header image 2  
Flows Forum for Poems and Stories
FLOW | Forces Poetry | Forces Stories | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:

Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Welcome to Flows Forum
 Welcome and Please Say Hello
 Introduce yourself
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Previous Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 25

Elizajane

Tregaron
United Kingdom

3 Posts

Posted - 18/10/2013 :  09:42:06  Show Profile  Visit Elizajane's Homepage Send Elizajane a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Hi

I am a member of The Royal British Legion, family connections to the armed forces both now and in the past.

I love writing and have written a few poems about Remembrance, however, this year I wrote a poem called "The Poppy Sellers", posted on my Facebook page (just to jog peoples memories to buy a poppy really), it down very well and got people talking about the subject.

I hope this site does very well as I know how cathartic writing can be..

Oh and I was directed here by The Midlands Poppy Appeal on Facebook

Best Wishes to you all
Go to Top of Page

Sland

United Kingdom

343 Posts

Posted - 18/10/2013 :  18:01:32  Show Profile Send Sland a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Welcome Elizajane. Pull up a chair and relax :)

Rgds,
Mike
Go to Top of Page

Ross de Freitas

Woking
United Kingdom

11 Posts

Posted - 06/11/2013 :  19:10:33  Show Profile  Visit Ross de Freitas's Homepage  Send Ross de Freitas an AOL message Send Ross de Freitas a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Hello, my name is Ross, i am 28 and ex 94 Signal Squadron, The Royal Berksire Yeomanry.
I used to attempt to write poetry in school and after many remembrance parades, both young as a cadet, and later on as a soldier, i grew to appreciate the military style of writing, and what it stands for. it was only after the past years problems and the approaching of, to me, a personal remembrance, i first penned, with hope of teaching my children a thing or two. I am very pleased how all this has turned out. Thanks to all who read my thoughts.

Ross de Freitas
Go to Top of Page

janhedger
Administrator

United Kingdom

4216 Posts

Posted - 07/11/2013 :  11:04:08  Show Profile  Visit janhedger's Homepage  Send janhedger an AOL message Send janhedger a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Welcome Ross - good to have you with us and as a poet of 'solid standing' - I started at school too - but didn't give it any further thought for years - but once the seed is sown...
Or thoughts and feelings and appreciation is blessed for being weaved into our poetry compositions - and as a tool for teaching is invaluable.
Many poets - including the WW1 poets used their poetry as a journalistic diary - from them we know the real truth of war.
Thankfully many have continued in this vein - you stand as one of those Ross
Jan

We cannot stop, because if a single one of these men were taken and shot, that would be our fault - Edith Cavell
http://www.janscreativewriting.co.uk/ -updated Aug 17 - with new poems/photo's - video interviews - see PowerPoint slide shows, audio files & my books.
Go to Top of Page

DaveB

Weston Super Mare
United Kingdom

3 Posts

Posted - 07/01/2014 :  20:14:17  Show Profile Send DaveB a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Hi all, I am Dave and started writing when I retired, I have seen lots of the members here on various sites so you are not all strangers. I am not great as a poet but it gives me pleasure so I'm afraid you will need to humour me a little.
So 12 years in Royal Signals reaching the dizzy heights of Corporal and restarting here as a newbie, must be progress of sorts!!!!.
Dave

A poor man sleeps with his hunger,
A rich man with his schemes.
A soldier sleeps with his conscience,
Only children sleep with their dreams.
Go to Top of Page

taffy

Oswestry Shropshire.
United Kingdom

2073 Posts

Posted - 07/01/2014 :  21:53:34  Show Profile  Visit taffy's Homepage Send taffy a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Hello Dave, Welcme to this great site, you will find many friends here, although some like me are getting a little lazy about posting, will look forward to reading your work. taffy
Go to Top of Page

DaveB

Weston Super Mare
United Kingdom

3 Posts

Posted - 15/01/2014 :  09:23:21  Show Profile Send DaveB a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Thanks for the welcome Taffy, I have sent some of my bits in but they seem to take a while to show up on here.
Best wishes to Shropshire

A poor man sleeps with his hunger,
A rich man with his schemes.
A soldier sleeps with his conscience,
Only children sleep with their dreams.
Go to Top of Page

janhedger
Administrator

United Kingdom

4216 Posts

Posted - 14/02/2014 :  23:20:04  Show Profile  Visit janhedger's Homepage  Send janhedger an AOL message Send janhedger a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Yes Sorry about that Dave - we have unusually had some gremlins! Please don't let it put you off! You and your poems are most and always welcome!
Have you seen the post inviting WW1 poems and category naming?
Jan

We cannot stop, because if a single one of these men were taken and shot, that would be our fault - Edith Cavell
http://www.janscreativewriting.co.uk/ -updated Aug 17 - with new poems/photo's - video interviews - see PowerPoint slide shows, audio files & my books.
Go to Top of Page

Mac
Administrator

United Kingdom

1626 Posts

Posted - 15/02/2014 :  09:21:44  Show Profile  Visit Mac's Homepage Send Mac a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Welcome to Elizajane, Ross and Dave. I hope you have a lovely time in here with all the lovely family members. Dave we are all great writers by the very fact that we put pen to paper and share. What others think of our passions, emotions and feelings are welcome but what comes from the heart is so important.

I haven't written for just over a year and when i am ready to I will and for me it will be very important I am sure, so write as if there's no tomorrow and for the good of the many who take so much from our site.

Dream, Hope, Believe, Do
Go to Top of Page

Jax

United Kingdom

1 Posts

Posted - 18/03/2014 :  14:08:04  Show Profile Send Jax a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Hi i am Jax and im new here, so glad i found this site. After being part of an army family for 22 years we are now on the outside and im feeling a little lost to be honest, it would be lovely to speak to others in the same position or still in and share/swap stories and poetry. We still take part in some functions as we are still honorary members and i have good friends, but its just not the same any more. Looking forward to meeting you all :-)
Go to Top of Page

Peter Southern
Administrator

United Kingdom

1799 Posts

Posted - 18/03/2014 :  20:34:37  Show Profile  Visit Peter Southern's Homepage Send Peter Southern a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Hi to all our new family members. Sorry for the delay in welcoming you. Feel free to join in and enjoy.
Peter

http://a-moment-in-time.weebly.com

Life is not measured by the number of breaths we take, but by the moments that take our breath away
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 25 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Flows Forum for Poems and Stories © 2005-2011 FlowForAll.org Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000