header image 2  
Flows Forum for Poems and Stories
FLOW | Forces Poetry | Forces Stories | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:

Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Welcome to Flows Forum
 Welcome and Please Say Hello
 Introduce yourself
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Next Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 25

Annie
Administrator

United Kingdom

1040 Posts

Posted - 05/08/2005 :  10:18:28  Show Profile  Visit Annie's Homepage Send Annie a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Hi everyone,
I am Annie and I have been volunteered to run the forum - arggghh!!
So be nice to me and send in your excellent poems to the site for us all to enjoy.
I am nearly 40, two children and love writing poetry. I write poems to sooth my soul and I get a lot out of writing them. So please don't be shy and express yourself here.
I'll look forward to reading your poems.
Annie x

Sandy

United Kingdom

6 Posts

Posted - 05/08/2005 :  10:24:22  Show Profile  Visit Sandy's Homepage Send Sandy a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Hi guys,
I am Sandy 24, been in the British army now for nearly 6 years and still think it is ok (but only just). I am a secret poet and I'll submit something I am working on soon.
See ya -

Poetic license - it's great!!
Go to Top of Page

Billy

United Kingdom

41 Posts

Posted - 05/08/2005 :  11:13:44  Show Profile  Visit Billy's Homepage Send Billy a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Hey there!
Name is Bill (or Billy) I am 22, British army (infantry), not long back from Gulf and I intend to write some poems.
Catch u later.
Bill

Say it as it is
Go to Top of Page

thepoetsoldier

United Kingdom

10 Posts

Posted - 05/08/2005 :  11:22:06  Show Profile  Visit thepoetsoldier's Homepage Send thepoetsoldier a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Greetings all (Hi Annie),
I am nearly 40 also, married to lovely girl for 14 years and used to write poetry. I was told about your site by a mate of mine and I will dig out my poetry and submit something to you.
Cheers.
Poet Soldier
(Thanks for the email address)
Go to Top of Page

Annie
Administrator

United Kingdom

1040 Posts

Posted - 05/08/2005 :  11:43:19  Show Profile  Visit Annie's Homepage Send Annie a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Hi and welcome to Sandy, Billy Boy and The Poet Soldier,

Wow - mass registrations!!! What a good sign.
I hope that you enjoy the site and please pass on our site to your friends and family too. Cheers!

Annie x

Poetry is always in motion
Go to Top of Page

thepoetsoldier

United Kingdom

10 Posts

Posted - 05/08/2005 :  11:49:15  Show Profile  Visit thepoetsoldier's Homepage Send thepoetsoldier a Private Message  Reply with Quote
actually, it seems like mass registrations but in fact we were on MSN today and I mentioned it as a guy called Mac told me about it last weekend.
(Great site and some cracking poems)
The poet soldier
Go to Top of Page

Annie
Administrator

United Kingdom

1040 Posts

Posted - 05/08/2005 :  12:54:04  Show Profile  Visit Annie's Homepage Send Annie a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Ah that explains it, yes Mac is a moderator here and helps us out.

Go to Top of Page

Mac
Administrator

United Kingdom

1631 Posts

Posted - 05/08/2005 :  12:56:03  Show Profile  Visit Mac's Homepage Send Mac a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Hi all,
I am Mac, I am interested in poetry and if I ever get around to writing a poem I'll submit it for you to have a read. I'll Catch you later. Enjoy the site.

