header image 2  
Flows Forum for Poems and Stories
FLOW | Forces Poetry | Forces Stories | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:

Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Welcome to Flows Forum
 Welcome and Please Say Hello
 Introduce yourself
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Previous Page | Next Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 25

Suetoo

Northamptonshire
United Kingdom

82 Posts

Posted - 25/10/2008 :  22:37:22  Show Profile  Visit Suetoo's Homepage Send Suetoo a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by pops

Hi Suetoo the weather here is rain today, but sunshine tomorrow, good thing to, got to take my tractor over to a friends farm tomorrow and dig 30 post holes for him, he's putting up a new barn for his GOATS. Bad thing about the weather is it's turning cold (Winter coming on), and I hate cold weather ( I think I was supposed to be a nudist I don't like to wear a lot of clothes to stay warm, can't move around), my feet get old in November and don't warm up utill March, and with cold feet I'm misserable, and stay indoors mostly.

Wish I could live in bottom half of world when it's cold in top half, and live in top half when it's cold in bottom half.

Do ya'll get much snow there? Thank goodness we get snow only about ever 5 or 6 years.

Pops

Hi pops, Oohhhh Aahhhh the sound of tractors..What do you have?
It's great fun to drive about on a huge chunk of hills and dales and
enjoy the scenery.

Hav'nt done that since i was 14 though!

Glad to hear the Sun is out somewhere. Please could we borrow it for a little while when you have finished with it?...........we will send it back ......honestly......Ahhhh Sun!!!!

As for the snow, we really don't get much to scream and shout about though there have been a couple of freaky snow storms here in the last few years where people had been stranded in their cars on Motorways etc.
I think the lack of information by the Weather people (not going to try and spell Meteorol...whatever) and the lack of preparation by people going out in the snow has had a part to play in some peoples distress..............(should have been Dat dress or Jeans!!!!!!)sorry, off track.
Anyway, for the last 4-5 years about the 6th 7th 8th of Feb we have had snow.....it's gone by 12th 13th ...........then.........around the 15th 16th 17th or so of Feb, we have brilliant sun when i can sit in garden and get a tan.
Theres no sense in it.
We don't get summer here in the UK anymore so we go abroad and borrow someone else's.

Hope the Goats appreciate their new home!

Expect the un-expected!
Go to Top of Page

Suetoo

Northamptonshire
United Kingdom

82 Posts

Posted - 25/10/2008 :  22:45:36  Show Profile  Visit Suetoo's Homepage Send Suetoo a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Pete and Jan, your words and dedications to all you do with vigour and grit are wonderful. Sometimes the words hav'nt been invented to say what is meant but what's been said is being heard.
The book will go far and wide and be in many peoples hands.
You folks are incredible....
Huge regards
Suetoo

Expect the un-expected!
Go to Top of Page

Tom Mcgreevy
Administrator

Ex-English Army ( Ex-pat Geordie ), Berkshire
United Kingdom

4098 Posts

Posted - 26/10/2008 :  00:15:09  Show Profile  Visit Tom Mcgreevy's Homepage Send Tom Mcgreevy a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Strange headlines from the newspapers last year:
**** Due to a strike at the Metroalogical office, there will be no weather today ! *****

http://im-a-soldier-get-me-out-of-here.weebly.com

Go to Top of Page

pops

Birmingham, Alabama
USA

576 Posts

Posted - 26/10/2008 :  08:27:32  Show Profile  Visit pops's Homepage Send pops a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Hi Suetoo I have a 1977 Massey Fergurson MF20 , it's the industrial grade of the MF135 with a frontend loader, yea tractors are great I started plowing at about the age of 10 with a mule, so I've come a long ways, I was raised on a 492 acer Dairy farm, that' the reason I love the country.
I want try to spell Meterol.... either, besides I thought meteors were in outerspace.
The problem with our weathermen/women must keep it politically correct, is they know a lot about wether, just nothing about geography, they get the weather right, just not the location.
Abroad, that's what a guy hunts isn't it.
Well if you every get a chance come visit Alabama, we have a lot of sunshine here and we'll share it with you. We'll even let you go down to the ocean and use the sun to get (blistered) a suntan.
See how quick you fit in, you're already up to 32 post.

Have a gret day

pops
Go to Top of Page

taffy

Oswestry Shropshire.
United Kingdom

2073 Posts

Posted - 26/10/2008 :  11:08:49  Show Profile  Visit taffy's Homepage Send taffy a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Hello as an old country boy, born and brought up in a farming environment, i do like this subject, just one thing in America they plow the land , here we plough it, does this mean that when rivers flow in one country do they flough in another.?? TaffyPops keep digging posy holes, one day you may hit the jackpot and strike oil---
Go to Top of Page

pops

Birmingham, Alabama
USA

576 Posts

Posted - 26/10/2008 :  17:52:56  Show Profile  Visit pops's Homepage Send pops a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I hope not Taffy, that would mean I would be rich, and I don't want to be rich, rich people have to eat Cavaiar (fish eggs) and drink Champagne and I don't like either one.

pops
Go to Top of Page

pops

Birmingham, Alabama
USA

576 Posts

Posted - 26/10/2008 :  18:08:45  Show Profile  Visit pops's Homepage Send pops a Private Message  Reply with Quote
THANKS Suetoo and Jan - - I'm lucky and know it, I've learned to use my misery to help others, which helps me. The ones I feel sorry for are the ones who have problems of PTSD and don't know it, and never ask for help, you see you grow with PTSD as its effects take places slowly, and you just feel that's the way life is (that it's normal to feel the way you do),so I keep putting out the word so maybe others will seek help.
The families of those that have PTSD suffer even more than the one with the PTSD, and it could be prevented if they knew how to deal with the one with the PTSD.

