header image 2  
Flows Forum for Poems and Stories
FLOW | Forces Poetry | Forces Stories | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:

Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Dedicated to those we have lost
 We will remember them
 A Truly Wonderful Young Lady
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Jan

United Kingdom

50 Posts

Posted - 25/10/2007 :  16:34:12  Show Profile Send Jan a Private Message  Reply with Quote
To my new friends, I would like to share with you a tribute to a truly wonderful young lady, Amanda Rapley-Redfern. Amanda died in April this year, at the tender age of 21. Amanda had complex epilepsy (since a serious childhood illness) which she bore with bravery and fortitude. I came to know her at Swindon College, supporting her, as a medical support worker, for one of the best two and a half years of my life. Sometimes I wondered who was suuporting who, such was Amanda's compassion for others. We were a 'team'. Amanda 'grew' both as an artist and as a person in those two and a half years and I was so proud when she achieved her dream of going to University. Amanda was so naturally talented, with great insight into her art. Always aware of the suffering of others past and present, she painted for them. Her final college piece hangs in her local church, whom she donated it to. A few weeks before she died, she had some of her work exhibited, arranged by myself, she was so happy and her work recieved high praise. To me she was 'my best friend' and her belief in me helped my poetry grow and flourish. I owe her a debt I can only repay by continuing to write and one day 'have that book published'- I know that now - all summer I have struggled to write, just wasn't their. Reading some of the work of 'forces poetry' is helping me to heal, thank you. Amanda and I had such fun, laughing lots, so many memories, we wasn't always studious! She would have loved the variety of work on the site, the humour, the poignancy. She would have 'understood'. I wrote poems about her and for her when she died, some of which I included in my last submission, you'll know the ones.
To her family Amanda was the best daughter, the best sister, niece and grandaughter and her mother, when asked said 'yes please write about Amanda' I have a few words Amanda wrote herself, her bit of poetry and I would very much appreciate if they could be put on the site (I have her mothers permission) I will e mail them through and if at all possible could they go on November 1st, her bithday, she would have been 22. Amanda gave so much and her inspiration remains.
Jan Hedger

Poetry is like a river, let it flow

taffy

Oswestry Shropshire.
United Kingdom

2073 Posts

Posted - 25/10/2007 :  18:49:40  Show Profile  Visit taffy's Homepage Send taffy a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Hello, It is always a pleasure to read of people like your friend, adversity so often brings out so much talent , coupled with empathy, which so many of us lack in this life.Taffy.
Go to Top of Page

Jan

United Kingdom

50 Posts

Posted - 25/10/2007 :  23:47:53  Show Profile Send Jan a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Thank you Taffy , your words show empathy and truth. It was also for so many young lives lost.....
Jan

Go to Top of Page

Mac
Administrator

United Kingdom

1631 Posts

Posted - 27/10/2007 :  19:07:55  Show Profile  Visit Mac's Homepage Send Mac a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Dear Jan, thank you for sharing your feelings with us all here and I feel I am able to thank Amanda too as I believe that she'll be looking down here and reading your lovely comments too.

Please send through the poem/s you wish added and can I just confirm that you want them added on the 1st of Nov and not before, almost as a birthday present? If so let us know and we'll sort something out. I am away al next week and can't garentee internet access but Tom may be able to help.

Just let us know exactly what you want and we'll sort it out with pleasure.

Dream, Hope, Believe, Do
Go to Top of Page

Tom Mcgreevy
Administrator

Ex-English Army ( Ex-pat Geordie ), Berkshire
United Kingdom

4098 Posts

Posted - 27/10/2007 :  23:03:02  Show Profile  Visit Tom Mcgreevy's Homepage Send Tom Mcgreevy a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Hi Jan...re: Amanda's poems... Just send them in as normal, and I'll personaly make sure I put them on after midnight on 31st October/1st november.. if that's ok with you ( or do you want them put on later in the morning ? )
I won't let you down Mac
All the very best to you Jan...and I think it's a lovely thing you're doing for Amanda.
People come to me in my dreams, and I know she'll be reading her published poem with great joy

