header image 2  
Flows Forum for Poems and Stories
FLOW | Forces Poetry | Forces Stories | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:

Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 The Coffee Shop
 Chat over a coffee
 My Asperger's Syndrome
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Previous Page | Next Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 14

janhedger
Administrator

United Kingdom

4230 Posts

Posted - 02/05/2008 :  18:15:29  Show Profile  Visit janhedger's Homepage  Send janhedger an AOL message Send janhedger a Private Message  Reply with Quote
This posting affected me deeply and I echo Annie's words. I have and still do, work with disabled children and those with learning difficulties - I cannot imagine anyone causing them so much pain and fear. I am aware though of its dark reality. Children need to trust and people like this shatter that trust and much damage is done. I know some of the young people I work with, have had 'certain' incidents and situations happen to them in their formative years - which has had a profound affect in the way they are today .
Chris - respect - always,
Jan

We cannot stop, because if a single one of these men were taken and shot, that would be our fault - Edith Cavell
http://www.janscreativewriting.co.uk/ -updated Aug 17 - with new poems/photo's - video interviews - see PowerPoint slide shows, audio files & my books.
Go to Top of Page

Chris Green

Newark-upon-Trent
United Kingdom

2301 Posts

Posted - 08/05/2008 :  00:44:04  Show Profile  Visit Chris Green's Homepage Send Chris Green a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I am opening a door into a forbidden room, the door of which was firmly locked by Mum, in that I do not think that she could deal with her own emotions, never mind mine, arising from that day in 1963 when she returned home early from where she worked - Sister on men's surgical - and caught John with his penis up my nether regions.

I don't know what happened to him, because I was more worried about what Mum was going to do to me, and he was never mentioned again; I suspect that it was done through the church, swept under the xarpet and everybody went to confession to give them strength to do it all again.

Suspect that my cynicism where religions are concerned started around then.

Mum took me down the hospital and I had loads of tests, oddly enough I felt more violated by these faceless 'judgemental' people and their assumption that they could do anything they liked to me, than by most of what john did, but it was lucky that she did, I had to have treatment and it continues now and one is forever drawn back to the reason why one has to pump one's colon full of fluids daily.

The do-gooders and apologists seem to think that it is soon over for the victim and that a couple of years in prison will 'rehabilitate' a paedophile, it does not, it just massages the Governments own statitistics and reduces the prison population.

As to what I would do, castration with a rusty knife, sit them on sharpened stakes, and any other punishment that will destroy them physically but leave them sufficiently alive to remember why they are in pain for the rest of their miserable lives.

Under some circumstances I am fully in favour of the death penalty, but not done as a painless option, but as a very painful and revengeful thing.

We are too civilised and too mixed up with politics and 30 second knee-jerk responses to please minorities and media editors.

Human Rights is all very well as long as everybody admits that everybody else has human rights; where it breaks down is with those people who believe that they have the rights and nobody else does.

If you remove all the deterrants, then the thugs will rule, and that is what is happening.

60,000 truants a day?

Bloody hell, if you truanted in my private school, you got called up to explain to your Form Mistress and if you were lucky, you took a slippering from her; if you were judged to be a liar then it was the head's office and you might be done by either the mistress or master with the tawse on the bare bottom.

If that did not cure you, then there was the cane and that was carried out in Hall, in public, over the gym horse, with your trousers and underpants removed.

That was a minimum of 18 strokes, in my time there I saw only one caning and that was done to a bully who had tormented another boy until there was a bad accident, I know the police and parents were called and that prosecutions were likely. but he took his lumps and watched what he did in future and his powerbase was destroyed.

I look around the world and I see Singapore, a nice place to live if you are nice and polite. They have one of the lowest rates of crime in the world considering the millions who are crammed together in a very small space. They have the cane.

Every home, every school, every prison.

All that we have created by signing up to Human Rights is to create Human Wrongs.

Respect for the law should begin at your mother's knee and continue for the rest of your life.

As to over-crowded prisons, we should be caning as part of court justice, rather than sending people to do soft sentences in holiday homes that happen to have bars on the windows and steel doors.

Into court, sentenced, room next door and be caned, room next door have bottom treated. end of sentence.

