header image 2  
Flows Forum for Poems and Stories
FLOW | Forces Poetry | Forces Stories | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:

Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Welcome to Flows Forum
 Welcome and Please Say Hello
 Greetings
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

SapperG

United Kingdom

523 Posts

Posted - 10/02/2012 :  22:23:28  Show Profile Send SapperG a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Hello All,
A belated greeting as I have already posted a few poems to the site over this past week.
I must begin by saying what a friendly bunch you seem to be, I have read about your “get together” last September and it seemed a great time was had by all.
You may have noticed from my ‘Tag’ that I was a member of the ‘Royal Engineers’.
I am now a war pensioner as a result of injuries sustained but I am managing OK
I am a Father of Three and Grandfather of Four, my interests are Art, Reading, Theatre and Writing Poetry, which I used initially as help in recovery. I now write for the sheer enjoyment of sharing thoughts with like minded souls. I look forward to perusing the back catalogue of poems, some of which I have already enjoyed immensely. I wish you all many happy days ahead, God Bless, Richard

bobbie

United Kingdom

225 Posts

Posted - 11/02/2012 :  10:15:01  Show Profile  Visit bobbie's Homepage Send bobbie a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Welcome to FP. I am looking forward to seeing more of your work.

Bobbie
Go to Top of Page

janhedger
Administrator

United Kingdom

4230 Posts

Posted - 11/02/2012 :  13:40:01  Show Profile  Visit janhedger's Homepage  Send janhedger an AOL message Send janhedger a Private Message  Reply with Quote
We have already 'spoken' but an official welcome from me!
We not only share poetry but hobbies too it seems!
Maybe we will meet at the next get together!?
Look forward to more chat and poems!
Jan

We cannot stop, because if a single one of these men were taken and shot, that would be our fault - Edith Cavell
http://www.janscreativewriting.co.uk/ -updated Aug 17 - with new poems/photo's - video interviews - see PowerPoint slide shows, audio files & my books.

Edited by - janhedger on 11/02/2012 13:40:33
Go to Top of Page

SapperG

United Kingdom

523 Posts

Posted - 11/02/2012 :  15:13:41  Show Profile Send SapperG a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Hello Bobbie, Thank you for the welcome, I did enjoy your poem "If Only" and the message within your words. God Bless, Richard
Go to Top of Page

SapperG

United Kingdom

523 Posts

Posted - 11/02/2012 :  15:23:05  Show Profile Send SapperG a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Hello Jan,
Our friend Peter was kind enough to repost my "Dream Walker" poem in its entirety, thank you for your advice with that. Pleased to see we have common interests and I also have an interest in the 'Animal Kingdom', so much to talk about if you are indeed arranging another get together.
God Bless Jan, Richard
Go to Top of Page

taffy

Oswestry Shropshire.
United Kingdom

2073 Posts

Posted - 11/02/2012 :  15:54:11  Show Profile  Visit taffy's Homepage Send taffy a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Hello and welcome, i appologise for delays in posting, due to health and old age problems, nut am trying to and enjoying catching up with the gresat postings on site, More soon. taffy
Go to Top of Page

SapperG

United Kingdom

523 Posts

Posted - 11/02/2012 :  17:38:21  Show Profile Send SapperG a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Hello Taffy,
No need of apology, health always takes priority. I am aware of the fine age you have achieved and I wish you many more happy days ahead. Stay well Taffy
God Bless
Richard
Go to Top of Page

Mac
Administrator

United Kingdom

1631 Posts

Posted - 12/02/2012 :  08:01:58  Show Profile  Visit Mac's Homepage Send Mac a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Greetings and welcome Richard. I am delighted you have joined our group of wordsmiths and very glad you have already enjoyed the poems and stories which adorn our halls. I am so happy to see you write that writing poetry helped you in recovery; this is exactly the fact I have tried to spread to so many organisations but sadly I don't seem to be finding the right people....

Relax and enjoy the sites and we look forward to more poems from you.

Dream, Hope, Believe, Do
Go to Top of Page

SapperG

United Kingdom

523 Posts

Posted - 12/02/2012 :  08:27:12  Show Profile Send SapperG a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Hello Mac,
Thank you for your welcome to the site. There is no doubt that writing has helped me enormously with recovery. Until I put pen to paper, I was unable to explain even to my Family or Friends, that I was hurting inside. It has once again let some light shine on my life following years of living in some sort of parallel existence. I join you in encouraging the use of this "tool" we all possess.
God Bless Mac, Richard
Go to Top of Page

bobbie

United Kingdom

225 Posts

Posted - 12/02/2012 :  09:45:17  Show Profile  Visit bobbie's Homepage Send bobbie a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Thank you for those kind words. The best thing about this site is that we are (to mis-quote Shakespeare) We are a band of brothers on this site and all understand.
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Flows Forum for Poems and Stories © 2005-2011 FlowForAll.org Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000