header image 2  
Flows Forum for Poems and Stories
FLOW | Forces Poetry | Forces Stories | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:

Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 The Coffee Shop
 Faith, Philosophy & Society
 Rioting
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Krazus

North Lincs
United Kingdom

372 Posts

Posted - 29/08/2011 :  12:14:31  Show Profile Send Krazus a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Hi Folks,

I was just wondering now that a period of peace has followed the limited unrest in our green isle, what you all have thought of it, and what you think of our Society and certain parts of it that feel it is ok to do the things witnessed?

IS there any blame that can be identified that has allowed a generation of british people to grew thinking that destroying property in mindless acts and stealing in mass is ok. How you feel seeing a generation explaining their actions with 'Well, its to show the rich people, innit, like!'

My own thoughts are that with the reduction of powers for teachers, the police and parents in Disciplining children and teenagers has lead to a generation growing up with no respect for anything or anyone and no sense of morals or principles. I remember getting the slipper whn i was in the 4th yr in junior school, and then the law changing, when i got to the senior school months later I could see the difference immediately. Was this the start of it?

if your looking at the stars, you will miss the manholes

Kale

United Kingdom

345 Posts

Posted - 29/08/2011 :  15:29:12  Show Profile  Visit Kale's Homepage Send Kale a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Hi Krazus

I couldn't agree with your thoughts more. I too feel that society today has so little respect for themselves, never mind authority. I was always brought up to show respect and in return, I would be respected and this is what I insitlled in all three of my children.

I recall when my youngest was at nursery school, one of the nursery teachers was trying to stop a little toddler from strangling another child (little tike had the other in a headlock)... rather than explaining to the child that his actions were naughty, she was telling the child that he was being rather aggressive which naturally the child ignored and continued to battle with the other child. When I pointed out that if she just told the child that he was being naughty then he would understand and stop, she said that whilst she agreed with me, she wasn't allowed to as it wasn't ethical to do so.... one word summed it up... pathetic.

Children are being wrapped in cotton wool so much today that they have no idea what it is like just to be a child and to 'learn' from their mistakes... as you say, the teachers and police have no powers anymore and if there is no discipline or respect at home then children beleive they can do whatever they please without consequence.

The recent riots are a prime example of an ever increasing dysfunctional socieity and if nothing is done then heaven knows what will become of our country in the future. I've heard comments saying that the criminals involved should be sent to the front line to fight alongside our soldiers, I for one do not agree with this as I wouldn't want people who do such crimes watching my son's back or any other serviceman or woman's back. What they do need is proper punishment which would deter them from committing similar crimes in the future... a good military beasting wouldn't go amiss :)

Kale's New Book Poems from the Heart - out now

We don't grow old from too much laughing... we grow old because we stop!

http://www.lulu.com/content/3998012
Go to Top of Page

Chris Green

Newark-upon-Trent
United Kingdom

2301 Posts

Posted - 16/09/2012 :  16:45:46  Show Profile  Visit Chris Green's Homepage Send Chris Green a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Let me see now, our prisons are not being built and they are overcrowded.

We are in a recession and so need to save money - no problem - we send the prisoners to a nice cheap foreign country, preferably one unencumbered by civil rights - Russia? China? Africa? That island where they tested the anthrax? Chain gang filling in the north sea and English channel in order to provide space for Heathrow's third runway?

A whipping post in every village and executions filmed as spectator events on internet TV.

Anyone wishing to be a politician is automatically put in prison before they are elected - it saves time later.

Parliament is moved to Pentonville Prison and the current building is turned into an hotel and museum.

Regards,
Chris Green
frankgreen2@virginmedia.com
http://chrisgreen.weebly.com/

Service before self

'A Poppy in My Buttonhole' available now SEE:
http://www.rossendalebooks.co.uk/
http://www.lulu.com/content/2791550

My next book will be "The Crcodile Chronicles" and is projected to be launched 2015 or a quarter past eight in time for Christmas.
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Flows Forum for Poems and Stories © 2005-2011 FlowForAll.org Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000