header image 2  
Flows Forum for Poems and Stories
FLOW | Forces Poetry | Forces Stories | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:

Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 News
 Our News
 Mac's Birthday
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

shrubshall

United Kingdom

156 Posts

Posted - 25/02/2016 :  17:19:44  Show Profile  Visit shrubshall's Homepage Send shrubshall a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Macís birthday

Now Macís a man of many Hats
And coats and trousers too
The sort of chap youíre pleased to meet
A friend thatís good and true
He goes at times to many extremes
To help folk where he can
An exemplary example
Of a well trained Military Man
He even opened a Website
For other poets such as he
Where they could display the words they wrote
And perhaps help a given Charity
But sadly I know heís constantly stalked
By a Taxi driver whilst on the way to church
And Iím hoping today that his mates rally round
As itís his Birthday so donít leave him in the lurch
Gently take him by the hand
Lead him to a hostelry nearby
To sup a glass of Guinness or three
With resolution I know heíll try

Dennis Shrubshall 25th February 2016

sherlock
Administrator

nottingham
United Kingdom

367 Posts

Posted - 25/02/2016 :  20:34:45  Show Profile Send sherlock a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Happy birthday Mac and man more of them. Don
Go to Top of Page

SapperG

United Kingdom

523 Posts

Posted - 26/02/2016 :  13:21:36  Show Profile Send SapperG a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Hello Dennis, fine words for a fine fellow; thank you for the timely reminder regarding Mac's special day. I echo your words and extend a hearty Birthday greeting to our good friend.
God Bless, Richard
Go to Top of Page

Mac
Administrator

United Kingdom

1631 Posts

Posted - 29/02/2016 :  12:03:35  Show Profile  Visit Mac's Homepage Send Mac a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Lovely sentiments for sure and thank you all. I do need to point out however that my birthday is 15 Sep but happy to have a few through the year lol

Dream, Hope, Believe, Do
Go to Top of Page

SapperG

United Kingdom

523 Posts

Posted - 29/02/2016 :  12:09:27  Show Profile Send SapperG a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Hello Mac,
I am like a lamb to the slaughter; no doubt our friend Dennis will be chuckling away at my sheep like tendency to trust and follow blindly (the sign of a good soldier).:)
I'll get him back Baa....aa!
God Bless,
Richard
Go to Top of Page

Mac
Administrator

United Kingdom

1631 Posts

Posted - 29/02/2016 :  14:10:58  Show Profile  Visit Mac's Homepage Send Mac a Private Message  Reply with Quote
haha very good Richard, I am sure Shrubby has seen some Facebook or some such announcement saying it was my birthday. But like I said, I could do with a few birthdays dotted throughout the year, as long as the years don't go up quite as fast

Dream, Hope, Believe, Do
Go to Top of Page

shrubshall

United Kingdom

156 Posts

Posted - 02/03/2016 :  08:13:40  Show Profile  Visit shrubshall's Homepage Send shrubshall a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Only believe half what you read and half what you see will be my motto from now on or keep a diary perhaps. Apologies to Mac but on the bright side it did get the site a little reading time
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Flows Forum for Poems and Stories © 2005-2011 FlowForAll.org Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000