header image 2  
Flows Forum for Poems and Stories
FLOW | Forces Poetry | Forces Stories | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:

Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Welcome to Flows Forum
 Welcome and Please Say Hello
 Introduce yourself
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Previous Page | Next Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 25

Annie
Administrator

United Kingdom

1040 Posts

Posted - 22/12/2007 :  18:29:16  Show Profile  Visit Annie's Homepage Send Annie a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Hi Christie, lovely to have you in here with us. Poetry is indeed therapeutic and I think we all find release from writing. It is so nice to have another person from America, we are trying to attract more people from America, both serving armed forces and their families too.

One of our members called Mac is going to be talking on this Internet Radio station http://www.armywifetalkradio.com/ in Jan. If you've never listened to it I think you'll like it.

Have fun and enjoy the site.

Annie x - Poetry is always in motion
Go to Top of Page

Bruff

United Kingdom

61 Posts

Posted - 12/02/2008 :  20:38:26  Show Profile  Visit Bruff's Homepage  Click to see Bruff's MSN Messenger address Send Bruff a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Hi Christie
Spread the word on the old U.S of A,
'Forces Poetry' is the place to be, as it comes from the heart to both you and me.
Bruff
I'm a poet and I don't know it.

'Carpe Diem'
Go to Top of Page

Sheila Weekes

United Kingdom

118 Posts

Posted - 31/03/2008 :  12:09:49  Show Profile  Visit Sheila Weekes's Homepage Send Sheila Weekes a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Hello to all
I have just been pointed in this direction by a member and I am so happy to join. There are some amazing writes on here. I will enjoy a great deal of quality reading and it so so good to see the little ones have a go too.

One dream for life
Go to Top of Page

Tom Mcgreevy
Administrator

Ex-English Army ( Ex-pat Geordie ), Berkshire
United Kingdom

4098 Posts

Posted - 31/03/2008 :  12:16:22  Show Profile  Visit Tom Mcgreevy's Homepage Send Tom Mcgreevy a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Hi Sheila, glad to have you on board.. feel free to join in forums with us, on anything you like !
Send in some poems if you eant, and dont forget to spread the word about our community here at Forces Poetry
regards

http://im-a-soldier-get-me-out-of-here.weebly.com

Go to Top of Page

davi.kill

Gainsborough Lincs
United Kingdom

264 Posts

Posted - 31/03/2008 :  22:27:48  Show Profile Send davi.kill a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Well Done Sheila, welcome David K

Edited by - davi.kill on 31/03/2008 22:32:57
Go to Top of Page

janhedger
Administrator

United Kingdom

4230 Posts

Posted - 31/03/2008 :  22:29:12  Show Profile  Visit janhedger's Homepage  Send janhedger an AOL message Send janhedger a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Hi, and it's a welcome from me!
Jan

We cannot stop, because if a single one of these men were taken and shot, that would be our fault - Edith Cavell
http://www.janscreativewriting.co.uk/ -updated Aug 17 - with new poems/photo's - video interviews - see PowerPoint slide shows, audio files & my books.
Go to Top of Page

Annie
Administrator

United Kingdom

1040 Posts

Posted - 01/04/2008 :  07:56:56  Show Profile  Visit Annie's Homepage Send Annie a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Hi Sheila, welcome to our little home of poetry and lovely people. We do have some great poems on here and we love new members. Enjoy the poetry, the banter and the rather mad sense of humour these lovely people share.

Go to Top of Page

Kale

United Kingdom

345 Posts

Posted - 01/04/2008 :  18:21:44  Show Profile  Visit Kale's Homepage Send Kale a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Hi Everyone
My name is Kale. I am the proud mother of a serving soldier currently out on operations in one of those sandy places. I have posted two poems on this site under the name of Michaela Turner... my real name.

I am married with three children...My son is 19 and he is the one out on operations, I have two daughters also, one aged 18 the other 4.

Take care and look forward to chatting

Kale xx

Kale's New Book Poems from the Heart - out now

We don't grow old from too much laughing... we grow old because we stop!

http://www.lulu.com/content/3998012
Go to Top of Page

Tom Mcgreevy
Administrator

Ex-English Army ( Ex-pat Geordie ), Berkshire
United Kingdom

4098 Posts

Posted - 01/04/2008 :  18:47:49  Show Profile  Visit Tom Mcgreevy's Homepage Send Tom Mcgreevy a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Hi Kale, welcome to Forces Poetry. Love your poems.
Best wishes to your son out there somewhere. As ex- forces myself, although my last tour was The Falklands, I understand what you and him go through.
all the best

http://im-a-soldier-get-me-out-of-here.weebly.com

Go to Top of Page

taffy

Oswestry Shropshire.
United Kingdom

2073 Posts

Posted - 01/04/2008 :  18:48:17  Show Profile  Visit taffy's Homepage Send taffy a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Hello and a welcome from me, will read your poems very shortly. pleased to hear you joining in so quickly. Best to you and yours.Taffy
Go to Top of Page

Kale

United Kingdom

345 Posts

Posted - 01/04/2008 :  19:55:24  Show Profile  Visit Kale's Homepage Send Kale a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Thank you Gents for your welcome messages. I am looking forward to reading the many poems that people have posted.

Take care

Kale

Kale's New Book Poems from the Heart - out now

We don't grow old from too much laughing... we grow old because we stop!

http://www.lulu.com/content/3998012
Go to Top of Page

janhedger
Administrator

United Kingdom

4230 Posts

Posted - 01/04/2008 :  21:22:08  Show Profile  Visit janhedger's Homepage  Send janhedger an AOL message Send janhedger a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Hi and welcome, catch up soon when back from hols in 2 weeks,
Jan

We cannot stop, because if a single one of these men were taken and shot, that would be our fault - Edith Cavell
http://www.janscreativewriting.co.uk/ -updated Aug 17 - with new poems/photo's - video interviews - see PowerPoint slide shows, audio files & my books.
Go to Top of Page

davi.kill

Gainsborough Lincs
United Kingdom

264 Posts

Posted - 02/04/2008 :  00:13:28  Show Profile Send davi.kill a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Welcome Kale our thoughts and prayers are with you and your family.
May all be well .Dave K
Go to Top of Page

Annie
Administrator

United Kingdom

1040 Posts

Posted - 02/04/2008 :  19:06:27  Show Profile  Visit Annie's Homepage Send Annie a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Hi Kale, welcome to our little home of poetry and frindship.

I have just read both your poems and loved them but I really loved "For Loved Ones", what an excellent poem! A great read taking you on that journey through his life, the times of worry and relief so well expressed.

Do keep writing and I hope that you enjoy all the wonderful poems we have.

He'll be just fine!

Go to Top of Page

Ibsunny

Palestine, TX
USA

24 Posts

Posted - 13/04/2008 :  15:15:00  Show Profile  Visit Ibsunny's Homepage Send Ibsunny a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Hello everyone. I’m Sunny (Ibsunny) I am 57, I have 6 adult children 12 grandchildren. I am a retired nurse. I am a computer Tech. NT Admin. dabble in programming. Artist/writer/poet.

I followed my long-lost friend, Taffy’s, lead to your forum –I am impressed, you have a very nice forum. For today I’ll just poke about and get to know my way around. Thank you.
-Sunny
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 25 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Flows Forum for Poems and Stories © 2005-2011 FlowForAll.org Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000