tom@forcespoetry.co.uk

http://im-a-soldier-get-me-out-of-here.weebly.com

Go to Top of Page

Jan

United Kingdom

50 Posts

Posted - 27/10/2007 :  23:16:02  Show Profile Send Jan a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Hi Mac,
I did submit the poems, hope they were recieved okay, if not I will happily send them again. To be put on site Nov 1st would be great but I am happy for them to go on before, if it easier. Amanda was never a stickler for deadlines anyway!! Thanks for the support and ps; Amanda would have happily shared a chat over a pint with an 'old soldier'. She always had time for anecdotes and stories! Most of all she had respect for folk, whatever their age. Have a good and safe trip.
Love Jan

Go to Top of Page

Tom Mcgreevy
Administrator

United Kingdom

4098 Posts

Posted - 27/10/2007 :  23:26:44  Show Profile  Visit Tom Mcgreevy's Homepage Send Tom Mcgreevy a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Hi Jan...Just looked in poems submitted, but no poem there ! We have your request to publish poem, but on opening document, all there is , is a copy of the message you put on the forum ( the one starting " To my new friends ! "
Can you resend poem to same place
poems@forcespoetry.co.uk
Thanks Jan
tom@forcespoetry.co.uk

Go to Top of Page

Jan

United Kingdom

50 Posts

Posted - 27/10/2007 :  23:53:44  Show Profile Send Jan a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Tom, thanks for your help. I have re-submitted the correct file with poems. Her Mom expresses her thanks to all. Yes, I have no doubt she will watching and reading, with a wry smile!
Cheers, Jan

Go to Top of Page

Tom Mcgreevy
Administrator

United Kingdom

4098 Posts

Posted - 28/10/2007 :  04:11:34  Show Profile  Visit Tom Mcgreevy's Homepage Send Tom Mcgreevy a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Hi again Jan
Now have all the poems from Amanda. I will put all on, on 1st November as you want.
Do you want them all as different poems, or do you think it best to run them one after the other, under " AMANDA'S POEMS "
many thanks, and regards
Tom
tom@forcespoetry.co.uk

Go to Top of Page

Annie
Administrator

United Kingdom

1040 Posts

Posted - 28/10/2007 :  09:16:16  Show Profile  Visit Annie's Homepage Send Annie a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Tom, many thanks for ensuring this goes smoothly. The one thing I think ex forces have is an incurable passion for doing things just right and more so on occasions such as this.
Thanks Jan and please pass on our thanks to Amandas family for giving their permission to publish her poems. I hope it brings them comfort.

Annie x - Poetry is always in motion
Go to Top of Page

Jan

United Kingdom

50 Posts

Posted - 28/10/2007 :  18:18:53  Show Profile Send Jan a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Your help and support from all is heartwarming. Yes I think it would be good to run them as 'AMANDA'S POEMS'Oct 31st/Nov 1st or later in the day whatever is the most convenient, thank you.
Annie I will pass all the forums kind comments on to Amanda's mom.
This isn't just for Amanda , but for all the brave young people of our world, who battle in the face of adversity.
Cheers Jan

Go to Top of Page

davi.kill

Gainsborough Lincs
United Kingdom

264 Posts

Posted - 10/11/2011 :  23:08:19  Show Profile Send davi.kill a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Jan Sorry to hear of Amanda,s Passing and your distress, we share your pain. Some words for you below. Dave

She is with you

She is with you on your waking; she is with you all the time
She is with you, you who loved her and wants you to be fine

She is with you every moment and knows that you are sad
She is with you, hears your tears fall, which makes you feel so bad

She is with you in your sorrow and knows how much you care
She is with you right behind you, but you can’t believe she’s there.

She is with you in your heart dear as you know she’s always been
She is with you, just like always but she just cannot be seen.

She is with you and she cries so as you stand beside her Grave
She is with you more than ever your broken heart to save.

She is with you with your crying and knows how much you care
She is with you, all the time dear and wishes she was there.

She is with you in this struggle, in a world that isn’t fair
She is with you; yes she’s with you, just like you were for her.

David Killelay
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Flows Forum for Poems and Stories © 2005-2011 FlowForAll.org Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000