header image 2  
Flows Forum for Poems and Stories
FLOW | Forces Poetry | Forces Stories | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:

Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 The Coffee Shop
 What you get from this site
 A dark horse
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Annie
Administrator

United Kingdom

1040 Posts

Posted - 20/12/2007 :  22:50:52  Show Profile  Visit Annie's Homepage Send Annie a Private Message  Reply with Quote
He is a bit of a dark horse is old Mac. He said...
He would do the site but not be on the forum,
He would do the site but not do poetry
He would do the site and not get involved with emails.....
He has done all the above and more...

Little known to many Mac has been a real Santa for well over a year. He has helped a number people who had some real demons plauging them by writing email after email. With his many years in the services he has been able to understand peoples letters and has been a really good friend to quite a few people now and "helped them settle" as he puts it.

I have taken the liberty of quoting from an email which prompted this post. It is from a man known as Bear. He gave his permission to publish his email on the site so I have pinched a paragraph or two from it so you can read it yourselves.

==================================================
"I would like you to know what a great place you run there Annie. I want to thank Mac MacDonald for all he has done for me since I emailed you in March 2006. I was told about this site by an oppo of mine and I took a look. I liked some of the poems on here and the one called , This Mask we Wear, really blew me away, I still read it now.

I wrote in to contact the author and ended up emailing Mac more and more and eventually I realised that this man was helping me without me knowing it, he was like my own invisable oppo. The woman the court put me into counselling with said I was improving so quick and she asked who was helping me. I told Mac and he said he liked being just a shadow on a persons wall and he'd rather keep anon. I told her that he was still a shadow man and told her to foxtrot oscar. Didn't like her and she new **** about what we went through.

I finished my required counselling well early and have been signed off back as safe to civpop and that is ALL thanks to Mac and your site. Mac has lead me out of my dark times but what your readers and people on the forum may not know is they helped me too. I read their poems and comments and realised I was in a world where people DO care about our types who are now just shells. We ARE still human, we can fit back in and there are others out there who feel what we feel. By the way to that man Chris with all his bad illnesses and stuff, respect to you brother, you keep on going and kick that syndromes arse.

If I had a million ús lady I would give it to Forces poetry to help you do what you do. Money can not buy true friendship and respect and THAT was what I got from your man Mac and the site.

I know Mac is now emailing 2 team mates from my old Regt and they say the same sort of things. We meet up every few months and we know we'll be fine. Last month one of them said Mac was a hard talking bad bastard which made me laugh. Perhaps thats where civi street goes wrong as they are too soft on us and try that crappy sycho ****. Mac shoots straight from the shoulder some times and can shock the hell out of you but his way seems to work good. Mac you old **** if you are reading this too you were a real !!!! (edited by Annie) and good job too as it turns out.

My New Year wish is that some money man from the goverment finds out about what you do for people like me and fund you.

Respect to you all, happy chrimbo and I hope many people who need this king of help find you too. All the best Murdock you old goat and thanks. Bear"
==================================================

Annie here again:
I am unsure about the Murdock thing but I seem to remember Mac was known as Murdock at one time in his career. He is back on Saturday so he can let us know then. He is going to shoot me for posting this anyway

So there you have it, you are all doing such a great job and we are already helping people by just doing what we do best.... write poetry, chat about things and be honest with each other.
Well done Forces Poetry!

PS: This Mask We Wear is a bit graphic but well worth a read
http://www.forcespoetry.co.uk/poemdetails.asp?ID=1

Annie x - Poetry is always in motion

Tom Mcgreevy
Administrator

Ex-English Army ( Ex-pat Geordie ), Berkshire
United Kingdom

4098 Posts

Posted - 21/12/2007 :  02:41:45  Show Profile  Visit Tom Mcgreevy's Homepage Send Tom Mcgreevy a Private Message  Reply with Quote
A ' Dark Horse ' but a strong Horse !
My hat off to you Mac, for doing what you're gifted at.
You have helped me a lot without even knowing it mate !
My very best regards
Tom

http://im-a-soldier-get-me-out-of-here.weebly.com

Go to Top of Page

taffy

Oswestry Shropshire.
United Kingdom

2073 Posts

Posted - 21/12/2007 :  12:09:04  Show Profile  Visit taffy's Homepage Send taffy a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Hello and thank you Annie for this posting, we are inclined to think of fellow subscribers as good, but then some are just B---- marvelous.
Thanks mac and i look forward to meeting you soon. taffy.
Go to Top of Page

janhedger
Administrator

United Kingdom

4230 Posts

Posted - 21/12/2007 :  13:07:02  Show Profile  Visit janhedger's Homepage  Send janhedger an AOL message Send janhedger a Private Message  Reply with Quote
A dark horse, a strong horse, a TROJAN horse! Mac you care - it's simple.
To many turn their backs. I for one am here 'fighting' with you mate!
Annie thank you, for your posting.
Jan

We cannot stop, because if a single one of these men were taken and shot, that would be our fault - Edith Cavell
http://www.janscreativewriting.co.uk/ -updated Aug 17 - with new poems/photo's - video interviews - see PowerPoint slide shows, audio files & my books.
Go to Top of Page

Mac
Administrator

United Kingdom

1631 Posts

Posted - 04/01/2008 :  11:57:57  Show Profile  Visit Mac's Homepage Send Mac a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
He is going to shoot me for posting this anyway

Annie, consider yourself shot!
Tom, Taffy and Jan thank you for your kind words. I saw Bear whilst I was away and he is well and sends greetings and Happy New Year etc.
"Murdock", just a blast from the past.
As aye
Mac

Dream, Hope, Believe, Do
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Flows Forum for Poems and Stories © 2005-2011 FlowForAll.org Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000