header image 2  
Flows Forum for Poems and Stories
FLOW | Forces Poetry | Forces Stories | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:

Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Forthcoming Events
 Forthcoming Events
 Edmund Blunden Exhibition Eastbourne June 2014
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Michaelbully1

Hove
United Kingdom

43 Posts

Posted - 10/05/2014 :  20:27:43  Show Profile Send Michaelbully1 a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Pleased to announce this :
Edmund Blunden 'Undertones of War' exhibition at Eastbourne Redoubt :
Saturday 14th June 2014 -16th November 2014
"In commemoration of the outbreak of World War I, the Redoubt will explore the WWI poet Edmund Blunden in this fascinating exhibition.
This famous poet was a member of the Royal Sussex Regiment, whose collection can be found in the Redoubt's military museum.
The exhibition explores his work using material which until now has rarely been on public view.
The exhibition is housed within the Redoubt's military museum which also boasts a fascinating array of World War I exhibits, including rare WWI trench art.
For further details see www.eastbournemuseums.co.uk"
http://www.eastbournemuseums.co.uk/thedms.aspx?dms=3&venue=3410803&feature=1006

janhedger
Administrator

United Kingdom

4216 Posts

Posted - 15/05/2014 :  23:25:53  Show Profile  Visit janhedger's Homepage  Send janhedger an AOL message Send janhedger a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Would have been able to go if I still lived down there! Sounds great
Jan

We cannot stop, because if a single one of these men were taken and shot, that would be our fault - Edith Cavell
http://www.janscreativewriting.co.uk/ -updated Aug 17 - with new poems/photo's - video interviews - see PowerPoint slide shows, audio files & my books.
Go to Top of Page

Michaelbully1

Hove
United Kingdom

43 Posts

Posted - 20/07/2014 :  21:02:18  Show Profile Send Michaelbully1 a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Went to the Edmund Blunden exhibition yesterday- it is small, effectively one exhibition room and a smaller darkened room projecting images of the Western Front with four of Blunden's poems being read out. He is considered to have been the longest serving of more famous 'war poets'. I am always startled by how young Blunden was when serving, he volunteered in 1915 at the age of 18, and was at the Front at 19.

The exhibition seems to be slowly attracting some attention and hopefully this will encourage more focus on his poetry and prose. The website maintained by his family have featured an interesting article by Eastbourne's heritage officer.

http://www.edmundblunden.org/newsevent.php?newseventid=1171
Go to Top of Page

Michaelbully1

Hove
United Kingdom

43 Posts

Posted - 20/07/2014 :  21:09:27  Show Profile Send Michaelbully1 a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Was just going to mention Jan - Edmund Blunden was influenced by John Clare and is credited with helping to revive interest in his work in the 20th century.
Go to Top of Page

janhedger
Administrator

United Kingdom

4216 Posts

Posted - 22/07/2014 :  22:01:49  Show Profile  Visit janhedger's Homepage  Send janhedger an AOL message Send janhedger a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Thanks for that and report back - feedback on events always of an interest here.
W0W - John Clare is in my top 5 poets - so of special interest to me - thanks
Jan

We cannot stop, because if a single one of these men were taken and shot, that would be our fault - Edith Cavell
http://www.janscreativewriting.co.uk/ -updated Aug 17 - with new poems/photo's - video interviews - see PowerPoint slide shows, audio files & my books.
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Flows Forum for Poems and Stories © 2005-2011 FlowForAll.org Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000