header image 2  
Flows Forum for Poems and Stories
FLOW | Forces Poetry | Forces Stories | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:

Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 The Coffee Shop
 What you get from this site
 An eye opener
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Next Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 2

Lisa

United Kingdom

155 Posts

Posted - 25/11/2007 :  19:40:13  Show Profile Send Lisa a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Since Joining Forces poetry and reading some of the many wonderful poems, I feel I've been educated in so many ways from writing poetry to the horrors of the construction of the Jersey War Tunnels. I'm more aware of things I never knew about, important things, sad things, things that are important, things I feel I should know. Thank you.

~Lisa~

janhedger
Administrator

United Kingdom

4216 Posts

Posted - 25/11/2007 :  20:20:25  Show Profile  Visit janhedger's Homepage  Send janhedger an AOL message Send janhedger a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Well said Lisa! My poetry has been enhanced tenfold with being invovled with this worthwhile site. I echo your thanks.
Cheers Jan

We cannot stop, because if a single one of these men were taken and shot, that would be our fault - Edith Cavell
http://www.janscreativewriting.co.uk/ -updated Aug 17 - with new poems/photo's - video interviews - see PowerPoint slide shows, audio files & my books.
Go to Top of Page

Tom Mcgreevy
Administrator

Ex-English Army ( Ex-pat Geordie ), Berkshire
United Kingdom

4098 Posts

Posted - 25/11/2007 :  21:15:27  Show Profile  Visit Tom Mcgreevy's Homepage Send Tom Mcgreevy a Private Message  Reply with Quote
A confession ! Before I joined the site at Forces Poetry, I had never even attempted Poetry before !
Now, I enjoy writing so much I can't stop
Tom

http://im-a-soldier-get-me-out-of-here.weebly.com

Go to Top of Page

Mac
Administrator

United Kingdom

1626 Posts

Posted - 26/11/2007 :  21:23:30  Show Profile  Visit Mac's Homepage Send Mac a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I am a fuller person for the extraordinary interactions I have encountered in here. I started helping Annie some years back and had no intention of ever writing in this forum, had little intention of writing poetry as that was not for a 6 foot 3 ex soldier (so I thought).

As time went on I saw what a wonderful place Annie and the other members were creating and I knew I was being drawn in. The final hook came when Annie asked me to email Billy and see if my experiences in the forces could help him. I fought quite hard to avoid this as I felt I could seriously mess things up. Having now chatted with a great young man for some 6 months, seeing him come out of where he was to where he is now ... what an honour!

I am now fully hooked and determined to help this community gain the publicity and respect it deserves. Carpe dium! Seize what time we have, especially that a time that we are still able to make a difference, and make the most of it. Like a good glass of The Guinness, don't waste a single drop of it.

Dream, Hope, Believe, Do
Go to Top of Page

Annie
Administrator

United Kingdom

1040 Posts

Posted - 26/11/2007 :  21:47:43  Show Profile  Visit Annie's Homepage Send Annie a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Oh my, where do I start?

Firstly, "thank you" so you all for making the site what it is today! When I started this site I wanted to help others and I kidnapped Mac because he knows web things and despite his appearance (he can look intimidating even when he is happy) he is a kind a generous man.

I have grown so much since I started this site and still delight in the amazing people in it and I am still learning and growing. I have chatted to 6 people on a regular basis over the last few years and they have all done themselves proud and have left darker times behind. They will always have their demons but they know how to give them a good slap when they need to. They have made themselves better, they have found their inner strength and they "will" continue to enjoy better times.

I have learned about people, their fears, their joys, regrets, hopes, the personal challenges life has placed on them (and some of them are severe) and I salute you all. The personal courage from so many has been a catalyst to increase my efforts to achieve that golden goal... to do right for all our members, for those who visit us for comfort, for help, for a laugh, to find themselves again and ideally to realise and rejoice in what each of us must always strive for and be thankful for.... "our dreams"!

If you believe in one may your god bless you all!

Annie x - Poetry is always in motion
Go to Top of Page

Chris Green

Newark-upon-Trent
United Kingdom

2301 Posts

Posted - 18/01/2008 :  23:21:56  Show Profile  Visit Chris Green's Homepage Send Chris Green a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Annie wrote, "If you believe in one may your god bless you all."

Oddenstein says, "Thanks."

