header image 2  
Flows Forum for Poems and Stories
FLOW | Forces Poetry | Forces Stories | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:

Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Welcome to Flows Forum
 Welcome and Please Say Hello
 Introduce yourself
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Previous Page | Next Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 25

Tom Mcgreevy
Administrator

Ex-English Army ( Ex-pat Geordie ), Berkshire
United Kingdom

4098 Posts

Posted - 28/10/2008 :  00:24:02  Show Profile  Visit Tom Mcgreevy's Homepage Send Tom Mcgreevy a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Painful !!!

http://im-a-soldier-get-me-out-of-here.weebly.com

Go to Top of Page

pops

Birmingham, Alabama
USA

576 Posts

Posted - 28/10/2008 :  02:07:34  Show Profile  Visit pops's Homepage Send pops a Private Message  Reply with Quote
They say you can't apply Plasters (bandaids) to an injured child but if you do nothing, it's considered abuse. Yet in the military we children that were in there care, were doctored in all sort of ways, makes you wonder about the government. Those that want to sue because a child was given aid if injured, should be taken out and beaten, and refuse medical aid to see how they like it, I believe they would change their minds. Once back in the early 70's when I worked as a cop (sheriff), I worked a car wreck in which a child of only 5 years old, was injured sererly, the family was of a religious group that believed in praying only no Drs., The child had already started to turn blue, I placed th mother and father under arrest for loitering (few hours in jail, no crimial record) which ment the child had to be put under state protective custody, and sent her to the hospital, where the Drs. said any longer and she would not have made it (she had lost 1/2 her blood volume). I dropped the charges against the mother and father and they were released, I recieved a letter from them 6 months latter thanking me and telling me they had changed their religion, saying they had finally realized that what I had said about God giving the Drs. the knowledge to help people, was his way of anwering prayers.

Glad to see everyone doing well, if somebody doesn't let me know how Annie is doing, I'm sending someone to find out and give a few lashes to those who should have let me know (Mac, Tom) I want call any names.

pops

Edited by - pops on 28/10/2008 02:10:03
Go to Top of Page

Tom Mcgreevy
Administrator

United Kingdom

4098 Posts

Posted - 28/10/2008 :  10:05:21  Show Profile  Visit Tom Mcgreevy's Homepage Send Tom Mcgreevy a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Pops.... Annie is on the forums this morning ( See ' The Judas Kiss ' )

Go to Top of Page

janhedger
Administrator

United Kingdom

4230 Posts

Posted - 28/10/2008 :  10:15:46  Show Profile  Visit janhedger's Homepage  Send janhedger an AOL message Send janhedger a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Good and positive story from you Pops!
Jan

We cannot stop, because if a single one of these men were taken and shot, that would be our fault - Edith Cavell
http://www.janscreativewriting.co.uk/ -updated Aug 17 - with new poems/photo's - video interviews - see PowerPoint slide shows, audio files & my books.
Go to Top of Page

Suetoo

Northamptonshire
United Kingdom

82 Posts

Posted - 28/10/2008 :  13:08:02  Show Profile  Visit Suetoo's Homepage Send Suetoo a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Hello folks,
there's a lot of Legal restrictions in our everyday life and sometimes for the right reasons. Other elements are beyond stupid and we all have to make our own decisions as best we can in the actions we take.

Life isn't funny it's just weird!

Going back to the Tractor conversations, was'nt life simple then!!

Plowing (i see what you mean Taffy about spellings) fields and being able to roam 492 Acres would have been hard but adventurous.
Some of todays kids would have to have a SAT NAV AND MOBILE PHONE just to get to the Front Gate.

Not knocking kids, it's the rules and regs today.

Expect the un-expected!
Go to Top of Page

Tom Mcgreevy
Administrator

United Kingdom

4098 Posts

Posted - 28/10/2008 :  13:15:38  Show Profile  Visit Tom Mcgreevy's Homepage Send Tom Mcgreevy a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Sorry... this is getting a bit off topic ( This topic is: ' Introduce yourself ')
Could we nudge it over to ' Coffee/chat ' ( Dont you love it when I'm forceful ? )
regards
Tom

Go to Top of Page

Suetoo

Northamptonshire
United Kingdom

82 Posts

Posted - 28/10/2008 :  13:42:16  Show Profile  Visit Suetoo's Homepage Send Suetoo a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Sorry Tom,

(though i do like to see Muscles being flexed!!)

i will take some Chocolat Hobnobs to Coffee room!!

regards and see you there
Suetoo

Expect the un-expected!
Go to Top of Page

Annie
Administrator

United Kingdom

1040 Posts

Posted - 28/10/2008 :  20:52:29  Show Profile  Visit Annie's Homepage Send Annie a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Hello SueToo, and what a superb name. I have loved reading your posts today and welcome you to a place with the most wonderful characters that even Disney himself would have been proud of. I think you will become one of our very active and vocal members and i hope you do.

Lovely to have you on board and please do pull up that comfy chair and enjoy this little place.

