during the night and have 6 Weetabix ! ( Drives Paula mad, as I have one of those ( Envy ? ) bodies that never put on weight no matter what I eat. I left the Army in 1984 at 12 Stone, and am still 12 stone today ( Never go up or down ), except just before my Cancer Op when I dropped to under 10 stone ). Soon went back to 12 stone after lots of Weetabix and the ' Odd ' 6 pints of Guinness ( Should be on Prescription ).
' Wait Out '

Go to Top of Page

sammy

United Kingdom

134 Posts

Posted - 13/07/2009 :  23:23:51  Show Profile  Visit sammy's Homepage  Click to see sammy's MSN Messenger address  Send sammy a Yahoo! Message Send sammy a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Hi Patch,

Welcome to FLOW... I hope you'll love it here as much as me. You'll not meet a nicer bunch anywhere on the internet ! ( and in real life for those of us that have ! )

Mark.
Go to Top of Page

patch

At my desk
United Kingdom

15 Posts

Posted - 14/07/2009 :  15:28:24  Show Profile  Visit patch's Homepage Send patch a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Hi Sammy thanks for the Welcome.Lovely to meet such a fine bunch of people.
Tom and Mac, thanks for that, and I will of course be returning the favour. Thank you again.
As for ''colourful'' character, yes thats me. Sorry about that.:P
Take it easy, folks!

OK Links edited in, see what you think, and if there's any changes or anything you aren't happy with or if there's something I have neglected, please let me know and I will ammend it. Thanks.

Edited by - patch on 27/07/2009 06:30:00
Go to Top of Page

Tom Mcgreevy
Administrator

United Kingdom

4098 Posts

Posted - 15/07/2009 :  17:29:53  Show Profile  Visit Tom Mcgreevy's Homepage Send Tom Mcgreevy a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Patch.... 2 things on your links page only appear to me as red crosses ( I'll send you 2 attachmenys by email of the missing items.. in Jpg format )
Re your sites...do you have javascript enabled ?
Go to http://nabble.com
and sign up for a free forum ( same as mine ) you then get the embed HTML code to embed it on you sit/sites. Nabble forum is already built for you and within seconds your up and running !
Also have a look at: scribd
http://scribd.com
You can have interactive PDF's and documents just like mine, by embeding the codes in your site ( works on all hosts ).
I know that scribd and nabble work with webs.com, because I just finished building a new site on there and have embeded both nabble forum and scribd on it, and it works brill.
Catch ya later
ps: the music I put on my weebly sites home pages and forums are: Paul Potts and clannad ( have your speakers on )
My new web.com website is:
http://tommcgreevy.webs.com

Edited by - Tom Mcgreevy on 15/07/2009 17:36:59
Go to Top of Page

patch

At my desk
United Kingdom

15 Posts

Posted - 15/07/2009 :  20:20:22  Show Profile  Visit patch's Homepage Send patch a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Ah I'm useless.
lol but ok I'll try to sort that links thing, not sure why it shows for me and not for you.

ETA: I Still remain unsure why it only shows at my end?

Edited by - patch on 27/07/2009 06:22:38
Go to Top of Page

janhedger
Administrator

United Kingdom

4230 Posts

Posted - 26/07/2009 :  18:46:01  Show Profile  Visit janhedger's Homepage  Send janhedger an AOL message Send janhedger a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Been AWOL for past 3 weeks on honeymoon! Great to have you on board, here on the old forum!
Jan

We cannot stop, because if a single one of these men were taken and shot, that would be our fault - Edith Cavell
http://www.janscreativewriting.co.uk/ -updated Aug 17 - with new poems/photo's - video interviews - see PowerPoint slide shows, audio files & my books.
Go to Top of Page

patch

At my desk
United Kingdom

15 Posts

Posted - 27/07/2009 :  06:26:16  Show Profile  Visit patch's Homepage Send patch a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Thanks, good to meet you. :)

Go to Top of Page
Page: of 2 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Flows Forum for Poems and Stories © 2005-2011 FlowForAll.org Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000