Regards,
Chris Green
frankgreen2@virginmedia.com
http://chrisgreen.weebly.com/

Service before self

'A Poppy in My Buttonhole' available now SEE:
http://www.rossendalebooks.co.uk/
http://www.lulu.com/content/2791550

My next book will be "The Crcodile Chronicles" and is projected to be launched 2015 or a quarter past eight in time for Christmas.
Go to Top of Page

taffy

Oswestry Shropshire.
United Kingdom

2073 Posts

Posted - 19/01/2008 :  11:10:18  Show Profile  Visit taffy's Homepage Send taffy a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Hello, Mac and Annie, your postings give all of us so much pleasure, and help where needed. "If you have a deeam, how you make a dream come true" I think you have shown us the way, write it down and share it with others, it really does help. Taffy
Go to Top of Page

janhedger
Administrator

United Kingdom

4216 Posts

Posted - 19/01/2008 :  23:01:09  Show Profile  Visit janhedger's Homepage  Send janhedger an AOL message Send janhedger a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Talking of dreams - My recent subscribed little collection - under title of dreams - I put together because dreams are a vast subject - meaning lots of different things to different people. Maybe others could have a go at 'dream' poetry and post it on the site - be interesting to see different perspectives.
Jan

We cannot stop, because if a single one of these men were taken and shot, that would be our fault - Edith Cavell
http://www.janscreativewriting.co.uk/ -updated Aug 17 - with new poems/photo's - video interviews - see PowerPoint slide shows, audio files & my books.
Go to Top of Page

ruthr

London
United Kingdom

10 Posts

Posted - 25/03/2008 :  15:18:22  Show Profile Send ruthr a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Since joining Forces Poetry website I feel I have achieved so much ... Not only have i met such a supportive network of people but I have created more poems which have gone on to be published in soldier magazine and a book called poetic fantasy ....

r.rayment
Go to Top of Page

PaddyS

United Kingdom

324 Posts

Posted - 25/03/2008 :  16:06:00  Show Profile  Visit PaddyS's Homepage Send PaddyS a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Great news Ruth, and more power to your elbow. Are you going to tell us which poems you had published, so that we can bask in your reflected glory?
Well done Ruth
Paddy

Quote "So long as it comes from the heart."
Jimmy "Schnozzle" Durante. 1893-1980.
http://www.paddyspoetryandprose.weebly.com/
Paddy Slevin.
Site Moderator
Go to Top of Page

janhedger
Administrator

United Kingdom

4216 Posts

Posted - 25/03/2008 :  18:06:06  Show Profile  Visit janhedger's Homepage  Send janhedger an AOL message Send janhedger a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Trilled for you Ruth - how exciting - yes please do share!
Jan

Go to Top of Page

Mac
Administrator

United Kingdom

1626 Posts

Posted - 26/03/2008 :  07:28:10  Show Profile  Visit Mac's Homepage Send Mac a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Well done Ruth, lovely news and I know how much of a special place you have in Annies heart, she has always talked so highly of you.
Keep those poems going....

Dream, Hope, Believe, Do
Go to Top of Page

bobbie

United Kingdom

225 Posts

Posted - 02/04/2008 :  09:02:55  Show Profile  Visit bobbie's Homepage Send bobbie a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I am thankful to Forces Poetry for posting my poems, especially The Knock, thank you very much. I have also read some very good poems, ranging from comic to downright tear-jerking.

Keep going.
Bobbie
Go to Top of Page

taffy

Oswestry Shropshire.
United Kingdom

2073 Posts

Posted - 02/04/2008 :  12:19:30  Show Profile  Visit taffy's Homepage Send taffy a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Hello, Strange how we all in our different ways, have come to write poetry, or short stories. About ten years back i decided to take a course on short story writing, it got cancelled so i switched to a poetry writing course, and a whole new world opened up, now just a few years later Forces Poetry claimed me, the best of all sites, better than all previous efforts , i think it must be the people who write on this site. Even better than publishing work in Poetry Now, Forward Press, Byword, Staple, I.D.Books, The Longfellow Chronicles, and others, in all some 100 or so anthologies. Then there are the owners of websites in Australia,Canada, U.S.A., Siberia, Holland, Singapore, who all asked me to publish on their sites,Now before you may think that i am just Blowing my Own Trumpet, the real reason is to encourage all to write more and more, and enjoy fully the works of others in many Countries , but please bear in mind that this site is the one in central position of all you do. Best to everyone. Taffy
Go to Top of Page

taffy

Oswestry Shropshire.
United Kingdom

2073 Posts

Posted - 02/04/2008 :  12:28:25  Show Profile  Visit taffy's Homepage Send taffy a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Hello again, Forgot to mention, the first item on this topic imentions the Jersy War Tunnels, you may be interested to know that a brigade of Guards Regiments were withdrawn from europe to carry out the invasion of the Channel Islands thank goodness it was found to be not needed as capitulation took place, haveing spent holidays in the Islands and seen the fortifications, my conclusion is that it would not have been possible to storm the place from the sea, it was far more heavily defended than the Normandy beax#ches. Taffy.
Go to Top of Page

Annie
Administrator

United Kingdom

1040 Posts

Posted - 02/04/2008 :  21:15:00  Show Profile  Visit Annie's Homepage Send Annie a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Ruth well done and thank you to all, lovely words from great wordsmiths. Taffy, you said
quote:
Forces Poetry claimed me, the best of all sites, better than all previous efforts , i think it must be the people who write on this site.

Absolutely correct, "it's the people", say no more.

Annie x - Poetry is always in motion
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 2 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Flows Forum for Poems and Stories © 2005-2011 FlowForAll.org Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000