header image 2  
Flows Forum for Poems and Stories
FLOW | Forces Poetry | Forces Stories | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:

Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Dedicated to those we have lost
 Shot at Dawn (SAD)
 Interest in SAD Campaign from author
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Mac
Administrator

United Kingdom

1626 Posts

Posted - 13/02/2014 :  08:33:15  Show Profile  Visit Mac's Homepage Send Mac a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Hi all,

Taffy, this should be of particular interest to you.

I have been contacted by a writer and below is his email

Dear Mac Macdonald

Further to my telephone call, I am looking for someone to contribute a foreword, of no more than 1000 words, for a book that I am writing on the above subject. It is not my intention to go over the well researched ground of those executed, their offences and the courts martial proceedings but instead to look at how the executions were organised and the various roles involved.

The book will be published by the History Press either later this year or in early 2015, and will follow on from my biography of Private Henry Tandey VC, DCM, MM who was the most decorated soldier to survive WW1. This was published as a hardback by the History Press in late 2012 and the paperback version has just come out. The foreword to this book was contributed by General the Lord Dannatt.

I would be delighted to include a foreword from yourself or from someone who was involved in the Shot At Dawn campaign, and also would be interested in an information, or advice that they could contribute.

Any help that you can contribute will be greatly appreciated.

Yours Sincerely

(Dr) David Johnson

If you are able to assist David in his quest please feel free to contact him at his email which is davejohnson1212@hotmail.co.uk

Thank you all very much.

Regards

Mac

Dream, Hope, Believe, Do
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Flows Forum for Poems and Stories © 2005-2011 FlowForAll.org Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000