header image 2  
Flows Forum for Poems and Stories
FLOW | Forces Poetry | Forces Stories | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:

Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Welcome to Flows Forum
 Welcome and Please Say Hello
 Introduce yourself
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Previous Page | Next Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 25

Peter Southern
Administrator

United Kingdom

1799 Posts

Posted - 02/10/2008 :  10:11:46  Show Profile  Visit Peter Southern's Homepage Send Peter Southern a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Hi Sarah welcome.You don't have to write just read. I started like that then felt the need to get my feelings down on paper, good way of getting things out.

http://a-moment-in-time.weebly.com

Life is not measured by the number of breaths we take, but by the moments that take our breath away

Edited by - Peter Southern on 02/10/2008 10:13:14
Go to Top of Page

xxxSarahxxx

Durham
Virgin Islands (United Kingdom)

2 Posts

Posted - 02/10/2008 :  13:58:14  Show Profile  Visit xxxSarahxxx's Homepage Send xxxSarahxxx a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Thanks everyone for the lovely messages. Sarah
Go to Top of Page

taffy

Oswestry Shropshire.
United Kingdom

2073 Posts

Posted - 02/10/2008 :  14:40:32  Show Profile  Visit taffy's Homepage Send taffy a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Hello and Welcome, pleased to hear you like our poetry, just wait until the muse comes, you will surprise yourself with the results.Taffy.
Go to Top of Page

Mac
Administrator

United Kingdom

1631 Posts

Posted - 03/10/2008 :  00:44:48  Show Profile  Visit Mac's Homepage Send Mac a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Welcome Sarah, the others have said it all. It is a great place, with wonderful people who really care about everyone. We hope people will write to express their inner feelings which when affected by war can be very deep. Writing almost flushes away that feeling of being bottled up, it releases the demons and lets the soul breathe again.

Dive into the pool of words when the water starts lapping at your toes, as Taffy says you'll be surprised, it's such a good feeling.

Dream, Hope, Believe, Do
Go to Top of Page

Tom Mcgreevy
Administrator

Ex-English Army ( Ex-pat Geordie ), Berkshire
United Kingdom

4098 Posts

Posted - 05/10/2008 :  09:56:36  Show Profile  Visit Tom Mcgreevy's Homepage Send Tom Mcgreevy a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Big welcome from me Sarah !
Durham ?
I am ex-pat Newcastle(Walker)

http://im-a-soldier-get-me-out-of-here.weebly.com

Go to Top of Page

pops

Birmingham, Alabama
USA

576 Posts

Posted - 07/10/2008 :  03:00:06  Show Profile  Visit pops's Homepage Send pops a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Just remember Sarah some of us are crazyer than others, that said welcome

Have a great day

pops

Edited by - pops on 07/10/2008 03:01:18
Go to Top of Page

Suetoo

Northamptonshire
United Kingdom

82 Posts

Posted - 21/10/2008 :  22:21:20  Show Profile  Visit Suetoo's Homepage Send Suetoo a Private Message  Reply with Quote
A Huge Big Hello to everyone,

this looks like a really warm place to be so i hope you don't mind if i take my coat off and grab a pew!

i'm Suetoo but please, call me anything you like........ as long as it's legal!

I look forward to having a chat when i've got my slippers on.
Very best regards to all....see you later.

Expect the un-expected!
Go to Top of Page

janhedger
Administrator

United Kingdom

4230 Posts

Posted - 21/10/2008 :  22:28:37  Show Profile  Visit janhedger's Homepage  Send janhedger an AOL message Send janhedger a Private Message  Reply with Quote
A huge hello back! Never mind the pew - a cosy armchair will do! Great to have you pop in - do stay and join us! Maybe see some of your poems soon? We are a friendly, welcoming and very mad bunch of supportive folk! Slippers are fine!
Jan

We cannot stop, because if a single one of these men were taken and shot, that would be our fault - Edith Cavell
http://www.janscreativewriting.co.uk/ -updated Aug 17 - with new poems/photo's - video interviews - see PowerPoint slide shows, audio files & my books.
Go to Top of Page

Tom Mcgreevy
Administrator

United Kingdom

4098 Posts

Posted - 21/10/2008 :  22:32:32  Show Profile  Visit Tom Mcgreevy's Homepage Send Tom Mcgreevy a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Hello to you ' Suetoo ' from ' Tomtoo '
Big welcome from me ( & paula ), my better half, and moderator on Forces Stories.