Regards,
Chris Green
frankgreen2@virginmedia.com
http://chrisgreen.weebly.com/

Service before self

'A Poppy in My Buttonhole' available now SEE:
http://www.rossendalebooks.co.uk/
http://www.lulu.com/content/2791550

My next book will be "The Crcodile Chronicles" and is projected to be launched 2015 or a quarter past eight in time for Christmas.
Go to Top of Page

Nell Sealey

United Kingdom

15 Posts

Posted - 08/06/2008 :  18:11:01  Show Profile  Visit Nell Sealey's Homepage  Send Nell Sealey an AOL message Send Nell Sealey a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I am so pleased that you are 'opening up' Chris and are finding the strength to speak what, I know, has been locked away for so long. You say that you are not brave and just tell it as it is, but, in my eyes you are a hero, a man who has overcome the most dreadful personal issues and is still battling against the injustices done to people who are vulnerable in our society. I know how difficult it has been for you to speak of the unspeakable but now you have started on the journey, keep going and remember there are so many of us who love and respect you. XXX

Nell Sealey
Go to Top of Page

Chris Green

Newark-upon-Trent
United Kingdom

2301 Posts

Posted - 23/08/2008 :  11:12:02  Show Profile  Visit Chris Green's Homepage Send Chris Green a Private Message  Reply with Quote
My thanks for your comments Nell, they are appreciated greatly.

Regards, Chris

Regards,
Chris Green

Service before self

My next book will be "The Crcodile Chronicles" and is projected to be launched 2015 or a quarter past eight in time for Christmas.
Go to Top of Page

Chris Green

Newark-upon-Trent
United Kingdom

2301 Posts

Posted - 08/09/2008 :  23:55:39  Show Profile  Visit Chris Green's Homepage Send Chris Green a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I thought that I had explained to the mebers of an organization in a clear and unambiguous way that I am totally mono-minded; that I have distinct differences in how I think and even in the anatomy of the hemispheres of my brain in that they are only joined at the periphery and not centrally.

It appears that some normals are more learning disabled than i am - sigh - how do I get over to people the totallity of the differences that I experience which NTs do not?

That it was a person who is physically disabled and had I said something like, "You can't use physical disability as a reason for not running" then the average person would think that that was a ludicrous statement, given that they have to use a scooter and cannot walk very far.

If you apply it in reverse that autism is not a reason for thinking the way that I do, that too is ludicrous.

I was angry for 2 or 3 days and then I thought, oh, what the hell, get on with life and ignore the idiocy, there will always be people who do not understand.

Regards,
Chris Green

Service before self

Go to Top of Page

Mac
Administrator

United Kingdom

1631 Posts

Posted - 09/09/2008 :  18:18:47  Show Profile  Visit Mac's Homepage Send Mac a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Well Chris, I applaud your words but I struggle to understand, but I am not the sharpest tool in the box

Dream, Hope, Believe, Do
Go to Top of Page

taffy

Oswestry Shropshire.
United Kingdom

2073 Posts

Posted - 09/09/2008 :  18:40:18  Show Profile  Visit taffy's Homepage Send taffy a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Hello Chris, I too struggle to fully understand, but will keep reading until i do.I am in no doubt about your courage. Taffy.
Go to Top of Page

janhedger
Administrator

United Kingdom

4230 Posts

Posted - 09/09/2008 :  23:49:03  Show Profile  Visit janhedger's Homepage  Send janhedger an AOL message Send janhedger a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I understand more than others - having and still working within this field - but I still have a lot to learn - it is a complex subject.
I admire your openness - sometimes it is that what throws people,
Jan

We cannot stop, because if a single one of these men were taken and shot, that would be our fault - Edith Cavell
http://www.janscreativewriting.co.uk/ -updated Aug 17 - with new poems/photo's - video interviews - see PowerPoint slide shows, audio files & my books.
Go to Top of Page

Chris Green

Newark-upon-Trent
United Kingdom

2301 Posts

Posted - 10/09/2008 :  11:22:29  Show Profile  Visit Chris Green's Homepage Send Chris Green a Private Message  Reply with Quote
In order for us all to understand one another then we have to and must communicate; a failure to talk should not be used as an excuse for the wrongs of the world and the more that we open up to each other then the more respect for each other that we can generate and so we can knock down the walls that individuals and societies create in order to make people into 'them' and 'us'.

