header image 2  
Flows Forum for Poems and Stories
FLOW | Forces Poetry | Forces Stories | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:

Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Welcome to Flows Forum
 Welcome and Please Say Hello
 Introduce yourself
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Previous Page | Next Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 25

taffy

Oswestry Shropshire.
United Kingdom

2073 Posts

Posted - 22/10/2008 :  11:18:51  Show Profile  Visit taffy's Homepage Send taffy a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Hello Suetoo pleased to hear from you, welcome to the site, yes we are all a little mad, but big hearted too, you will find that to be very much in evidence as the days go by. The best bit is that we can natter on any subject as long as it is not offensive, so when the muse strikes tell us about it. By the way most people on site think i am rather long in the tooth, not so i am just a recycled teenager. Good to hear from you. Taffy.
Go to Top of Page

janhedger
Administrator

United Kingdom

4216 Posts

Posted - 22/10/2008 :  11:23:09  Show Profile  Visit janhedger's Homepage  Send janhedger an AOL message Send janhedger a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Guinness, horlicks all good stuff - prone to being an ovaltinee myself!
Chianti goes down well, as does a drop of baileys! It's okay bailey doesn't know!
Jan

We cannot stop, because if a single one of these men were taken and shot, that would be our fault - Edith Cavell
http://www.janscreativewriting.co.uk/ -updated Aug 17 - with new poems/photo's - video interviews - see PowerPoint slide shows, audio files & my books.
Go to Top of Page

Suetoo

Northamptonshire
United Kingdom

82 Posts

Posted - 23/10/2008 :  16:07:40  Show Profile  Visit Suetoo's Homepage Send Suetoo a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Tom Mcgreevy

We all love Guinness, so you can be an Honorary member of thr ' Forces Poetry Guinness drinkers Club '
I've been a Moderator for Forces Poetry since June 2007 ( Best thing I ever did, as I've been part of a growing, living thing, and had the honour to watch it evolve into what it is today )
My good wife & soul mate, Paula has been a Moderator for Forces Stories for about 6 weeks now.
I only hazard a guess Sue !, but do you know anybody called Peter ?

Sorry for the delay in reply Tom, i am overwhelmed by the Honorary membership and shall do all i can to promote the highest quality in 'GUINNESS DRINKING ETIQUETTE', in other words, i will try to ensure that:-
no drop is wasted on the floor or front of attire,
no drop shall perish at the bottom of the glass,
......and above all.......
i shall drink my Guinness without getting a Frothy Moustache!!
Hope this makes my Membership more valid. (te he he)

Expect the un-expected!
Go to Top of Page

Suetoo

Northamptonshire
United Kingdom

82 Posts

Posted - 23/10/2008 :  16:15:32  Show Profile  Visit Suetoo's Homepage Send Suetoo a Private Message  Reply with Quote
By the way Tom, i do know a couple of guys called Peter, one of them is a Serving Police officer in Northants and another is or was (may have retired now) in the Prison Service. He was at the Melton Mowbray Dog Training Section before it moved to Doncaster. Other than that, if there is a Peter who knows me who i hav'nt mentioned i will apologise now most profusely!!

Expect the un-expected!
Go to Top of Page

Suetoo

Northamptonshire
United Kingdom

82 Posts

Posted - 23/10/2008 :  16:30:34  Show Profile  Visit Suetoo's Homepage Send Suetoo a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Hello Pops and Taffy,
I'm so glad you don't mind me leaving my slippers off now and again, i will try to make sure they don't pong when there is company on the Forum...............but i am a bit worried about my Snoring.........will someone please give me a nudge if it gets too loud thank you!

Taffy, so some folks think you are long in the tooth do they?
Personally I like the idea you are a recycled teenager, hey, we know we have to grow older but no-one said anything about having to grow up!...........did they???

Expect the un-expected!
Go to Top of Page

janhedger
Administrator

United Kingdom

4216 Posts

Posted - 23/10/2008 :  17:04:54  Show Profile  Visit janhedger's Homepage  Send janhedger an AOL message Send janhedger a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Not to me! Or else I chose to ignore them! Grow up - NEVER! WHY!
Great to hear from you Suetoo! And your slippers - that explains the unexplained humming coming from my computer! Hang on I'll out mine on and we can harmonize!
Hope to see you on the coffee shop for more fun and frothy frivolity!
Jan

We cannot stop, because if a single one of these men were taken and shot, that would be our fault - Edith Cavell
http://www.janscreativewriting.co.uk/ -updated Aug 17 - with new poems/photo's - video interviews - see PowerPoint slide shows, audio files & my books.
Go to Top of Page

pops

Birmingham, Alabama
USA

576 Posts

Posted - 23/10/2008 :  18:32:59  Show Profile  Visit pops's Homepage Send pops a Private Message  Reply with Quote
People tell me I should act my age, and I tell them I am they just need to enjoy life more, and to not step on my hands as I crawl around on the floor. Why as people grow older do people become ashamed to do things they enjoy, I've had to cut down or out a few things, but that's just because my body can't take, like riding rollercoasters, dirtbike riding (still ride street bike), diving (from medium height) into swimming pools, foot races, etc. I refuse to grow (old) up, I still play in the mud puddles with some of my friends kids who have adopted me as an uncle.

