header image 2  
Flows Forum for Poems and Stories
FLOW | Forces Poetry | Forces Stories | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:

Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Welcome to Flows Forum
 Welcome and Please Say Hello
 Hello from Chris Dickson
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Chris4267

Swindon
United Kingdom

2 Posts

Posted - 09/02/2012 :  11:09:13  Show Profile Send Chris4267 a Private Message  Reply with Quote

Just a quick hello to all 'on board' on this site. I am a friend of Mac's and have enjoyed visiting this site for some time now. A quite like scribbling my thoughts down sometimes and plucked up the courage to share some of them because of Mac really.

What i particularly like doing is reading other peoples thoughts, poetry and stories, wonderful. A very rewarding way to spend some quite time, kick back and unwind, indeed.

Thank you

Chris

janhedger
Administrator

United Kingdom

4216 Posts

Posted - 10/02/2012 :  15:20:47  Show Profile  Visit janhedger's Homepage  Send janhedger an AOL message Send janhedger a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Thanks for your intro and welcome! We are a great bunch of scribblers and we are glad you could join us!
Good to see Swindon too - spent an enjoyable 6 years living there! It is where my poetry grew!
Big Mac really does have an influence Lol
Jan

We cannot stop, because if a single one of these men were taken and shot, that would be our fault - Edith Cavell
http://www.janscreativewriting.co.uk/ -updated Aug 17 - with new poems/photo's - video interviews - see PowerPoint slide shows, audio files & my books.
Go to Top of Page

Peter Southern
Administrator

United Kingdom

1799 Posts

Posted - 10/02/2012 :  18:30:27  Show Profile  Visit Peter Southern's Homepage Send Peter Southern a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Hi Chris welcome to the family

http://a-moment-in-time.weebly.com

Life is not measured by the number of breaths we take, but by the moments that take our breath away
Go to Top of Page

taffy

Oswestry Shropshire.
United Kingdom

2073 Posts

Posted - 11/02/2012 :  15:56:52  Show Profile  Visit taffy's Homepage Send taffy a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Hello and welcome to the site, and as i always say when the muse strikes we would love to hear it. taffy
Go to Top of Page

Mac
Administrator

United Kingdom

1626 Posts

Posted - 12/02/2012 :  07:56:56  Show Profile  Visit Mac's Homepage Send Mac a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Greetings Chris and welcome on board mucker. Forgive my late response to your message but I am drowned by the work I do not wish to do, at the cost of the work I yearn to do.

Enjoy the site and as always if you are able to spread the word to organisations or individuals we welcome all. I am hoping to encourage members of the Emergency Services to dip their toes in these pools of words as I truly believe that at times and to some they are life giving. Catch up soon.

Dream, Hope, Believe, Do
Go to Top of Page

bobbie

United Kingdom

225 Posts

Posted - 12/02/2012 :  09:46:29  Show Profile  Visit bobbie's Homepage Send bobbie a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Welcome, Chris to this site I am sure you will get alll you need here.
Go to Top of Page

Chris4267

Swindon
United Kingdom

2 Posts

Posted - 13/02/2012 :  17:39:00  Show Profile Send Chris4267 a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Hi Folks, thanks for the warm welcome.

I am in France this week researching some facts about long lost family in WW1. I have been to Ypres, Cambrai and the Somme. I have certainly learnt so much more about WW1. For those who have never been here, Wow, it is without doubt a truelly humbling experience.

I have met so many people doing the same as me (Investigative work into my family's past) and heard so many inspirational stories too.

I visited a site today (Beaumont Hummel) the site of a massive battle involving the New foundland Regiment, The Brits and the Germans (1 July 1916). The site is pretty much preserved as it was then (Trenches, shell holes etc) and the guide (Provided by the Canadian Gov) was exceptional. This was a real eye opener indeed.

Anyway, i would recommend this trip to anyone with the slightest interest in WW1. Inspirational and very very moving.

Regards

Chris
Go to Top of Page

Peter Southern
Administrator

United Kingdom

1799 Posts

Posted - 13/02/2012 :  21:46:09  Show Profile  Visit Peter Southern's Homepage Send Peter Southern a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Hi Chris have been on several WW1 guided tours, found them all very moving. Have yet to do The Poets of WW1, maybe next year when much fitter.

http://a-moment-in-time.weebly.com

Life is not measured by the number of breaths we take, but by the moments that take our breath away
Go to Top of Page

Tor49

Kettering
United Kingdom

4 Posts

Posted - 20/02/2012 :  02:56:15  Show Profile Send Tor49 a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Welcome to the site chris :)
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Flows Forum for Poems and Stories © 2005-2011 FlowForAll.org Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000