header image 2  
Flows Forum for Poems and Stories
FLOW | Forces Poetry | Forces Stories | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:

Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 The Coffee Shop
 Chat over a coffee
 away for sad reasons
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Krazus

North Lincs
United Kingdom

372 Posts

Posted - 28/06/2012 :  22:51:47  Show Profile Send Krazus a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Sorry I havenít been online for a while. My Mum died last Thursday morning at 5am. Myself and my brothers, went over to France to be with my dad, and to help him.
Mum was cremated on Monday, and her ashes were scattered at the remembrance garden at the church in Rainfray, Manche France.

if your looking at the stars, you will miss the manholes

pops

Birmingham, Alabama
USA

576 Posts

Posted - 29/06/2012 :  03:43:24  Show Profile  Visit pops's Homepage Send pops a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Hi Krazus;

Sorry to hear of your loss, hope your dad is doing well after his loss as well, I know he will miss her dearly, as well as you and your brothers.

If you feel the need to take time away from the forum I'm sure everyone will understand as I do and look foward to your return.

Just remember this, not all people grieve the same ( some now, some latter, some never, some go to what many think is extreme, some very little ( when my wife's mother passed she was cremated, and her ashes were carried to where she was born and placed in the ground next to her sister ( many miles from where we live, so my wife put a marker in our back yard and puts flowers on it on special ocassions))

HAVE A GREAT DAY

POPS
Go to Top of Page

Peter Southern
Administrator

United Kingdom

1799 Posts

Posted - 29/06/2012 :  10:14:01  Show Profile  Visit Peter Southern's Homepage Send Peter Southern a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Hi Chris sorry for your loss. Thinking of you
Peter

http://a-moment-in-time.weebly.com

Life is not measured by the number of breaths we take, but by the moments that take our breath away
Go to Top of Page

janhedger
Administrator

United Kingdom

4230 Posts

Posted - 29/06/2012 :  15:12:01  Show Profile  Visit janhedger's Homepage  Send janhedger an AOL message Send janhedger a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Hi Chris, Thinking of you at this sad time for you and your family - love and blessings,
Jan

We cannot stop, because if a single one of these men were taken and shot, that would be our fault - Edith Cavell
http://www.janscreativewriting.co.uk/ -updated Aug 17 - with new poems/photo's - video interviews - see PowerPoint slide shows, audio files & my books.
Go to Top of Page

taffy

Oswestry Shropshire.
United Kingdom

2073 Posts

Posted - 30/06/2012 :  11:04:15  Show Profile  Visit taffy's Homepage Send taffy a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Hello Chris, Sorry to hear of your sad news we all mourn in our different ways, remember also and raise the praising of her living. taffy
Go to Top of Page

Krazus

North Lincs
United Kingdom

372 Posts

Posted - 02/07/2012 :  00:06:14  Show Profile Send Krazus a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Hi folks, thank you so much for your kind words.
As you can imagine, it is a shock, and i am totally lost. I find myself emotionally detached and numb. It was a difficult time over in france, with much to do in a short time. After arriving on the Friday morning, by sat morning, the cremation, service and scattering of the ashes the following day were all arranged and all friends and family in my mums address book had been called.
The funeral was the following Monday afternoon in france. The crematorium was almost 2 hours from my folks home, so we had to co ordinate with the few from the uk that could make it at such short notice, and make sure everyone could get there and back and catch flights and ferries the very next afternoon after the scattering of the ashes.
To say my head is still swirling from all the detail is an understatement, and as well as all that, i wrote and spoke the Eulogy, probably one of the hardest tasks i have ever performed.

So thank you all for your support.

cheers

Chris

Edited by - Krazus on 04/07/2012 15:52:43
Go to Top of Page

janhedger
Administrator

United Kingdom

4230 Posts

Posted - 02/07/2012 :  20:21:08  Show Profile  Visit janhedger's Homepage  Send janhedger an AOL message Send janhedger a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Dear Chris,
I have always said that 'there is no time to grieve' with the wave of logistics and organisation that follows the death of a loved one and the changes it can bring into ones life. Give yourself time and space Chris and don't be ashamed to do so - the release will come and the good memories will remain the strongest.

Yours was all the more compounded by being in a different country and must have felt lonely and been less comfortable. even with the support you will have received.

Take heart, that you spoke for your Mom - she would have been proud of her son. It is those words that matter above all else.

It is what I did for my mom and for her my head swam for months - till an unrealted incident released the tears.

Love

Jan

We cannot stop, because if a single one of these men were taken and shot, that would be our fault - Edith Cavell
http://www.janscreativewriting.co.uk/ -updated Aug 17 - with new poems/photo's - video interviews - see PowerPoint slide shows, audio files & my books.
Go to Top of Page

SapperG

United Kingdom

523 Posts

Posted - 20/07/2012 :  19:33:08  Show Profile Send SapperG a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Hello Chris,
I send my belated condolences for the sad loss of your dear Mother. It seems you had many obstacles to overcome in relation to arrangements in France, at the same time taking care of your own heart and that of your Father's. As our friends have intimated, time to grieve is required. My thoughts and Prayers are with you this day.
God Bless, Richard
Go to Top of Page

Chris Green

Newark-upon-Trent
United Kingdom

2301 Posts

Posted - 16/09/2012 :  16:09:40  Show Profile  Visit Chris Green's Homepage Send Chris Green a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Belated condolences from Nell and I, Chris.

The pain never goes but you do come to terms with it and writing is a bit of help as is keeping memory pieces and photos.

Regards,
Chris Green
frankgreen2@virginmedia.com
http://chrisgreen.weebly.com/

Service before self

'A Poppy in My Buttonhole' available now SEE:
http://www.rossendalebooks.co.uk/
http://www.lulu.com/content/2791550

My next book will be "The Crcodile Chronicles" and is projected to be launched 2015 or a quarter past eight in time for Christmas.
Go to Top of Page

Krazus

North Lincs
United Kingdom

372 Posts

Posted - 09/05/2017 :  14:59:53  Show Profile Send Krazus a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Hi Folks,

sorry it has been such a long time. I even had to reset my password.

Its coming up to five years since my mum passed and I have not been able to write a single poem since. its like the muse has left me empty and hollow inside.

Life as they say grinds on and lots of things have happened since, but I have been reluctant to show myself here again and I am not sure why.

But today I felt I should at least pop back and say help to the people here that have been so supportive.

hi everyone, I hope all is well with you

Chris

Go to Top of Page

janhedger
Administrator

United Kingdom

4230 Posts

Posted - 09/05/2017 :  15:37:24  Show Profile  Visit janhedger's Homepage  Send janhedger an AOL message Send janhedger a Private Message  Reply with Quote
We understand people 'have to step away sometimes' - thank you for your update and it is good to see you posting again. My own Muse has been through a lean patch - for various reasons - now I feel it was telling me - it is okay and not to woory about it so. Low and behold I have recently been writing agin - not so prolific but hopefully more polished.

Jan

Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Flows Forum for Poems and Stories © 2005-2011 FlowForAll.org Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000