pops
Go to Top of Page

Peter Southern
Administrator

United Kingdom

1799 Posts

Posted - 26/10/2008 :  19:15:34  Show Profile  Visit Peter Southern's Homepage Send Peter Southern a Private Message  Reply with Quote
This is now my job, to promote awareness, and as pop says if we can help one and point them on the right road

http://a-moment-in-time.weebly.com

Life is not measured by the number of breaths we take, but by the moments that take our breath away
Go to Top of Page

pops

Birmingham, Alabama
USA

576 Posts

Posted - 26/10/2008 :  19:58:45  Show Profile  Visit pops's Homepage Send pops a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Glad to have you aboard psouth130, hope it gives you as much peace of mind as it does me.

pops
Go to Top of Page

Peter Southern
Administrator

United Kingdom

1799 Posts

Posted - 26/10/2008 :  21:20:45  Show Profile  Visit Peter Southern's Homepage Send Peter Southern a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Thanks pops, lost my job and nearly lost everything when I cracked, has taken a lot of hard work and a lot of understanding by me and my family. So on this road to recovery it is always better to make sure you know your destination, and not to turn down the offer of a travelling companion

http://a-moment-in-time.weebly.com

Life is not measured by the number of breaths we take, but by the moments that take our breath away
Go to Top of Page

pops

Birmingham, Alabama
USA

576 Posts

Posted - 27/10/2008 :  05:35:44  Show Profile  Visit pops's Homepage Send pops a Private Message  Reply with Quote
PSOUTH130 - I can say I know from what you speak, I got divorced (don't know how, or why she stayed with me 22 years) in 1999, had a total mental breakdown in 2000 (spent 19 days in a mental lockdown ward, did not even know the world existed, (the only thing that saved me there, was one of the male nurses was a Vietnam vet and he stayed after me until I came around, he was the only one I would talk to for days ( a brother in arms)), I lost my job, with one of the largest phone companies in America for not reporting in that I wasn't able to come to work, they called it job abandonment (I had been with them 29 years 8 months), the Drs told them I didn't even know who I was or that the world even existed, they said that didn't matter, I should have notified them (so much for big buiness), I found out at the time of my release, that prior to my total collapse, I had gotten in some trouble with the law, as they picked me up at the hospital, (in this country they say they don't care what caused you to get in trouble, you must pay for the crime, then they'll try to do something about what cause you to get in trouble (another kick in the n?t? for vets, again we don't care if it's the countries fault you've lost it) for this I spent 2 1/2 years in prison, for something I had not known happened. I lost everything and all my so called friends, except for two, so you see, I've had to and still am rebuilding my life. (me and my exwife are again friends, since she has learned about my PTSD, we even go out to eat or a movie ever now and then, no nothing serious I would not put anyone through having to deal with me again) So as I said and will say again -- YOU CAN SURVIVE --

We may be far apart but we can still make this journey together and maybe we'll even have others join in along the way.

HAVE A GREAT DAY

POPS

Edited by - pops on 27/10/2008 05:54:21
Go to Top of Page

janhedger
Administrator

United Kingdom

4216 Posts

Posted - 27/10/2008 :  17:16:28  Show Profile  Visit janhedger's Homepage  Send janhedger an AOL message Send janhedger a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I'll travel along with you guys and all those out there!
'whatever we do, wherever we go, we going to go through it together'
Stay strong and positive both of you!
Jan

We cannot stop, because if a single one of these men were taken and shot, that would be our fault - Edith Cavell
http://www.janscreativewriting.co.uk/ -updated Aug 17 - with new poems/photo's - video interviews - see PowerPoint slide shows, audio files & my books.
Go to Top of Page

taffy

Oswestry Shropshire.
United Kingdom

2073 Posts

Posted - 27/10/2008 :  19:31:42  Show Profile  Visit taffy's Homepage Send taffy a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Hello, Jan says it right, Your strength shines through. Taffy
Go to Top of Page

Suetoo

Northamptonshire
United Kingdom

82 Posts

Posted - 27/10/2008 :  23:04:32  Show Profile  Visit Suetoo's Homepage Send Suetoo a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Hello pops and psouth,
Having just read the last few post i applaude you guys for showing us a bit of your lives in words, and as Jan says "I'll travel along with you guys and all those out there!" Well done Jan, that goes for me too! Heck, I'll bring enough sweets/candy for everyone to share in the playground, and a few Plasters/Bandaids incase we graze our Knees!

Everyone needs a hand, or a shoulder, or even an ear to bend at sometime and here we can scream as loud as we like.

Please could i have a go on the Swings next?

Very, very best wishes to you all

Do you think we could have a Tractor in our Playground please??

Expect the un-expected!
Go to Top of Page

janhedger
Administrator

United Kingdom

4216 Posts

Posted - 27/10/2008 :  23:51:39  Show Profile  Visit janhedger's Homepage  Send janhedger an AOL message Send janhedger a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Our distorted PC mad government decree that anyone supervising children cannot apply plasters! For fear of suing (not aimed at you Sue!)
Anyone remember Witches hat's? Loved playing on them!
Jan

We cannot stop, because if a single one of these men were taken and shot, that would be our fault - Edith Cavell
http://www.janscreativewriting.co.uk/ -updated Aug 17 - with new poems/photo's - video interviews - see PowerPoint slide shows, audio files & my books.
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 25 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Flows Forum for Poems and Stories © 2005-2011 FlowForAll.org Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000