header image 2  
Flows Forum for Poems and Stories
FLOW | Forces Poetry | Forces Stories | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:

Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Welcome to Flows Forum
 Welcome and Please Say Hello
 Introduce yourself
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Previous Page | Next Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 25

alisonmitchuk

United Kingdom

85 Posts

Posted - 14/08/2006 :  22:40:04  Show Profile  Visit alisonmitchuk's Homepage Send alisonmitchuk a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Hi Ruth,
welcome, I'm a newbie here and just finding my feet with the site,good luck with your results.

Alison x
Go to Top of Page

Peaches

United Kingdom

230 Posts

Posted - 15/08/2006 :  13:13:08  Show Profile  Visit Peaches's Homepage  Click to see Peaches's MSN Messenger address Send Peaches a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Welcome Ruth

There has been some lovely commnets about one of your poems on our forum you may not have seen the post as it is a few pages back so here is the link to it - http://www.forcespoetry.co.uk/forum/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=30

Keep us posted about your results I have fingers and toes crossed for you.

It is nice to have a younger member on the site the oldies need to be kept on their toes

Peaches.x.
Go to Top of Page

Rick

United Kingdom

46 Posts

Posted - 21/09/2006 :  01:25:47  Show Profile  Visit Rick's Homepage Send Rick a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Hi, Greetings to all and sundry, poets, non-poets, browsers and surfers alike.
I am Rick. Within the last two weeks have just reached the dreaded six zero.

Firstly, Many, many thanks to Annie for her patience and assistance. I registered initially about two weeks ago but mistakenly agreed for Windows to remember my details.

It has been a nightmare getting back to log on to the forum. Windows said that my details were not the same, but then asked me would I like them to change to the new details. When I said 'Yes', it seemed to ignore the new details --- and I was back into a loop. Oh!!! The bizarre problems of the twentyfirst century!! The early Doctor Who's never mentioned anything about this.

This will be the first time that I have ever posted anything on any forum although I have visited the AAJLR's one.

I have written one or two bits of what one could describe as lighthearted or quirky poetry during my time in Her Majesty's Forces although some may describe it otherwise. That remains to be seen.

Thanks again to Annie, although my PC, Windows whatever may not let me on again.

Kind regards and care for your forces, ex-forces and the environment.

Rick 0123/21SEP06

Rick

Care for our Forces, our Ex-Forces and The Environment!
Go to Top of Page

Annie
Administrator

United Kingdom

1040 Posts

Posted - 22/09/2006 :  19:33:40  Show Profile  Visit Annie's Homepage Send Annie a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Hi Rick, so glad to see you here at last. You did have a rough ride getting on here but hopefully it will all go smoothly from now on.

"60", a mere youth. I attended an 80th birthday party recently and the lady in question was planning for her 90th already. Fortunately age is of no concern on this site as all are welcome from the young to the ancient. I calss myself as somewhere in between.

Annie x - Poetry is always in motion
Go to Top of Page

Rick

United Kingdom

46 Posts

Posted - 23/09/2006 :  02:26:50  Show Profile  Visit Rick's Homepage Send Rick a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Hi Annie, Poets, Non-poets, Browsers & Surfers alike,

Thank you for your welcome Annie. I STILL!!!! can not log-in at the 'Login' box and it shoves me into the somewhat irritating 'loop' I mentioned before!!! However if I ignore that and click directly on the 'Forum' box, it lets me in.
Oh! The bizarre problems of the Twentyfirst Century!!!
At least 'it' lets me visit your site as 'it' has refused to let me visit another 'forces' site, period, and I get a message saying, 'This page cannot be displayed', continually!!!

I hope you didn't classify me in the 'ancient' category Annie. I know you didn't, but I'm not bothered anyway as I have had the honour, in my opinion, of living through the greatest era of pop music with The Beatles, The Stones, The Who and The Moody Blues etc., etc.

During difficult times in my 24 years in H.M.Forces, and since, The Beatles music and some pieces of Mozart,[and the 'Switched on Bach' album, [but I can't get it on CD!!!!]], helped me to switch off and I would recomend that to anybody when they are in difficult times. Perhaps other pieces of music would be appropriate to ones age, but I personally think that the music of The Beatles and Mozart and some others are ageless.
One day before my 60th I had the honour of a request being played on national radio, [BBC Radio 2 'Sounds of the Sixties']. The record was the hauntingly beautiful 'Anthology Three' version of George Harrison's 'While my guitar gently weeps'. It made my day.

Wow!!! I've waffled on.
Regarding poetry, having had a look at some examples on the site I am impressed by the, [in my opinion], very high standards. 'Here I sit' by Sland comes to mind, although the title reminds me of another piece of poetry, which possibly would not be appropriate for your site.

Thanks again, Annie,

Rick SAT23SEP06/0224TX
Care for our forces, ex-forces and the environment.

Rick

Go to Top of Page

Annie
Administrator

United Kingdom

1040 Posts

Posted - 24/09/2006 :  01:18:54  Show Profile  Visit Annie's Homepage Send Annie a Private Message  Reply with Quote
it suddenly occured to me... don't try to log in on the column on the left of a normal website page as that is for administrators only but always logon at the forum page which is linked below ... http://forcespoetry.co.uk/forum/default.asp by clicking the little button on the top right hand corner.

Yes music is really important to me too so I have a few favourites too some old and some new, Beatles, Cat Stevens, Dylan, Pink Floyd and many others right up to modern day stuff like the one I am listening to now.

In fact if you go to http://forcespoetry.co.uk/music.asp you'll be able to play some of them. Enjoy!

