header image 2  
Flows Forum for Poems and Stories
FLOW | Forces Poetry | Forces Stories | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:

Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Welcome to Flows Forum
 Welcome and Please Say Hello
 Introduce yourself
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Previous Page | Next Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 25

taffy

Oswestry Shropshire.
United Kingdom

2073 Posts

Posted - 23/08/2008 :  19:08:09  Show Profile  Visit taffy's Homepage Send taffy a Private Message  Reply with Quote
HELLO AND WELCOME, at last i see you logged in, my weak efforts failed, but your knowledge won through. The 3 items you posted to me are in the process of being posted on site, and they can now be in their rightful place your page, Paula will fix them.
Please read all about the members here, Annie and Mac will i am sure be pleased you have joined, your thoughts and works are very much in accord with theirs. When the muse takes, or whenever you find time to write or discuss anything you will find that there will be many glad to hear from you. Best as ever Taffy.
p.s. Will ask Mac to link sites, you are already on mine.
Go to Top of Page

Annie
Administrator

United Kingdom

1040 Posts

Posted - 24/08/2008 :  00:43:27  Show Profile  Visit Annie's Homepage Send Annie a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Hello Sara and how are you? Lovely to see you in here and I am now green with envy as I have always wanted to go to Hawaii. Enjoy the site and the wonderful people who visit us regularly. (They can be a little mad too which helps).
Enjoy!

Annie x - Poetry is always in motion
Go to Top of Page

Mac
Administrator

United Kingdom

1631 Posts

Posted - 24/08/2008 :  00:43:35  Show Profile  Visit Mac's Homepage Send Mac a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Hi Sara, welcome aboard and from such a lovely place too. I am sure that you will loooove this little haven we have here. We are trying to let American troops and their families know our sites exist so if you have any ideas on how we can do that please let us know and we'll give it a go.

Dream, Hope, Believe, Do
Go to Top of Page

janhedger
Administrator

United Kingdom

4230 Posts

Posted - 24/08/2008 :  22:29:22  Show Profile  Visit janhedger's Homepage  Send janhedger an AOL message Send janhedger a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Welcome from me too, great to have you join us from your beautiful home!
Jan

We cannot stop, because if a single one of these men were taken and shot, that would be our fault - Edith Cavell
http://www.janscreativewriting.co.uk/ -updated Aug 17 - with new poems/photo's - video interviews - see PowerPoint slide shows, audio files & my books.
Go to Top of Page

Chris Green

Newark-upon-Trent
United Kingdom

2301 Posts

Posted - 25/08/2008 :  16:25:14  Show Profile  Visit Chris Green's Homepage Send Chris Green a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by SaraRoberts

Aloha!

My name is Sara Roberts, I live in Hawaii. I was invited to this site by Taffy and am honored to be here and in your company. I look forward to getting to know you.

Malama pono,
Sara

Hello Sara and welcome to the site and forum, I hope you ave a great time.

Regards,
Chris Green
frankgreen2@virginmedia.com
http://chrisgreen.weebly.com/

Service before self

'A Poppy in My Buttonhole' available now SEE:
http://www.rossendalebooks.co.uk/
http://www.lulu.com/content/2791550

My next book will be "The Crcodile Chronicles" and is projected to be launched 2015 or a quarter past eight in time for Christmas.
Go to Top of Page

taffy

Oswestry Shropshire.
United Kingdom

2073 Posts

Posted - 31/08/2008 :  10:16:42  Show Profile  Visit taffy's Homepage Send taffy a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Hello, I am so pleased to see your postings up on site, i am sure that many of the readers will find them to be helpful in understanding the trauma so many experience. Thanks for joining our site, and being so positive in your writings. taffy
Go to Top of Page

bjaml

Wiltshire
United Kingdom

206 Posts

Posted - 29/09/2008 :  18:24:57  Show Profile  Visit bjaml's Homepage Send bjaml a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Hello all, I'm new to all this and have stumbled in quite by chance after following a link to a link to a link from facebook. I had no idea that we had so many forces poets! It just goes to show what you can find if you scratch the surface.

Finding FLOW has given me an outlet that I needed, I'm on ops at the moment and have to keep a lot of how I feel about where I am and what I'm doing bottled up. I'm sure that you kind people know only too well how any sensetivity has to be well and truly hidden behind bravado ... but it's hard to know what to do with the thoughts and feelings that come during the quiet periods, when I'm back at my bedspace or whatever. Of course I have the support of friends and family but with a typical British stiff upper lip one tends to gloss over the worst in order to spare the worry of loved ones.

This is where 'The Mask' came from, okay it's probably technically flawed and doesn't scan too well etc but I don't consider myself a 'poet' ... not by the definition of such I studied all that time ago at school anyway - I've certainly no plans to give up my day job! What 'The Mask' is, is a necessary outpouring of feelings that needed to happen, I had no idea how to do that, but thanks to FLOW I have now found an outlet. I must admit that it feels good to have done it, it has made me feel better, and who knows I may be able to commit more thoughts and feelings to paper - we'll have to see.

The reactions to my poem that I've read here came as quite a surprise, I thank you for the supportive comments, I really wasn't expecting a reaction to be honest, I submitted the poem just to get the words 'out there' so that the feelings would no longer be my own cross to bear, I had no idea if anyone would ever read it. But read it you have, thank you also for that, but what's been best of all is finding out that others can relate to it.

