header image 2  
Flows Forum for Poems and Stories
FLOW | Forces Poetry | Forces Stories | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:

Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Forthcoming Events
 Forthcoming Events
 Exciting Wilfred Owen Festival!
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

janhedger
Administrator

United Kingdom

4229 Posts

Posted - 21/08/2017 :  14:40:01  Show Profile  Visit janhedger's Homepage  Send janhedger an AOL message Send janhedger a Private Message  Reply with Quote
In November 2018 - Lights out Trefonen and Oswestry Council are holding an extended week long Wilfred Owen and Armistice Festival - in remembrance of the 100 years and with the unveiling of a newly commsioned full size bronze statue of Owen cast by a local sculptor.

I am on the planning committee for the festival - which will involve all the arts coming together - poetry at its heart - and several talks and high profile guests.

Of course this involves the backing of funding - the committee has already secured funding from The Military Covenant but to draw on this there needs to be a link back to serving personal, ex soldiers or cadets etc that needs to be done in October so not much time.

Is there anyway of a presence from yourselves - couple of representatives to do a reading or two - in honour of David Lewis? Our own Taffy who lived the last years of his lfe in Oswestry.

I would be grateful if you could give this request your consideration.

Thank you and regards

Jan Wilkins

We cannot stop, because if a single one of these men were taken and shot, that would be our fault - Edith Cavell
http://www.janscreativewriting.co.uk/ -updated Aug 17 - with new poems/photo's - video interviews - see PowerPoint slide shows, audio files & my books.

Mac
Administrator

United Kingdom

1631 Posts

Posted - 25/08/2017 :  11:33:15  Show Profile  Visit Mac's Homepage Send Mac a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Count me in Jan and I am waiting for people to get back to me Jan, I will nudge them on Tuesday x

Dream, Hope, Believe, Do
Go to Top of Page

janhedger
Administrator

United Kingdom

4229 Posts

Posted - 28/08/2017 :  23:18:19  Show Profile  Visit janhedger's Homepage  Send janhedger an AOL message Send janhedger a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Thanks Mac - gentle nudging I hope Lol xx

We cannot stop, because if a single one of these men were taken and shot, that would be our fault - Edith Cavell
http://www.janscreativewriting.co.uk/ -updated Aug 17 - with new poems/photo's - video interviews - see PowerPoint slide shows, audio files & my books.
Go to Top of Page

Rob Carson

carlisle
United Kingdom

250 Posts

Posted - 04/09/2017 :  10:07:50  Show Profile Send Rob Carson a Private Message  Reply with Quote
The Wilfred Own and Armistice Day Festival sounds like an interesting and worthwhile event. Hope all the hectic planning comes to fruition and that the hard work is rewarded with a memorable time for everyone taking part...
Go to Top of Page

janhedger
Administrator

United Kingdom

4229 Posts

Posted - 04/09/2017 :  15:47:27  Show Profile  Visit janhedger's Homepage  Send janhedger an AOL message Send janhedger a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Thanks so much Rob xx

Go to Top of Page

Mac
Administrator

United Kingdom

1631 Posts

Posted - 27/09/2017 :  06:46:25  Show Profile  Visit Mac's Homepage Send Mac a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Hi Jan, just a wee update. I have not heard back from, but to date no joy re the above. How is that aspect going? I have one more chap to chase down and will let you know.
Hope you don't have a fuzzy head from the celebrations of your 21st birthday

Dream, Hope, Believe, Do
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Flows Forum for Poems and Stories © 2005-2011 FlowForAll.org Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000