Annie x - Poetry is always in motion
Go to Top of Page

Suetoo

Northamptonshire
United Kingdom

82 Posts

Posted - 28/10/2008 :  23:06:25  Show Profile  Visit Suetoo's Homepage Send Suetoo a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Hello Annie,
Thank you for the Welcome and may i say i am in total Awe of all the people here. As a Newbie i have a lot to learn of the site but i do hope there will be lots of chats and Chocolate Hobnob or Bourbon Biscuits in the Coffee/Chat room.
Though i don't know a great deal of your life Annie what i have read so far is very inspiring and gracious.
I am very proud to be a member and Sorry if my feet are a bit pongy without my slippers!! (i will put some socks on in a minute)

It may be a small place but it has a BIG Heart!
Wishing you the very best and regards
Suetoo

Expect the un-expected!
Go to Top of Page

Mac
Administrator

United Kingdom

1631 Posts

Posted - 30/10/2008 :  12:40:20  Show Profile  Visit Mac's Homepage Send Mac a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Hi Suetoo, lovely to have you on board. My apologies for the late response but I have been a tad busy (usual excuses).

If you'd like a wee picture (Avatar) next to your name just send me the pic you'd like and I will sort it for you. There are sites you can find avatars on so feel free to look about.
Enjoy our literary wealth, it can be quite breathtaking.

Dream, Hope, Believe, Do
Go to Top of Page

Suetoo

Northamptonshire
United Kingdom

82 Posts

Posted - 30/10/2008 :  13:57:47  Show Profile  Visit Suetoo's Homepage Send Suetoo a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Hello Mac,

Thank you so much for the Welcome, and please no need for apologies,
i don't like to interupt a Man when he's busy or stop him from working so please, carry on.............

I will have a look at the Avatars and if anything jumps out at me i
will let you know (that's another job to do!) sorry!!

If a picture paints a thousand words that's brilliant...............
If a thousand words can paint millions of pictures thats our Aim!!

Very best regards
Suetoo

Expect the un-expected!
Go to Top of Page

Poet Soldier

where ever they send me
340 Posts

Posted - 30/10/2008 :  22:09:11  Show Profile  Click to see Poet Soldier's MSN Messenger address Send Poet Soldier a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Hi ya all (nicks a chocolate hobnob. haha! :))

Im a 21yr old soldier in the army (Royal Corps of Signals), at the moment I am in Iraq coming to the end of my 6 months tour. YAY!

As some eagle eyed people would have noticed that I submitted some of my poems about a week ago (this was before I had subscribed) and I got so much good feed back I decided to get in the action.
I also noticed that "The Soldier Poet" name had already been taken (after I picked mine) and I hope this won't get confusing.

Alex Roissetter
Go to Top of Page

pops

Birmingham, Alabama
USA

576 Posts

Posted - 31/10/2008 :  04:10:36  Show Profile  Visit pops's Homepage Send pops a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Hello to you poet soldier, and welcome aboard, I was in the signal corpse in the USARMY myself (many years ago, and made a good carrier out of it, after getting out of the military), stick with it lad as electronics will always be in demand.

Drop in every chance you get, we'll grow on you, it doesn't have to be to post something, join the insanity of the coffee shop.

Even though I'm from a different country I still admire you as a soldier. It's a time when young folks will not take resposibility for anything, but you sure have, and will grow strong because of it, it's people like you who will grow to manage the world, and solve world problems.

Take great pride in what you do, and always stand tall and proud when you say in latter life I WAS A SOLDIER.

Keep your mess kit clean, and your head low.

HAVE A GREAT DAY

POPS
Go to Top of Page

bjaml

Wiltshire
United Kingdom

206 Posts

Posted - 31/10/2008 :  05:14:44  Show Profile  Visit bjaml's Homepage Send bjaml a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Roll on Telic 13 eh Alex?! It's been a long six months ... Still, at least we'll be home for Christmas! Welcome to the FLOW - there are some great people here to get to know.

http://bjlewis.moonfruit.com
Go to Top of Page

Tom Mcgreevy
Administrator

United Kingdom

4098 Posts

Posted - 31/10/2008 :  05:24:04  Show Profile  Visit Tom Mcgreevy's Homepage Send Tom Mcgreevy a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Hi again Alex ( Poet Soldier )
Small World ! I myself was in ' The Royal Corp of Signals ' 1972-1984.
I started my working life on leaving School in Newcastle, as an ' Assistant Gravedigger ' at ' Holy Cross Cemetary, Wallsend '. And as life goes in circles, I ended up digging trenches and holes for latrines !
I too was 21 when I joined up, and my first posting was on attachment to a ' French Foreign Legion Camp ' up in the French Alps. ( Followed closely by Northern Ireland work )
I was always a bit of a loner, and a ' Tucker ', and although my tapes were attached by ' Velcro ' I enjoyed every minute of my service, and wouldn't change any of it. ( Even my time spent in M.C.T.C Colchester ! )
Be proud of what you are Alex, as we are proud of you !
Respect mate
Tom

Go to Top of Page
Page: of 25 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Flows Forum for Poems and Stories © 2005-2011 FlowForAll.org Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000