header image 2  
Flows Forum for Poems and Stories
FLOW | Forces Poetry | Forces Stories | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:

Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Welcome to Flows Forum
 Welcome and Please Say Hello
 Introduce yourself
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Previous Page | Next Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 25

Annie
Administrator

United Kingdom

1040 Posts

Posted - 25/11/2005 :  09:44:07  Show Profile  Visit Annie's Homepage Send Annie a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Hi there Jocklove
Great to see you here and sorry there were some problems getting in to use the forum. Keep the poems coming.
Regards
Annie

Poetry is always in motion
Go to Top of Page

Bruff

United Kingdom

61 Posts

Posted - 03/12/2005 :  09:43:04  Show Profile  Visit Bruff's Homepage  Click to see Bruff's MSN Messenger address Send Bruff a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Hi everyone,
I think itís high time I introduced myself as Iím getting on the older side and they tell me, Ď we donít get any younger,í strange?
My name is Peter but everyone calls me Bruff. I joined the Welsh Guards in 1967; donít ask how a Scouser came to be in the Welsh Guards itís a long story, Iíll write a poem about it one day. I transferred out of the Guards in Ď73 but remained in HM Service. I retired in 2002 when Doctors said I wouldnít see past Christmas, but as you see Iím still here, so what do they know? Noffiní!
Being young, Iím only %^ and unfortunately, too few people say I'm to good-looking to pack up life completely, so I now have a little casual job as a Ďfinal journey operativeí work that one out? But I only do it for the free staff funeral, honest!
Iím 34 years married to the same wonderful woman, wife, mum and grandma, (sheíll kill me for that, as she is a Nana not a Grandma!) We have four grown up, but sometimes still dependant adults. Well, they still keep asking me for money put it that way. Weíve got six lovely grandchildren, for which I can only thank my Ďadultsí for, so I suppose itís worth the money in the end.
I write poetry and short stories for my own pleasure, I love reading and the Ďexploitation of expressioní that the English language gives us, although Iím fundamentally uneducated, sorry there I go again, that means, Ďbasically thickí as I only used to read the Beano comic as a kid, so I suppose thatís the reason why Iím still a kid at heart.
At this juncture in my life Iím in the middle of writing my first novel, so should it ever go to print, you can all buy a copy, (thatís 25 copies sold already).
Well, thatís me in a few sentences, so, in the immortal words of the greatest bard ever to live: -

Quote:- "Enjoy the poems what I wrote." End quote:

Ernie Wise. British Comedian 1925 - 1999

Bruff
Go to Top of Page

Annie
Administrator

United Kingdom

1040 Posts

Posted - 04/12/2005 :  10:11:34  Show Profile  Visit Annie's Homepage Send Annie a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Hi Bruff,
Lovely to read a bit about you and I hope "Nana" doesn't smack your wrist too hard. (I loved Morcambe and Wise so much).
Annie

Go to Top of Page

PaddyS

United Kingdom

324 Posts

Posted - 05/12/2005 :  20:49:23  Show Profile  Visit PaddyS's Homepage Send PaddyS a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Hello Everybody,
To introduce myself, old sweat ex Royal Armoured Corp of many, many moons ago. Served in the Persian Gulf in 1961, when General Kasseem was the resident Iraqi nuisance. He,of course was "deposed" by the then upstart, one Saddam Hussein.

Most of my poetry is in the lighter vein, and is sometimes anecdotal and sometimes pure fiction. Occasionally I try something more serious, which is usually fiction, but always from the heart.

I hope I can meet the very high standard that has already been met on this great site. And special thanks to you Annie for helping me with the registration problem, which I managed to muck up even with your help.I hope I get it right this time.
Paddy

Edited by - PaddyS on 06/10/2006 20:55:00
Go to Top of Page

PaddyS

United Kingdom

324 Posts

Posted - 06/12/2005 :  20:46:42  Show Profile  Visit PaddyS's Homepage Send PaddyS a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Looks like I managed it. That's a relief.
Paddy

Quote "So long as it comes from the heart."
Jimmy "Schnozzle" Durante. 1893-1980
Go to Top of Page

Annie
Administrator

United Kingdom

1040 Posts

Posted - 06/12/2005 :  21:04:38  Show Profile  Visit Annie's Homepage Send Annie a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Hi Paddy,

Great to have you on the forum and delighted with your poems too. Schnozzle was a favourite of my Dad and I still remember watching him on TV with my dad laughing away.