Go to Top of Page

Rick

United Kingdom

46 Posts

Posted - 25/09/2006 :  00:33:02  Show Profile  Visit Rick's Homepage Send Rick a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Thanks Annie,

It appears that was were the problem was.

Thanks for the link to the music page. I listened to a few including Harry's Theme and Soldier. The last always reminds me of a very brave soldier called Gunner Restorick, [I hope it is OK to mention his name], who died in somewhat similar circumstances in the same country.
'Another Brick in the Wall', reminds me of a dodgy time, as it was then 'top of the pops'.

On a lighthearted note, it was interesting to see that you mentioned 'Hey Jude'. Did you know that immediately after Paul sings, 'get you under my skin', for the SECOND time, you can hear some dodgy expletives, 'Oh! ******g *ell'. You can here the, 'Oh!' very clearly, [if you know where to listen], but there is quite a gap to the second bit. The story I've heard on this, is that it is Ringo who has dropped one of his drum-sticks. Somehow, it was left in.
'Not a lot of people know that!', to quote Michael Cain.

DONATIONS Although I've been using the 'net for about eight years, I've only had a PC since January this year and have not stepped over the threshold of giving any financial details. I understand that it is secure, but I am a little concerned. I forwarded a cheque to a forces site this weekend and could have sent one to F.P. I do understand your reasons and there may be a way round this in the next few weeks.

Thanks again, Annie,

Rick MON25SEP06/0030TX

Care for our Forces, our Ex-Forces and the Environment.

Rick

Go to Top of Page

Annie
Administrator

United Kingdom

1040 Posts

Posted - 25/09/2006 :  21:08:44  Show Profile  Visit Annie's Homepage Send Annie a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Great to hear that it has solved the issue.

Harrys theme has always been a favourite of mine and Soldier reached legendary status some years ago now.

I have listened to Hey Jude about 7 times now and yes I do believe there is a soft outburst... how funny!!

Donations! Always welcome but no need to rush as we'll be around for a long time yet. Perhaps we'll find an alternative non IT (on line) method soon.

Happy posting!

Go to Top of Page

n/a
deleted

165 Posts

Posted - 26/09/2006 :  20:18:12  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
wicked.x
Go to Top of Page

Nell Sealey

United Kingdom

15 Posts

Posted - 03/10/2006 :  18:37:56  Show Profile  Visit Nell Sealey's Homepage  Send Nell Sealey an AOL message Send Nell Sealey a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Hello everyone and a special hello to Chris Green who encouraged me to join and submit my poems to this site.

I am Nell, aged 55 and single since the death of my partner last October. I have Crohns disease which was diagnosed in 1972 and have had two major serious operations since. I have good days and bad days and have found that writing helps me especially poetry which takes me away from the dark and into the light. I have passionate views on many subjects and voice them better in poetry than in speech, it also makes me think and use my brain as I am no longer able to work.

As some of you may have gathered I AM THE NELL who changed her mind about marriage to Chris, not, I have to add, that anything was wrong between us just that on thinking things through I realised that I did not love him enough to be his wife and he deserves better than that. However I am in a relationship with someone who, I realised, I loved more than I thought, I told Chris all and there is no bad feeling between us at all, in fact, we speak often and he is a dear, dear friend, with a vast array of talent and guts.

Although I have no actual connection with the forces other than my family's contribution during both wars, I am very happy to be here and look forward to contributing in any way I can.

Thank you Annie for your help.

Nell Sealey
Go to Top of Page

n/a
deleted

165 Posts

Posted - 03/10/2006 :  18:40:22  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
atleast you can be PROUD of your fammilys contribution m8.
Go to Top of Page

Annie
Administrator

United Kingdom

1040 Posts

Posted - 04/10/2006 :  16:02:38  Show Profile  Visit Annie's Homepage Send Annie a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Hi Nell and glad to see it all worked out and you got to our forum safely. I am delighted to see you here joining our band of poets and you are always welcome to voice your opinion through your poems. Whether there is a direct, indirect or no connection to the forces we welcome all contributions as poetry is a superb way of expressing emotion and a great release for many including me. Chris is a fantastic chap with a wealth of knowledge on many areas and a great contributor to the site. I look forward to reading your poems.

Go to Top of Page

Peaches

United Kingdom

230 Posts

Posted - 04/10/2006 :  21:51:02  Show Profile  Visit Peaches's Homepage  Click to see Peaches's MSN Messenger address Send Peaches a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Welcome to both Nell and Rick

Rick you will soon get use to how to use the forum. Come over to the coffee room and have a chat on there I normally waffle on over on there

Peaches.x.
Go to Top of Page

missyloulou

Germany

3 Posts

Posted - 07/10/2006 :  20:29:20  Show Profile  Visit missyloulou's Homepage  Click to see missyloulou's MSN Messenger address Send missyloulou a Private Message  Reply with Quote
hello everyone,

im louise and im 28 years old. im an army wife and married to dave. we have three children katie is 17, caitlin 5 and sophia is 18 months old. i have written some poetry (along time ago) will dig some out. this site is fantastic annie and the poems are amazing. thanks fore letting me join.

louise x

proud-army-wife
Go to Top of Page

Annie
Administrator

United Kingdom

1040 Posts

Posted - 07/10/2006 :  21:29:43  Show Profile  Visit Annie's Homepage Send Annie a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Hey Louise, I am so happy that you like the site. Lovely ladies like you are always welcome so come on in and dip your ears in the water of tears, stick out your tongue to poems on fun but most of all within these pages send us some poems to read for ages.

Have fun and thank you very much for the page from the Herford Herald.

Go to Top of Page
Page: of 25 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Flows Forum for Poems and Stories © 2005-2011 FlowForAll.org Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000