Go to Top of Page

Suetoo

Northamptonshire
United Kingdom

82 Posts

Posted - 21/10/2008 :  22:43:46  Show Profile  Visit Suetoo's Homepage Send Suetoo a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Thank you for the greeting Jan, i certainly will send some poems in very soon but most of all i look forward to paying my respects to lots of people who have given so much of themselves in life and literature.
You do sound like a very friendly bunch of folks and i'm sure that's just the tip of the Iceburg!
I think it's time for a nice hot Horlicks with a dash of something, or is it the other way round??
Regards
Suetoo

Expect the un-expected!
Go to Top of Page

Suetoo

Northamptonshire
United Kingdom

82 Posts

Posted - 21/10/2008 :  22:49:20  Show Profile  Visit Suetoo's Homepage Send Suetoo a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Hi Tomtoo,
I'm sure were not related but sounds like our names may be popular, is there any more of us here??
Hello to 'Paula too' it is great to say hello in a safe and friendly place.
So, who else drinks Horlicks??

Expect the un-expected!
Go to Top of Page

Tom Mcgreevy
Administrator

United Kingdom

4098 Posts

Posted - 21/10/2008 :  22:52:05  Show Profile  Visit Tom Mcgreevy's Homepage Send Tom Mcgreevy a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I'm a ' Guinness man myself, but have been know to have the od ' Vodka & Lucazade '

Go to Top of Page

Suetoo

Northamptonshire
United Kingdom

82 Posts

Posted - 21/10/2008 :  23:01:15  Show Profile  Visit Suetoo's Homepage Send Suetoo a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Oh Tom, i too do like the Guinness and Vodka with Ginger for me.......
but Hubby is a straight Lucozade Man (no ice unless it's summer)
So how long have you been a Moderator?

Expect the un-expected!
Go to Top of Page

Tom Mcgreevy
Administrator

United Kingdom

4098 Posts

Posted - 22/10/2008 :  00:57:02  Show Profile  Visit Tom Mcgreevy's Homepage Send Tom Mcgreevy a Private Message  Reply with Quote
We all love Guinness, so you can be an Honorary member of thr ' Forces Poetry Guinness drinkers Club '
I've been a Moderator for Forces Poetry since June 2007 ( Best thing I ever did, as I've been part of a growing, living thing, and had the honour to watch it evolve into what it is today )
My good wife & soul mate, Paula has been a Moderator for Forces Stories for about 6 weeks now.
I only hazard a guess Sue !, but do you know anybody called Peter ?

Edited by - Tom Mcgreevy on 22/10/2008 00:58:23
Go to Top of Page

pops

Birmingham, Alabama
USA

576 Posts

Posted - 22/10/2008 :  08:25:55  Show Profile  Visit pops's Homepage Send pops a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Hi again Suetoo you can leave the slippers off if you want too, we can't smell your feet from here, or care if the bottom of them are dirty. Ha! Ha! You see I'm as comfortable as you can get, I lay in the bed when I'm on here, as you see with my PTSD I live in a 10 foot x 10 foot corner of my large house, My pycologist calls it my secuity bunker, I have my computer and a small refrigrator on the left, right against the bed, top of bed against the wall, and a desk with a TV on it, right against the right side, so I must enter and exit the bed on the end, some of this is due to the nightmares I have many nights, I kept rolling out of the bed and doing myself harm, so had to fix it where there was no way to roll out onto the floor.

So see just get as comfortable as you like, we will not laugh.

pops
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 25 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Flows Forum for Poems and Stories © 2005-2011 FlowForAll.org Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000