In war soldiers are trained to a point where the enemy is diminished and no longer human - the Jews in WW2 and the Germans is a classic example of removing a group from the societies and making them into sub-hmans so that it is OK to butcher 'them' because they are not 'us'.

Afghanistan and Iraq, the people are all 'r******s' and I have no doubt that special targets like the Taliban and Al-Qaida and leaders of these organizations have specific soubriquettes tht make them laughable.

We have a multi-cultural society here and we 'rub along together' because there is the opportunity to speak freely; that does not mean that all things are free, but that thoughts can be expressed.

Extremists of all colours have the right to express themselves and they do, which only goes to show that they fail to realize that freedom does not mean that people are not watching you and recording what you say, propose and actively do.

The recent court case should tell the extremists that they are being watched and will be brought to trial.

My worry, currently, is that we return to a time of religious fundamentalism in order to fight against the tide of hatred fomented against 'unbelievers'.

Yes, you can say and publish what you like, but be sure that if you step over the line of tolerance that your days are numbered and you will go to Broadmarsh and you will be getting a one-way ticket back to where you came from.

My personal feeling is that where a person is actively publishing public documents, whether they are CDs or books or papers, then they should be judged according to those words.

I can see good reasons to allow such people to remain at large so that we can see those who are attracted to them, those who support them and so when we roll up with our riot police and arrest the high profile figure, we also arrest all those linked to them.

It is good to give everyone a public place to diplay their beliefs; it is cheaper economically to allow freedoms of thought and speech and writing and allowing freedom to travel anywhere in Britain, after all it is a lot easier to find someone who is not in hiding.

As an ex-Serviceman I am aware that intelligence is the main stay of any military action, but I do find it difficult not to grab a baseball bat and take vigilante action against those who wish to destroy my Country in order that their minority views should replace freedom.

However, I do feel that if we remove the right to free expression then we are travelling down a route that is even more repressive than those that the Fundamentalists wish to impose.

If there is no opportunity to talk and to express how are we to change peoples' minds and ideas?

How can we create bridges between ideas?

How can we give each other respect?

Regards,
Chris Green

Service before self

Go to Top of Page

Chris Green

Newark-upon-Trent
United Kingdom

2301 Posts

Posted - 25/09/2008 :  08:15:54  Show Profile  Visit Chris Green's Homepage Send Chris Green a Private Message  Reply with Quote
After thinking for some 15 months I have resigned as Branch Membership Secretay and am also looking into whether or not to resign from the County Committee of RBL as well.

I asked myself, "Can I do the job without the help of GM who does all the verabal stuff and knows who does what, where and when and also knows who has paid or not and what they look like?"

I am unable to do it, on my own, thus having completed 3 years I have signified that I shal not seek re-election and that I resign forthwith, in order to allow someone else to take in the subscriptions.

It fits in with what I am doing and with the care that Nell needs, though I had decided before Nell's increased need.

The problem is that the Legion does most of its business at a verbal level and I do not think at that level; I have a purely visual memory and that means that I prefer email and letters, which allow me to decide slowly and comfortably.

The books are taking up a lot of my time and they must come first because I can see that this way may get me off benefits and into earning a small income.

I have already started to market the next book, which is in aid of the National Autistic Society, and am getting invitations to speak
to groups of autistic people and their carers.

How different (very active and enthusiastic about all fund-raising and giving help) the NAS and its supporters are to RBL, which is largely moribund and top heavy with elderly people who are stuck in their ways and see no reason to change their Legion.

Well, it is just a waiting game, they will all die off, but their years of comatose smugness and presuming that the Legion will continue because there are so many members, etc. etc. is going to cost us dear and I can see us losing most of our Branches, all of our Counties and all of our Regions, and The Legion being less than 50,000.

We have 440,000 currently, most of whom contribute nothing apart from their annual 11 subscription.

Frankly I would rather have 50,000 integrated, active, intelligent members committed to permanent fund-raising, recruiting and raising the awareness of the general public of the Legion in the Community, in schools, work-places, in sports, in childcare, in youth and cadet groups; rather than the top-heavy, 'over-committeed', over-controlled, largely fossilized structure that we have now.

