header image 2  
Flows Forum for Poems and Stories
FLOW | Forces Poetry | Forces Stories | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:

Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 News
 Our News
 The passing of Taffy
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Mac
Administrator

United Kingdom

1631 Posts

Posted - 18/03/2016 :  11:39:22  Show Profile  Visit Mac's Homepage Send Mac a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Dear all, I am so very sorry to pass on the sad news that our beloved Taffy, David, has left us to go to a far better place and be with his lovely lady Gwen.

Jan kindly contacted me last night at the request of his family who had been with him all day. Being the considerate chap that he was, he waited to slip away until after they had gone. Jan has been a great friend to Taffy and I know you'll feel this loss closely Jan, so our thoughts and hugs are with you.

My initial reaction was a deep and painful loss, but then as I began to consider how he was, I know that he will be sat up there in his "Cup and Saucer Tree" with his lovely Gwen. If you have not read that poem, may I suggest you do (link below), it was a real tree which gave Taffy great comfort through his life, even after it was destroyed. I like to think during his last few days with us down here, that he was comforted yet again in the arms of that tree.

Taffy was a most wonderful man, a friend and a light which we should all try to emulate. He is one of the few great men I shall remember to my own dying day with love, respect and great fondness. I shall miss our chats, the giggles we would have and those stories... great times.

I know you will all wish Taffy's family every comfort at this time and our thoughts and prayers will be with Taffy and all of them too.

RIP Taffy and see you at the FRV mucker.

http://www.forcespoetry.com/poemdetails.asp?ID=729

Dream, Hope, Believe, Do

janhedger
Administrator

United Kingdom

4230 Posts

Posted - 18/03/2016 :  11:49:29  Show Profile  Visit janhedger's Homepage  Send janhedger an AOL message Send janhedger a Private Message  Reply with Quote
- This morning I saw the first new life Mummy Mallard with day old ducklings - I felt peace and joy in my sadness - a blessing surely from David himself xxx

We cannot stop, because if a single one of these men were taken and shot, that would be our fault - Edith Cavell
http://www.janscreativewriting.co.uk/ -updated Aug 17 - with new poems/photo's - video interviews - see PowerPoint slide shows, audio files & my books.
Go to Top of Page

janhedger
Administrator

United Kingdom

4230 Posts

Posted - 18/03/2016 :  22:42:53  Show Profile  Visit janhedger's Homepage  Send janhedger an AOL message Send janhedger a Private Message  Reply with Quote
This internet thing is a strange and wonderful thing. It has allowed me to "talk" to people I don't know and will probably never meet. The very idea that you can "know" someone via a webpage is not something I would have thought to be possible. But there are certain people who can somehow project their image and personality through this media. I believe Taffy was one such person. He was obviously loved and revered by those that did know him and his poetry reflects the thoughtful, humorous person he was. R.I.P. Taffy.

Posted in coffee shop by Sherlock

We cannot stop, because if a single one of these men were taken and shot, that would be our fault - Edith Cavell
http://www.janscreativewriting.co.uk/ -updated Aug 17 - with new poems/photo's - video interviews - see PowerPoint slide shows, audio files & my books.

Edited by - janhedger on 18/03/2016 22:43:48
Go to Top of Page

Peter Southern
Administrator

United Kingdom

1799 Posts

Posted - 19/03/2016 :  14:16:32  Show Profile  Visit Peter Southern's Homepage Send Peter Southern a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Farewell Sir,see you on parade one day.
Thank you for letting me share part of my life with you.
Peter

http://a-moment-in-time.weebly.com

Life is not measured by the number of breaths we take, but by the moments that take our breath away
Go to Top of Page

shrubshall

United Kingdom

156 Posts

Posted - 19/03/2016 :  22:21:57  Show Profile  Visit shrubshall's Homepage Send shrubshall a Private Message  Reply with Quote
It’s not really goodbye

The loss of a dear one is not easy
For anyone to comprehend
As it leaves a state of sadness
And a broken heart to mend
So don't be afraid let the tears flow free
For they will lighten your Soul
Emotions are something you cannot hide
And will help you to reach your goal
For everyone needs a time to grieve
Life goes on again with memories which we all keep
And we know those loved ones are ever with us
Even though we may sleep