HAVE A GREAT DAY ALL

POPS

Edited by - pops on 23/10/2008 18:37:31
Go to Top of Page

Suetoo

Northamptonshire
United Kingdom

82 Posts

Posted - 23/10/2008 :  19:18:18  Show Profile  Visit Suetoo's Homepage Send Suetoo a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Pops, you just keep on doing what you are doing, i think you have a pretty good way of being you...........and you deerve it.
I refuse to to have the word OLD in my Vocabulary, but i will substitute it for growing Wise, Experienced and Mature.

Think that will do don't you??

Expect the un-expected!
Go to Top of Page

Suetoo

Northamptonshire
United Kingdom

82 Posts

Posted - 23/10/2008 :  19:42:44  Show Profile  Visit Suetoo's Homepage Send Suetoo a Private Message  Reply with Quote
P.S. as yet i have achieved none of those three!!

Oh well, back to basics!

Expect the un-expected!
Go to Top of Page

pops

Birmingham, Alabama
USA

576 Posts

Posted - 24/10/2008 :  02:55:29  Show Profile  Visit pops's Homepage Send pops a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I stepped in some mature once, wait a minute I think that was manure, oh well I was only one letter off and that's about as close to mature as I'll ever get

Pops
Go to Top of Page

taffy

Oswestry Shropshire.
United Kingdom

2073 Posts

Posted - 24/10/2008 :  11:22:57  Show Profile  Visit taffy's Homepage Send taffy a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Hello, Just one more thing, the next time my quack tells me "Well it is age related you know" i swear i'll ram his thing a mag thing from his neck to some place where the sun fails to shine.Taffy. Well perhaps not, he knows he is treading on thin ice.
Go to Top of Page

Peter Southern
Administrator

United Kingdom

1799 Posts

Posted - 24/10/2008 :  15:51:45  Show Profile  Visit Peter Southern's Homepage Send Peter Southern a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Hi Suetoo I am Northamptonshire too, see I can do poerty as well (old Joke) no not pops
Me thinks I May be the Peter Tom was referring to. Its like when you say "I was in the Army" Do you know bill ....?

You may have noticed that I have had to edit lots of my posts of late, Doc thinks this may be due to medication I am on, so please bear with me if it all goes to bits

http://a-moment-in-time.weebly.com

Life is not measured by the number of breaths we take, but by the moments that take our breath away

Edited by - Peter Southern on 24/10/2008 16:00:45
Go to Top of Page

Suetoo

Northamptonshire
United Kingdom

82 Posts

Posted - 24/10/2008 :  16:04:09  Show Profile  Visit Suetoo's Homepage Send Suetoo a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Hi neighbour psouth130,
how long have you been here?
it's all very new to me but i'm gradually working my way around the threads and finding the Funny, Sad and all sorts of sections.....there's so much here!!!

Popping off for a while, the Kettle's whistling...............i just wish it would whistle a different tune now and again!!

Regards
Suetoo

Expect the un-expected!
Go to Top of Page

Suetoo

Northamptonshire
United Kingdom

82 Posts

Posted - 24/10/2008 :  16:18:35  Show Profile  Visit Suetoo's Homepage Send Suetoo a Private Message  Reply with Quote
hey psouth130, it's so true and funny when you think we may not even know our neighbour two doors down the street.....let alone a name of someone in the same County!
The World is getting smaller but it's not that small yet!

Expect the un-expected!
Go to Top of Page

Tom Mcgreevy
Administrator

Ex-English Army ( Ex-pat Geordie ), Berkshire
United Kingdom

4098 Posts

Posted - 24/10/2008 :  17:03:24  Show Profile  Visit Tom Mcgreevy's Homepage Send Tom Mcgreevy a Private Message  Reply with Quote
You're never alone, with a ' Guinness !!! '

http://im-a-soldier-get-me-out-of-here.weebly.com

Go to Top of Page
Page: of 25 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Flows Forum for Poems and Stories © 2005-2011 FlowForAll.org Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000