header image 2  
Flows Forum for Poems and Stories
FLOW | Forces Poetry | Forces Stories | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:

Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Forthcoming Events
 Forthcoming Events
 Operation "Supermarket Saviours"
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Mac
Administrator

United Kingdom

1631 Posts

Posted - 27/05/2016 :  08:53:00  Show Profile  Visit Mac's Homepage Send Mac a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Greetings everyone,

I would like to explain about a project I have been working on for a very long time. It is now looking like we "may" be making some headway at long last but agreements are way off yet.

The plan is very simple. The idea is we find hundreds of volunteers in local areas around the whole of the UK and ask them to go to the supermarket of their choice on a specific date, to support us by standing and collecting for FLOW. I am working on the legalities at the moment. The theory is to include all the large supermarkets (Azda, Co-Op, Morrison's, Sainsbury's and Tesco's).

I hope to enlist you, your families and friends, schools, military cadets and army bases etc. I had very much hoped to make this happen for the Armed Forces Day (Sat 26 June), but that is slipping away due to the time it has taken to get things going.

In short that's the idea and I am looking to hear thoughts and ideas from you, your families and friends as to how we can make this really work and perhaps on an annual basis too.

We seriously need to get funding to help us get recognition and get our presence flow into the lives of the general public. Our main aim has always been to "Help those affected by war" and we need funds to do that properly. As selfish as it sounds, we need to replace the income of our volunteers, with the same (or ideally more), than their current income. That is the only way we can dedicate our time to FLOW and be able to live at our same standard of living etc.

Any ideas, thoughts or contacts you may know would be so gratefully received. If you know of any contacts who are knowledgeable about the legal issues around collecting cash as a "Charitable" organisation please let me know. We are not a registered charity (yet). If you need to pass on contact details and wish to do that privately, I am contactable on mac@flowforall.org or 01952274993.

Many thanks

Dream, Hope, Believe, Do

janhedger
Administrator

United Kingdom

4230 Posts

Posted - 28/05/2016 :  20:34:41  Show Profile  Visit janhedger's Homepage  Send janhedger an AOL message Send janhedger a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Thanks for sharing and update Mac - I will of course do what I can.

More later - have just got back from Hols - Ps stopped off on way home for a lovely visit to see some of Taffy's 'Welsh family'.

He was fondly remembered - a personal message to you - I will post on pm facebook

Love Jan xx

We cannot stop, because if a single one of these men were taken and shot, that would be our fault - Edith Cavell
http://www.janscreativewriting.co.uk/ -updated Aug 17 - with new poems/photo's - video interviews - see PowerPoint slide shows, audio files & my books.
Go to Top of Page

janhedger
Administrator

United Kingdom

4230 Posts

Posted - 29/05/2016 :  14:20:09  Show Profile  Visit janhedger's Homepage  Send janhedger an AOL message Send janhedger a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Praying for this to come to fruition! FLOW has a lot to offer if only we can be 'lifted of the ground' -

Jan

We cannot stop, because if a single one of these men were taken and shot, that would be our fault - Edith Cavell
http://www.janscreativewriting.co.uk/ -updated Aug 17 - with new poems/photo's - video interviews - see PowerPoint slide shows, audio files & my books.
Go to Top of Page

Mac
Administrator

United Kingdom

1631 Posts

Posted - 30/05/2016 :  12:09:51  Show Profile  Visit Mac's Homepage Send Mac a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Thanks Jan, fingers crossed...

Dream, Hope, Believe, Do
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Flows Forum for Poems and Stories © 2005-2011 FlowForAll.org Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000