I'll look forward to more of your poems.

Annie

Go to Top of Page

palmbay

United Kingdom

26 Posts

Posted - 15/12/2005 :  22:51:20  Show Profile  Visit palmbay's Homepage Send palmbay a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Having posted a few of my attempts at prose, it seems fitting to introduce myself. I joined the REME back in 76 and served 25 years attached to a variety of Regiments, mostly Cavalry, leaving in 2001. I am 46, married with 3 children and presently working in the rail industry. Over the years I have written a few poems, I wrote Millenium whilst serving in Bosnia back in Xmas 1999 with the QRL. I don't write that much, just when the urge takes me, mostly about any old thing that gets into my head, some quite deep, some light-hearted. It is nice to have a site such as this that you can read other peoples tales and relate them to your own experiences. There are some excellent poems here, by some quite talented people. Feedback always appreciated!

Nice one Annie, this is a tribute to your hard work!

Mick H
Go to Top of Page

Annie
Administrator

United Kingdom

1040 Posts

Posted - 16/12/2005 :  07:34:18  Show Profile  Visit Annie's Homepage Send Annie a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Hi Mick,
A pleasure to do it and to receive "attempts at prose" from anyone especially such good ones as yours. It is a rare gift in life to be able to do what you really love doing. As soon as I win the lottery I will devote all my time to this. Keep them coming and spread the word.
Annie

Go to Top of Page

Robert Peden

12 Posts

Posted - 17/12/2005 :  13:30:02  Show Profile Send Robert Peden a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Hi everyone my name is Robert(Bob)very close to 50years old.Married and have 5 daughters and 2 grandchildren.
I got this site from Mick H.
G.B.Y. Bob
Go to Top of Page

Annie
Administrator

United Kingdom

1040 Posts

Posted - 17/12/2005 :  19:12:05  Show Profile  Visit Annie's Homepage Send Annie a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Hi Bob, it is great to see you on the forum. I am presuming that with 5 daughters you are grey too :)

I am delighted that you came to us on recomendation too as that is the best way for us to grow. All the best

Annie

Go to Top of Page

Robert Peden

12 Posts

Posted - 18/12/2005 :  12:48:52  Show Profile Send Robert Peden a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Thanks Anne,I would not mind having grey hair,
I would mind having HAIR.

G.B.Y. Bob
Go to Top of Page

Annie
Administrator

United Kingdom

1040 Posts

Posted - 26/12/2005 :  19:20:46  Show Profile  Visit Annie's Homepage Send Annie a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Missed that one Bob, it made me chuckle

Go to Top of Page

Smudge

United Kingdom

5 Posts

Posted - 15/02/2006 :  15:39:47  Show Profile  Visit Smudge's Homepage Send Smudge a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Hello all,
I am known as Smudge or Smudger. I just visited this site as I sort of stumbled into it but wanted to become a member cos of one of your peoms. I read through "This mask we wear" and I knew I had to sign up. This new scandal in the press is so like everything else.... they have not been there, they have not had to see their mates dying, they do NOT know that they wouldnt do things like this they just think they wouldnt.
I am not saying what they did was right in any way; but you dont send young men into war and expect them not to retaliate. It is life and under such enormous pressures it will happen. Sorry I have gone on a bit. I just wish that someone in the Sun would read that poem and print it to tell the others what our boys and girls have to go through. Some of these lads were just changed into the people they have become, they were not like that.
Smudger
Go to Top of Page

Sland

United Kingdom

343 Posts

Posted - 15/02/2006 :  16:33:10  Show Profile Send Sland a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Hear! Hear!

Oh and welcome Smudge :)

Rgds,
Mike
Go to Top of Page

palmbay

United Kingdom

26 Posts

Posted - 15/02/2006 :  19:49:02  Show Profile  Visit palmbay's Homepage Send palmbay a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Welcome Smudger, we all wish the same mate, I too was in the first Gulf conflict.

United in War and Peace
-Mick-
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 25 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Flows Forum for Poems and Stories © 2005-2011 FlowForAll.org Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000