Blimey, I dont half go on! This is supposed to be a quick introduction. Okay, I'm 34, in the RAF, based and live in the North East (although an ex-pat Taff), married with a cat. I'm part way through an Iraq tour although right now I'm enjoying a cool greay Northumberland day as I'm home on R&R til the end of the week. Not too much longer left to push back there ... I'll be home for Christmas and I cannot wait!!

http://bjlewis.moonfruit.com
Go to Top of Page

Peter Southern
Administrator

United Kingdom

1799 Posts

Posted - 29/09/2008 :  20:15:00  Show Profile  Visit Peter Southern's Homepage Send Peter Southern a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Hi. Believe me you are on the right track by getting things out of your head and down on paper. I kept the stiff upper lip for far too long. I use my poetry to help me heal, and to let others know its ok to have feelings and that its ok to let go. My hope is that we can reach out and spread the word, and it looks like "Voices of the Poppies" will help in a big way. Welcome to the growing family my friend

http://a-moment-in-time.weebly.com

Life is not measured by the number of breaths we take, but by the moments that take our breath away

Edited by - Peter Southern on 29/09/2008 20:16:33
Go to Top of Page

janhedger
Administrator

United Kingdom

4230 Posts

Posted - 29/09/2008 :  22:23:17  Show Profile  Visit janhedger's Homepage  Send janhedger an AOL message Send janhedger a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Brilliant to receive such great feed back! Thanks and enjoy your R & R.
Take good care out there.
Jan

We cannot stop, because if a single one of these men were taken and shot, that would be our fault - Edith Cavell
http://www.janscreativewriting.co.uk/ -updated Aug 17 - with new poems/photo's - video interviews - see PowerPoint slide shows, audio files & my books.
Go to Top of Page

Tom Mcgreevy
Administrator

Ex-English Army ( Ex-pat Geordie ), Berkshire
United Kingdom

4098 Posts

Posted - 29/09/2008 :  23:02:28  Show Profile  Visit Tom Mcgreevy's Homepage Send Tom Mcgreevy a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Welcome again BJ.
Remember you are amongst friends here, and we are here to help if you ever need it. Most of us have been through it before.
I remember sitting in base in England on Xmas eve, with my hire car outside, waiting to travel to Newcastle early in the morning for Xmas leave. The duty Officer came in and ' Volunteered ' me for a trip abroad flying at 4am.
My Mam was expecting me home for Xmas dinner in Newcastle, and when I phoned her the next night and told her I was in Rhodesia ( soon to become Zimbabwe ) she told me off for not turning up !
' What you doing in Russia ? ' she said ( She was never much good at Geography )
The rest is History, and I had my Xmas in Newcastle when I returned 5 month later. I told her I'd just got in from ' Zimbabwe ', and she said, I thought you were in ' Rhodesia ? '
( ' Don't worry about it ', I said. ' They're both in Russia ! )
Bless her heart !
If you need any private advice, feel free to contact me Via ' Private Messages '
Respect

http://im-a-soldier-get-me-out-of-here.weebly.com

Go to Top of Page

taffy

Oswestry Shropshire.
United Kingdom

2073 Posts

Posted - 30/09/2008 :  09:27:26  Show Profile  Visit taffy's Homepage Send taffy a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Hello, "The Mask", your posting says so much that will be of help to so many others, a clear discription of what so many experience, and by writing it you say how it brought relief to you. Friend this is precisely what this site wishes to do, so please keep writing as and when you feel it necessary, and by helping yourself, you help so many more. thank you for joining and posting for us all to read.Taffy
Go to Top of Page

Mac
Administrator

United Kingdom

1631 Posts

Posted - 30/09/2008 :  23:06:33  Show Profile  Visit Mac's Homepage Send Mac a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Dear BJ, I loooove your poem and I love what it says. I could not have written what you have said above better if I had tried. It is a superb testament to what this site is all about. The whole point many people miss is exactly what you have said, there are thousands of serving forces personnel out there walking around every day laughing and joking with their mates but when it goes quiet we often experience the real feelings we have inside. As Annie often puts it so well, "our inner demons emerge".

It is for this very reason we HAVE to reach more serving personnel and their families too. Separation can be a very strange experience affecting couples and their children far more than they could even imagine.

If you have any ideas of how I can reach them please just let me know.

If you want flyers or cards for this just say the word, send me your address and I'll get them to you even out there in the sun and the sand. I sent some cards to an American marine out there the other day to hand out, he loved them.

I try my best on Face-book but if you search for flowforall you'll find our group (of 2). Any ideas of how to get the group to grow and spread, I'll be all ears.

Dream, Hope, Believe, Do
Go to Top of Page

xxxSarahxxx

Durham
Virgin Islands (United Kingdom)

2 Posts

Posted - 02/10/2008 :  09:20:40  Show Profile  Visit xxxSarahxxx's Homepage Send xxxSarahxxx a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Hi everyone,

I am Sarah. Kale introduced me to this forum. So thank you Kale. I have never written a poem before but going to have a try. Love all the poems that Kale has wrote and sent me. I am currently with a lad who was in Iraq and came back a month ago.

Sarah.
Go to Top of Page

janhedger
Administrator

United Kingdom

4230 Posts

Posted - 02/10/2008 :  09:30:58  Show Profile  Visit janhedger's Homepage  Send janhedger an AOL message Send janhedger a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Welcome to you Sarah - great to here you are going to have a go! Poetry is a wonderful way of expression, look fowrard to chatting again soon!
Jan

Go to Top of Page

Tom Mcgreevy
Administrator

Ex-English Army ( Ex-pat Geordie ), Berkshire
United Kingdom

4098 Posts

Posted - 02/10/2008 :  10:08:41  Show Profile  Visit Tom Mcgreevy's Homepage Send Tom Mcgreevy a Private Message  Reply with Quote
A big welcome to you Sarah. Come on in... the water's lovely !

http://im-a-soldier-get-me-out-of-here.weebly.com

Go to Top of Page
Page: of 25 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Flows Forum for Poems and Stories © 2005-2011 FlowForAll.org Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000