header image 2  
Flows Forum for Poems and Stories
FLOW | Forces Poetry | Forces Stories | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:

Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 The Coffee Shop
 What you get from this site
 A letter of thanks
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Annie
Administrator

United Kingdom

1040 Posts

Posted - 13/07/2010 :  21:33:30  Show Profile  Visit Annie's Homepage Send Annie a Private Message  Reply with Quote
This actually arrived months ago but someone didn't think it needed putting up! I have now read written to Brian to ask permission to publish his letter on our site as I believe it deserves publicising. Modesty will have to wait.

Brian is the father of a young soldier who was having huge problems with guilt and regret. He has now received professional help but as his father says it would not have happened had it not been for the care and time given by "the fellow that runs flow". Here is what Brian has written.

Hello all at flow. We all want to write and say thank you for all you have done for my boy so my daughter is writing this on her email for you. I know he has not sent in a poem or a story so sorry for that but he has got so much from your place I dont know where to start to say thanks.

He is back out in the sand pit as I write this and he is really back on track with his life and all that talk of hurting himself has not come back since last year. He is a good lad, he works real hard and he has even now helped others to help them get help too. Your man who helped my boy is a hero and all our family want to say thanks for what your place does for so many guys. I know he sent lots of emails to our boy and stuff but to accept calls at night too was really something else, that was just what he needed, a voice and someone who could talk about things in his language. Now that was above the call of his duty.

Our christmas was made this year as we had our lad home and happier for the first time in so long. His dreams and stuff havnt gone but he deals with them better now and he doesnt drink half as much.

So from us all a real big thank you for helping our son and for all those others you help too.

Keep up the good work as theres nothing like your place out there nothing like it at all.

Thank you for ever

Brian

Annie x - Poetry is always in motion

janhedger
Administrator

United Kingdom

4230 Posts

Posted - 13/07/2010 :  22:45:44  Show Profile  Visit janhedger's Homepage  Send janhedger an AOL message Send janhedger a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Oh Annie, hi and thank you so much for this posting! Doesn't it warm your heart, right to a shiver in your bones! We love 'our Big Fella' and this is why! Going that step beyond - is what makes him who he is and I am so proud of him tonight!
For the boy back in the Sandy Place - be strong son - you'll be fine!
Jan

We cannot stop, because if a single one of these men were taken and shot, that would be our fault - Edith Cavell
http://www.janscreativewriting.co.uk/ -updated Aug 17 - with new poems/photo's - video interviews - see PowerPoint slide shows, audio files & my books.
Go to Top of Page

Peter Southern
Administrator

United Kingdom

1799 Posts

Posted - 14/07/2010 :  09:12:17  Show Profile  Visit Peter Southern's Homepage Send Peter Southern a Private Message  Reply with Quote
The light passes to another candle and shows the way.

http://a-moment-in-time.weebly.com

Life is not measured by the number of breaths we take, but by the moments that take our breath away
Go to Top of Page

Krazus

North Lincs
United Kingdom

372 Posts

Posted - 14/07/2010 :  12:52:23  Show Profile Send Krazus a Private Message  Reply with Quote
wow, isnt it amazing every now and then when you are shown truly how kind and considerate the human soul can be, both our big fella and the loving family of the fella in the sand pit.

thoughts with you all.

if your looking at the stars, you will miss the manholes
Go to Top of Page

Tom Mcgreevy
Administrator

Ex-English Army ( Ex-pat Geordie ), Berkshire
United Kingdom

4098 Posts

Posted - 14/07/2010 :  15:05:56  Show Profile  Visit Tom Mcgreevy's Homepage Send Tom Mcgreevy a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Mac...you are Amazing !
We'll keep this going, and I'm behind you all the way.
A great Captain at the Helm
Tom

http://im-a-soldier-get-me-out-of-here.weebly.com

Go to Top of Page

taffy

Oswestry Shropshire.
United Kingdom

2073 Posts

Posted - 02/03/2012 :  10:58:46  Show Profile  Visit taffy's Homepage Send taffy a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Hello Big Fella, well earned praise indeed, thank you from one who has experienced your help. taffy
Go to Top of Page

SapperG

United Kingdom

523 Posts

Posted - 02/03/2012 :  12:08:07  Show Profile Send SapperG a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Hello Annie,
After reading your piece and the sentiments expressed by this young man's Father I am truly moved. My admiration for Mac and others like him is heartfelt and sincere. I realise now that I too have come to the right place, a place of understanding, support and giving of each other to help in any way possible. Just one small kindness can ease a burden; one meaningful word can turn the key which allows some light into our lives once again. As in the case of this young man, no need to engage or respond in order to receive compassion from like minded souls. Just being open to receive the benefit from others is a major step in rebuilding who we once were and can be again. Being exposed to such wonderful people is a true Blessing.
God Bless,
Richard

Edited by - SapperG on 19/07/2012 18:31:41
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Flows Forum for Poems and Stories © 2005-2011 FlowForAll.org Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000