header image 2  
Flows Forum for Poems and Stories
FLOW | Forces Poetry | Forces Stories | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:

Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Welcome to Flows Forum
 Welcome and Please Say Hello
 hi
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

ghostigator

United Kingdom

20 Posts

Posted - 09/11/2014 :  20:01:02  Show Profile Send ghostigator a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Hi
I'm sue and currently live in Norfolk.
I served in the Royal Navy and did three tours of Bosnia, one on the ground.
I came across this forum because of a poem I wrote called Poppies.
I posted it on Facebook in a group called Wrens and the ladies said I should send it to the RBL, who then directed me this way..
Here I am!
I work in a pet store and am a qualified reptile expert for them.
when I'm not working I enjoy getting involved with nature and have a real passion for photography.infact tomorrow I am off looking for a whale.
enough of me...

To err is to be human

Sland

United Kingdom

343 Posts

Posted - 09/11/2014 :  22:58:59  Show Profile Send Sland a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Hi Sue, welcome home :)

Rgds,
Mike
Go to Top of Page

Peter Southern
Administrator

United Kingdom

1799 Posts

Posted - 10/11/2014 :  08:23:18  Show Profile  Visit Peter Southern's Homepage Send Peter Southern a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Hi Sue welcome to the family.
Peter

http://a-moment-in-time.weebly.com

Life is not measured by the number of breaths we take, but by the moments that take our breath away
Go to Top of Page

janhedger
Administrator

United Kingdom

4230 Posts

Posted - 10/11/2014 :  12:03:51  Show Profile  Visit janhedger's Homepage  Send janhedger an AOL message Send janhedger a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Huge welcome! A fellow lover of Nature to boot! Please pop into Coffee shop - good place to chat!
Hope you found your whale...
Here is one of my series of Haiku nature poems...

Whales - Haiku’s

Steaming in a pod
Blowing out plumes of water
Generating heat.

……

Whale sings sweet and clear
In harmony with its world
Blue as the ocean.

……

Bull whale leads them in
Circling in planned entrapment
A vulnerable seal.

Jan

We cannot stop, because if a single one of these men were taken and shot, that would be our fault - Edith Cavell
http://www.janscreativewriting.co.uk/ -updated Aug 17 - with new poems/photo's - video interviews - see PowerPoint slide shows, audio files & my books.
Go to Top of Page

ghostigator

United Kingdom

20 Posts

Posted - 10/11/2014 :  16:15:16  Show Profile Send ghostigator a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Thanks guys for a lovely warm welcome xx

To err is to be human
Go to Top of Page

taffy

Oswestry Shropshire.
United Kingdom

2073 Posts

Posted - 13/11/2014 :  10:52:53  Show Profile  Visit taffy's Homepage Send taffy a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Hell Sue, and welcome , another nature lover, looking for a whale, makes my tickling trout in welsh streams very small beer indeed. Good luck. taffy.
Go to Top of Page

ghostigator

United Kingdom

20 Posts

Posted - 13/11/2014 :  22:59:19  Show Profile Send ghostigator a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Haha thanks Taffy, ticking trout off is good too.. Jan I love your Haiku thank you.
Sadly I didn't find my whale, however, I did find a VERY rare Desert Wheatear bird at Gorelston today and was very lucky to have a few minutes just me and her before a huge pile of photographers turned up. I strangely felt like I really connected with her, she gave me fantastic photos

To err is to be human
Go to Top of Page

Peter Southern
Administrator

United Kingdom

1799 Posts

Posted - 14/11/2014 :  09:26:42  Show Profile  Visit Peter Southern's Homepage Send Peter Southern a Private Message  Reply with Quote
That moment in time again, so wonderful. I love photographing nature as well. The connection through the lens.
Peter

http://a-moment-in-time.weebly.com

Life is not measured by the number of breaths we take, but by the moments that take our breath away
Go to Top of Page

ghostigator

United Kingdom

20 Posts

Posted - 14/11/2014 :  09:39:59  Show Profile Send ghostigator a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Thanks Peter, a moment of serenity in a tumultuous day

To err is to be human
Go to Top of Page

janhedger
Administrator

United Kingdom

4230 Posts

Posted - 14/11/2014 :  19:36:33  Show Profile  Visit janhedger's Homepage  Send janhedger an AOL message Send janhedger a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Well done on your very own 'personal twitcher moment!'

It is one common thread in this group - the what seems the opposite of conflict to the love of nature - but often not so far apart at all - a lot of WW1 poets wrote of the nature of 'Entrewnched Flanders'

The English soldier in the BBC programme 'Passing Bells' watched and drew birds - I was pleased they picked up on that side of things - a lot more to war than guns.

Jan

We cannot stop, because if a single one of these men were taken and shot, that would be our fault - Edith Cavell
http://www.janscreativewriting.co.uk/ -updated Aug 17 - with new poems/photo's - video interviews - see PowerPoint slide shows, audio files & my books.
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Flows Forum for Poems and Stories © 2005-2011 FlowForAll.org Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000