header image 2  
Flows Forum for Poems and Stories
FLOW | Forces Poetry | Forces Stories | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:

Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Welcome to Flows Forum
 Welcome and Please Say Hello
 Introduce yourself
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Previous Page | Next Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 25

janhedger
Administrator

United Kingdom

4216 Posts

Posted - 31/10/2008 :  08:14:52  Show Profile  Visit janhedger's Homepage  Send janhedger an AOL message Send janhedger a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Great to read chat from you guys! Hiya and regards to you all!
Jan

We cannot stop, because if a single one of these men were taken and shot, that would be our fault - Edith Cavell
http://www.janscreativewriting.co.uk/ -updated Aug 17 - with new poems/photo's - video interviews - see PowerPoint slide shows, audio files & my books.
Go to Top of Page

Poet Soldier

where ever they send me
340 Posts

Posted - 31/10/2008 :  14:06:10  Show Profile  Click to see Poet Soldier's MSN Messenger address Send Poet Soldier a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I can't wait bjaml it's only a months off.
hopefully being out on the MiTTs will speed it up alot. I can almost taste the sweet english air and the dream of having a cold pint is soo close now!.
Tom.
where you still using the old clansman comms? when i joined at 16 they where still using it and it had been in the museum for years and years.
out were most of us are still using velcro for our patches and its get very annoying when someone pulls them off for a laugh. I have a poem written for The Royal Signals its called "The Royal Corps." I will send it in as soon as I can but im afraid you will have to wait for it.
Alex
Go to Top of Page

janhedger
Administrator

United Kingdom

4216 Posts

Posted - 31/10/2008 :  16:41:58  Show Profile  Visit janhedger's Homepage  Send janhedger an AOL message Send janhedger a Private Message  Reply with Quote
It will be worth the wait, Alex, I'm sure! The sweet English air is sure cold today - I'll pocket some for you and BJ!
Jan

We cannot stop, because if a single one of these men were taken and shot, that would be our fault - Edith Cavell
http://www.janscreativewriting.co.uk/ -updated Aug 17 - with new poems/photo's - video interviews - see PowerPoint slide shows, audio files & my books.
Go to Top of Page

Poet Soldier

where ever they send me
340 Posts

Posted - 31/10/2008 :  16:58:06  Show Profile  Click to see Poet Soldier's MSN Messenger address Send Poet Soldier a Private Message  Reply with Quote
can you make sure its in an air tight bottle otherwise it might mingle with other non wanted air particles haha
Alex
Go to Top of Page

Suetoo

Northamptonshire
United Kingdom

82 Posts

Posted - 31/10/2008 :  17:19:33  Show Profile  Visit Suetoo's Homepage Send Suetoo a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Welcome, welcome Poet Soldier,

the Bisuit Tin Lid is very easy to remove so please help yourself to the Chocolate Hobnobs.........................i don't hide the Tin very often but just in case you can't find it there's always a spare pack in the Fridge!

Grab yourself a chair in the Coffee room and bring your Cold Pint with you (and at least 50 straws).......by the way, the big fat cushion is mine until 2400hrs 31/10/08.

Regards
Suetoo

Expect the un-expected!
Go to Top of Page

Poet Soldier

where ever they send me
340 Posts

Posted - 31/10/2008 :  17:32:46  Show Profile  Click to see Poet Soldier's MSN Messenger address Send Poet Soldier a Private Message  Reply with Quote
thanx suetoo
i think i will, been a hell of a day and a pint and a hobnob is just the ticket....u mean this cushion?....the one with a bear trap underneath just in case? ok no dramas.
Alex
Go to Top of Page

Suetoo

Northamptonshire
United Kingdom

82 Posts

Posted - 31/10/2008 :  17:56:28  Show Profile  Visit Suetoo's Homepage Send Suetoo a Private Message  Reply with Quote
OH DUR!!!! You've found it............but hey welcome!