Dennis Shrubshall 25th November 2012

Y Ddraig Goch Taffy R I P my friend
Go to Top of Page

SapperG

United Kingdom

523 Posts

Posted - 20/03/2016 :  11:02:16  Show Profile Send SapperG a Private Message  Reply with Quote
It was my great privilege to first meet ‘Taffy’ (in what seemed to be the most appropriate of surroundings) at Cardiff Castle.
A few members of ‘FLOW’ had gathered there (in the ‘Firing Line’ Museum of the Welsh Soldier) to give a reading of poetry to assembled guests.

Prior to the ‘reading’ I had immersed myself in the history of ‘Welsh Military’ which was proudly being displayed; amongst the many interesting items on show was a collection of VC’s (gallantly won at Rorke’s Drift during the Zulu wars).
It was then that I realised just what kind of stock our friend ‘Taffy’ had come from and during subsequent conversation I came to the conclusion that he too had been involved in a few ‘Rorke’s Drift’ episodes of his own.
Of all the poems heard on the day, none was more warmly received than the one written by ‘Our Taffy’ (kindly recited by dear Jan’s husband Nigel).

I have in my possession a treasured memento of the occasion, a photo of our friend standing proudly under the sculpture of ‘The Abandoned Soldier’ which had just been installed on that very day (as though they had been waiting for Taffy to make an appearance).

It was roughly this time last year that ‘Taffy’ was hospitalised and quite poorly, but being the trouper he is he put up a tremendous fight to regain his strength; it was during this ‘incarceration’ (which he called it) that I was able to meet up with him again.
I was accompanied on the visit by our Jan (who has been steadfast in her support) and her dear Sister Pauline; I have to relate that we never stopped laughing all day and much of that was due to Taffy’s in-built good humour and fighting spirit.

I would have loved to have spent more time in his very enjoyable company and be regaled by his stories of “Derring do’s and don’ts” but it is a Blessing (through FLOW) that we still have his poetry to enjoy.
I know FLOW was very dear to his heart and it is incumbent upon us all to engage and support each other in his memory; no more lasting tribute could we provide.

I offer my sincere condolences to all of Taffy’s Family and Friends.
May the Good Lord watch over him always.

Richard +
Go to Top of Page

janhedger
Administrator

United Kingdom

4230 Posts

Posted - 20/03/2016 :  14:12:53  Show Profile  Visit janhedger's Homepage  Send janhedger an AOL message Send janhedger a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Now having a wee cry - bless you Richard - Am smiling now xx

Beautiful poem Dennis - thank you

And bless our wee band of 'FLOW-ers' we are in the desert waiting for the rain to bring us all forth once again and be proud xx

Jan

Edited by - janhedger on 20/03/2016 23:49:06
Go to Top of Page

Mac
Administrator

United Kingdom

1631 Posts

Posted - 20/03/2016 :  21:59:07  Show Profile  Visit Mac's Homepage Send Mac a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Lovely words people, for a lovely man, well done all x

Dream, Hope, Believe, Do
Go to Top of Page

janhedger
Administrator

United Kingdom

4230 Posts

Posted - 29/03/2016 :  20:07:13  Show Profile  Visit janhedger's Homepage  Send janhedger an AOL message Send janhedger a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Our Taffy -(David's) funeral will be at Shrewsbury Crem on Sat 16th April at 11 am and afterwards at Ferrers Rd - Nige and I shall be going - to say goodbye for now...
Jan

Go to Top of Page

janhedger
Administrator

United Kingdom

4230 Posts

Posted - 18/04/2016 :  17:25:13  Show Profile  Visit janhedger's Homepage  Send janhedger an AOL message Send janhedger a Private Message  Reply with Quote
http://www.forcespoetry.com/poemdetails.asp?ID=5059 - this is a beautiful poem from Richard - for our dearly loved Taffy.

Mac and I attended the funeral and it truly was a lovely service - the vicar spoke with knowledge and compassion - of and for David - as if he were an old friend - It was very special.

Jan

Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Flows Forum for Poems and Stories © 2005-2011 FlowForAll.org Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000