Unless RBL gets involved with local communities and events important to them, I can see the Legion ceasing to exist inside the next 25 years.

We must bring in Family Memberships and we must provide facilities for young families and children younger than 11; the Youth Membership should be extended from its 16 to 18 age group of now, to 11 to 18 and so we catch them through the whole of the Secondary School period of their education and we need to be looking at providing premises for after-school clubs and even breakfast clubs, and we must get involved with them on the sporting front because this, particularly, provides the opportunity for exchanging mutual respect.

Regards,
Chris Green

Service before self

Go to Top of Page

Kale

United Kingdom

345 Posts

Posted - 25/09/2008 :  21:41:09  Show Profile  Visit Kale's Homepage Send Kale a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Wow Chris, I had no idea at all about Asperger's... thank you for giving us an insight into your condition and how it affects your everyday life... more people should have a better understanding of conditions such as Asperger's then maybe there may be a little less frustration and agression in this world

love and hugs

Kale xx

Kale's New Book Poems from the Heart - out now

We don't grow old from too much laughing... we grow old because we stop!

http://www.lulu.com/content/3998012
Go to Top of Page

alisonmitchuk

United Kingdom

85 Posts

Posted - 02/10/2008 :  14:17:56  Show Profile  Visit alisonmitchuk's Homepage Send alisonmitchuk a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Hi Chris,
we spoke a long time ago now about my son who has autism & tourette's he has recently gone up to secondary school and no longer in a school for children with autism, its working out ok with just the odd teacher not really understanding him, I made this short video to help them see things form his point of view. I would love it if you would take a look and tell me what you think, copy and paste the link into search engine

http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=9yIR_PwCHXU

Kind regards
Alison x
Go to Top of Page

Peter Southern
Administrator

United Kingdom

1799 Posts

Posted - 02/10/2008 :  16:57:16  Show Profile  Visit Peter Southern's Homepage Send Peter Southern a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Hi Chris been reading about, can I call it your "Asperger's Blog". I worked for 14 years as a Mental Health support worker, and worked with one particular chap for about 9/10 months. He didn't tick any of the boxes on the Mental health forms we used, So lets give him to Peter for support work. Long story short managed to get him seen by the right people and he was diagnosed with Asperger's. Funny thing was that I was working with 2 other guys who didn't fit into the Mental Health system, and once I knew what to look for and pick up on, managed to get them into the right system as well. I attended some training after that on Asperger's, but to tell you the truth I have learnt more by reading your posts. Thanks for filling in some of the gaps in my knowledge.

http://a-moment-in-time.weebly.com

Life is not measured by the number of breaths we take, but by the moments that take our breath away
Go to Top of Page

Mac
Administrator

United Kingdom

1631 Posts

Posted - 03/10/2008 :  01:02:11  Show Profile  Visit Mac's Homepage Send Mac a Private Message  Reply with Quote
We the community, heping each other, I just love it, great stuff all and long may it continue.

Dream, Hope, Believe, Do
Go to Top of Page

Chris Green

Newark-upon-Trent
United Kingdom

2301 Posts

Posted - 08/11/2008 :  17:25:05  Show Profile  Visit Chris Green's Homepage Send Chris Green a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I had some routine scans done a while ago and then quite a few more recently and have been given a tentative diagnosis, subject to more tests, of Cerebella Atrophy, fortunately it appears to be the slow version and is of the degenerative type.

I was originally diagnosed in 1987 but it was a short-term thing and all was well in about 4 years.

This time it appears to be affecting my memory and speech, so I shall get to work on reading out loud and doing mind and body exercises.

I have already resigned from practically everything that I do.

Feel depressed but shall dig my way out of that soon and shall look at all the new and interesting data that this circumstance generates.

Just in case you don't know what or where - the Cerebellum is what is sometimes called the lizard brain and is found underneath the main brain and either side of the top of the spinal cord as it emerges from the uppermost vertebra.

It affects nerve impulses in the fine and gross movements, memory and basic emotions, and the cognitive process in autistics.

Regards,
Chris Green

Service before self

Go to Top of Page
Page: of 14 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Flows Forum for Poems and Stories © 2005-2011 FlowForAll.org Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000