mutter, mutter, hobnobs, mutter, mutter

Suetoo

Expect the un-expected!
Go to Top of Page

janhedger
Administrator

United Kingdom

4216 Posts

Posted - 31/10/2008 :  18:02:46  Show Profile  Visit janhedger's Homepage  Send janhedger an AOL message Send janhedger a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Guys move the chat to the coffee room and I'll join you later!
Going to indulge in a mulled wine! So a hobnob would go down nice!
See you there!
Jan

Go to Top of Page

Tom Mcgreevy
Administrator

Ex-English Army ( Ex-pat Geordie ), Berkshire
United Kingdom

4098 Posts

Posted - 31/10/2008 :  21:32:54  Show Profile  Visit Tom Mcgreevy's Homepage Send Tom Mcgreevy a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Yes.. still the old ' Clansman ! '
Just finished a cracking book ' Apache Dawn ' by Damien Lewis, re Air ops in Afganastan. Highly recommended boys !
Keep safe mate.

http://im-a-soldier-get-me-out-of-here.weebly.com

Go to Top of Page

Poet Soldier

where ever they send me
340 Posts

Posted - 01/11/2008 :  20:58:50  Show Profile  Click to see Poet Soldier's MSN Messenger address Send Poet Soldier a Private Message  Reply with Quote
aaaahhhh yea the old clunky but quite reliable (if u get the hammer out from time to time)
the new kit is soo electonic its unbelieveable for radios.
(quick subject change) i was wondering if you recieved my submission e-mail with two more of my poems "Little Mozzie" and "We are the Ones..." you might have not have got it or u might have been a lil too busy.
Alex
Go to Top of Page

Tom Mcgreevy
Administrator

United Kingdom

4098 Posts

Posted - 01/11/2008 :  21:08:51  Show Profile  Visit Tom Mcgreevy's Homepage Send Tom Mcgreevy a Private Message  Reply with Quote
We'll have a look later Alex..... just got back from the book launch in Brighton. 135 mile round motorway trip in horrendous pouring rainstorms.
Catch you later Alex

Go to Top of Page

Poet Soldier

where ever they send me
340 Posts

Posted - 02/11/2008 :  18:35:52  Show Profile  Click to see Poet Soldier's MSN Messenger address Send Poet Soldier a Private Message  Reply with Quote
sorry.... ill sit in my little corner and be quiet from now on haha
Alex
Go to Top of Page

Tom Mcgreevy
Administrator

United Kingdom

4098 Posts

Posted - 02/11/2008 :  19:40:09  Show Profile  Visit Tom Mcgreevy's Homepage Send Tom Mcgreevy a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Sorry Alex...... Saturday seems to have been a closure day at FP.
Everybody seems to have been at the book launch, or traveling to it/back from it.
( and my wife had to work very late on friday night, which entailed a lot of travelling !!!!! 31st October ?.... dont tell Paula I said that, or she'll put a curse on me !! )
Sort out the poems monday. Keep safe mate
Tom

Go to Top of Page

Peter Southern
Administrator

United Kingdom

1799 Posts

Posted - 02/11/2008 :  19:51:36  Show Profile  Visit Peter Southern's Homepage Send Peter Southern a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Send me mod instructions when you can Tom, so I can work out how to transfer stuff to the site, take a bit of pressure off you mate

http://a-moment-in-time.weebly.com

Life is not measured by the number of breaths we take, but by the moments that take our breath away

Edited by - Peter Southern on 02/11/2008 19:52:34
Go to Top of Page

Poet Soldier

where ever they send me
340 Posts

Posted - 02/11/2008 :  22:07:04  Show Profile  Click to see Poet Soldier's MSN Messenger address Send Poet Soldier a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Tom please don't break your back on it, im just a little newbie that will get worried about easy things, i hope im not turning into a thorn in anyones side. tell me if i am anytime haha
Alex
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 25 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Flows Forum for Poems and Stories © 2005-2011 FlowForAll.org Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000