header image 2  
Flows Forum for Poems and Stories
FLOW | Forces Poetry | Forces Stories | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:

Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 News
 Our News
 Jan away pounding pavements in Londaon!
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author  Topic Next Topic  

janhedger
Administrator

United Kingdom

4229 Posts

Posted - 06/09/2017 :  13:17:32  Show Profile  Visit janhedger's Homepage  Send janhedger an AOL message Send janhedger a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Hi all - I shall be away as from tomorrow till Monday morning - heading off to London via my son's in Birmingham - to take part in the 25k Thames Bridge Walk - from Putney to Soutwrk bridge - crossing all the bridges in between!

I am walking with Amanda's parents and brother - Amanda was the young lady and my best friend - who died from her epilepsy at 21 - it is 10 years this year since we lost her - and the last time I saw her was in London - so this all seems appropiate to do right now. We are raising money for Epilepsy Research - see back story here - https://www.justgiving.com/fundraising/Janet-Wilkins1?utm_medium=email&utm_source=ExactTarget&utm_campaign=20170411_68189

Jan

We cannot stop, because if a single one of these men were taken and shot, that would be our fault - Edith Cavell
http://www.janscreativewriting.co.uk/ -updated Aug 17 - with new poems/photo's - video interviews - see PowerPoint slide shows, audio files & my books.

janhedger
Administrator

United Kingdom

4229 Posts

Posted - 11/09/2017 :  10:37:44  Show Profile  Visit janhedger's Homepage  Send janhedger an AOL message Send janhedger a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Well I did it FLOW folks and friends! With my lovely team - Amanda's Crew - we walked the 25k Thames Bridge Walk and had a really enjoyable day with camaraderie and laughs all the way! From Putney Bridge - to Tower Bridge (16 in all) crossing every one - finishing in Southwark Park (3k past Tower Bridge) Thanks to you all that sposored me - bless you - still time for anyone wishing to add to money raised for Epilepsy Research - thank you - looking for challenge for next year...

Jan

We cannot stop, because if a single one of these men were taken and shot, that would be our fault - Edith Cavell
http://www.janscreativewriting.co.uk/ -updated Aug 17 - with new poems/photo's - video interviews - see PowerPoint slide shows, audio files & my books.
Go to Top of Page

Rob Carson

carlisle
United Kingdom

250 Posts

Posted - 17/10/2017 :  13:55:56  Show Profile Send Rob Carson a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Quite an undertaking, Jan, and a very worthwhile one too. All those bridges should have given you a myriad of ideas for some future poetry. Hope you managed to make some mental notes. Even writing down the names of the bridges the landmarks can, in itself, be a prompt to creating something memorable - something you will be more aware of than I...
Go to Top of Page
   Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Flows Forum for Poems and Stories © 2005-2011 FlowForAll.org Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000