Edited by - Mac on 05/08/2005 12:57:05
Go to Top of Page

Jock

Malta

23 Posts

Posted - 07/08/2005 :  23:19:13  Show Profile  Visit Jock's Homepage Send Jock a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Hello people,
What a great idea for a website. I am delighted to get on board early and will enjoy the occasional visit from my wee hoos in the island of Malta. I am 55 next month and my kids have flown the next. My wife died a few years ago and so I moved to where we used to holiday as she loved it. Served only 18 of my 22 due to a bad car smash.
Annie I am a wee bity skint at the moment but rest assured I shall be donating a few sheckles your way soon.
Yours aye
Jock

"The Maltese Falcon"
Go to Top of Page

Bob

United Kingdom

13 Posts

Posted - 10/08/2005 :  07:23:38  Show Profile  Visit Bob's Homepage Send Bob a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Hi there all,

Bob here, in Canada (BATUS) enjoying the last part of a summer tour. Like Jock above I too must wait for the wages bird to land but I promise a fiver your way soon, so keep it going Annie, nice site.

Bob

a BATUS Rat
Go to Top of Page

aussie

Australia

2 Posts

Posted - 14/08/2005 :  12:22:41  Show Profile  Visit aussie's Homepage Send aussie a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Hi all,

Did a few years in the british army way back in 70's and now back home in Australia. Bit of a poet on the side so I'll dig some out and get back to you.

Oz

Representing the southern hemisphere
Go to Top of Page

Annie
Administrator

United Kingdom

1040 Posts

Posted - 14/08/2005 :  23:35:13  Show Profile  Visit Annie's Homepage Send Annie a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Welcome Mac, Bob, Jock and Oz,
Nice to see a person man from the southern hemisphere on board. Have a good time Oz and we look forward to your poem/s. Bob, is the "Gag and Puke" cafe still going in Batus. Jock no rush on the pennies even the thought is enough. Hi Mac how you doing?
We've had some new poems added so the rest of you - get those poems in to us and we'll get them on the site.

Tell others about us too... cheers.
Annie x

Go to Top of Page

Sland

United Kingdom

343 Posts

Posted - 15/08/2005 :  17:39:28  Show Profile Send Sland a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I heard about your site through the National Gulf Veterans and Families Association (NGVFA)

I was in the "first" Gulf and have been having a bit of a rough time ever since. I used to love poetry and found it very therapeutic. I started writing again to try and understand the hurt I was causing to my family. I have submitted a poem and hopefully you'll like it enough to publish it.

Well done for the site, some lovely poetry there (some funny stuff too and we all need a laugh to keep us going)

Rgds,

Sland
Go to Top of Page

Annie
Administrator

United Kingdom

1040 Posts

Posted - 16/08/2005 :  00:45:00  Show Profile  Visit Annie's Homepage Send Annie a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Hi and welcome to Sland and Heartlands,
We have received a fair few poems over the last few days so well done to you all. Some of your poems are very touching and full of emotion... this is what does us all good, saying what we really feel.

Thank you so much for all the emails of support, I love running this site and although I work full time I shall try to reply as soon as I can to your emails.

Keep it up and well done to you all.

Annie x

Go to Top of Page

Sarah-G

United Kingdom

3 Posts

Posted - 16/08/2005 :  11:21:43  Show Profile  Visit Sarah-G's Homepage Send Sarah-G a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Hi my name is Sarah and I heard about your site through forces reunited. I love your poems as they really make you think. It is so nice to see that you guys really do have a soft spot.
Even though some of them are a bit scary (my man is in the Gulf til christmas) I enjoyed every one of them.
I have never written a poem but I will give it a try and send it in. Cheers for the email address but how do I set it up on my PC?
(am I the only woman/wife/partner on here?)
Sarah
Go to Top of Page

Heather
Administrator

United Kingdom

2 Posts

Posted - 16/08/2005 :  11:35:52  Show Profile  Visit Heather's Homepage Send Heather a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Hi Sarah
Annie is hard at work in her day job and so on her behalf welcome aboard.
I will send the instructions for you to add your new @forcespoetry.co.uk email address to your PC to the email address you used to Annie yesterday.
So glad you like the poems and the fact that men can express their feelings through their poetry on our site.
Al the best
Heather
Administrator
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 25 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Flows Forum for Poems and Stories © 2005-2011 FlowForAll.org Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000