header image 2  
Flows Forum for Poems and Stories
FLOW | Forces Poetry | Forces Stories | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:

Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 The Coffee Shop
 What you get from this site
 Release
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Next Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 2

Big P

United Kingdom

7 Posts

Posted - 15/08/2008 :  23:28:45  Show Profile  Visit Big P's Homepage Send Big P a Private Message  Reply with Quote
For me personally i feel the forces poetry platform is a release for what my feelings are.And to put them into poetry,and write them and have them read (especially) by people who do not know me personally is a feel good factor.Sometimes its through embarassment that i do not tell my close friends of my writing,as i feel that my day to day is just a front.And that if they released or understood the deep problems i have this would make them look down at me.But this has made me release that i should be proud of what i have done,and come home from.Sometimes i think that i would rather show a physical deformity than a mental one,as this would be obvious for all to see.Sometimes i just miss hearing those words "welcome home".I guess this could be said of all vets.
Big P

When people ask me what it was like in Iraq i tell them all the same answer...."Well it was hot!" PWL

Tom Mcgreevy
Administrator

Ex-English Army ( Ex-pat Geordie ), Berkshire
United Kingdom

4098 Posts

Posted - 15/08/2008 :  23:57:50  Show Profile  Visit Tom Mcgreevy's Homepage Send Tom Mcgreevy a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Welcome home Big P !
It's funny, but when I used to go home on leave to my Mam's.
She used to greet me with. ' It's lovely to see you, when are you going back ? ' ( Bless her ! )

http://im-a-soldier-get-me-out-of-here.weebly.com

Go to Top of Page

taffy

Oswestry Shropshire.
United Kingdom

2073 Posts

Posted - 16/08/2008 :  11:51:54  Show Profile  Visit taffy's Homepage Send taffy a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Hello Paul and welcome home, we will keep a welcome in the hillsides regardless of nationality.Well i am a proud Welshman living just over the border in England, doing a sort of missionary job. Keep up the good work. Taffy
Go to Top of Page

janhedger
Administrator

United Kingdom

4216 Posts

Posted - 16/08/2008 :  13:08:22  Show Profile  Visit janhedger's Homepage  Send janhedger an AOL message Send janhedger a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Not only a big welcome home from me be a huge welcome in the big step of standing up and saying who you are!
Jan

We cannot stop, because if a single one of these men were taken and shot, that would be our fault - Edith Cavell
http://www.janscreativewriting.co.uk/ -updated Aug 17 - with new poems/photo's - video interviews - see PowerPoint slide shows, audio files & my books.
Go to Top of Page

pops

Birmingham, Alabama
USA

576 Posts

Posted - 17/10/2008 :  04:34:24  Show Profile  Visit pops's Homepage Send pops a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Big P WELCOME HOME Being one who suffers from PTSD I know of what you speak, but let me tell you something you need to understand, Speak up that's the only way people will ever learn to understand our problems, another thing you need to understand is people are going to think and say what ever they want to about you reguardless of what you do, you must learn to take care of yourself and not care what others think, you've been there they haven't, they have no idea what you've been through or how you feel. Live you're life to it's fullest.
PLEASE visit my site and leave poems if you like, and sign my guestbook.
http://www.freewebs.com/pops-world/index.htm

AGAIN WELCOME HOME FROM ONE VET TO ANOTHER, VETS NEVER FORGET, STAND TALL.

Have a great day.

Pops
Go to Top of Page

Tom Mcgreevy
Administrator

United Kingdom

4098 Posts

Posted - 17/10/2008 :  09:21:04  Show Profile  Visit Tom Mcgreevy's Homepage Send Tom Mcgreevy a Private Message  Reply with Quote
You are not alone Big P.
We are all here whenever you want us

Go to Top of Page

Kale

United Kingdom

345 Posts

Posted - 20/10/2008 :  07:32:33  Show Profile  Visit Kale's Homepage Send Kale a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Firstly Big P, Hello and Welcome to this wonderful forum. I am the proud mother of a serving soldier and I started to write poetry as my realease from the fear I felt whilst my son was serving in Iraq. Writing is an excellent way of letting your emotions out and you should in no way feel embarrassed about what you do. There is another poet on this site BJ Lewis, also a current serving soldier and his words are fantastic. I understand though why you may feel embarrassed and I respect the fact that you have kept it quiet amongst your friends. The thing is though, if you actually let them read some of your work, you may find that they may have similar feelings to yourself and were too embarrassed themselves to mention it or haven't had the same release as you have yourself. Keep writing, my son hasn't told me everything about his tour of Iraq, but I can well imagine what he has seen and what he has been through. I also understand why you don't want to talk about what happens in Iraq with other non military people... for you and some of the dreadful things you have seen, you want to forget and if asked questions about them, it would be like re-living that experience all over again and that is something you may obviously not want to do.

I am proud of all the work our servicemen and women have done and are doing, to me you are all heroes and deserve so much respect.

Love and hugs

Kale xxx

Kale's New Book Poems from the Heart - out now

We don't grow old from too much laughing... we grow old because we stop!

http://www.lulu.com/content/3998012
Go to Top of Page

Sheila Weekes

United Kingdom

118 Posts

Posted - 16/11/2008 :  00:36:31  Show Profile  Visit Sheila Weekes's Homepage Send Sheila Weekes a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Welcome Paul, to wherever you want to be, at home, with your friends, family or in here with your writing. There are many who will understand exactly how you feel in here so you can write it all out in the knowledge that people do know what you mean and those of us who can't "know", we can at least "understand" as we have all know someone suffering from the same thing. You will never forget but be proud of your part in trying to make things better in this ungodly world. Good luck to you in all you wish to achieve. Sheila

One dream for life
Go to Top of Page

sadpoems00

4 Posts

Posted - 04/08/2009 :  12:10:01  Show Profile  Visit sadpoems00's Homepage Send sadpoems00 a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Hello Big P,

I like to write in the old fashion way: pencil and paper and not infront of the computer. in this way i can free my self and write everywhere especially in nature :)

http://sad-poems.agilityhoster.com/
http://haiku-poems.50webs.com/
http://www.sad-quotes.info/
Go to Top of Page

taffy

Oswestry Shropshire.
United Kingdom

2073 Posts

Posted - 04/08/2009 :  18:40:45  Show Profile  Visit taffy's Homepage Send taffy a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Hello, Most of us like to write the old fashioned way , pen and paper, words, sometimes full lines can get scrubbed out and rewritten, I like to leave something i am writing, then go back read it aloud, before typing, especially good as my spelling is so bad.
However no matter how we write, the important thing is to keep writing, and if you are shy about using your true identity use a cover name. There is no reason why writing about ones fears and troubles, you have taken the most important step forward, your courage in so doing will prove invaluable in the future.
In my case it took nearly 70 years to take that step, how i wish that i had started sooner. Taffy
Go to Top of Page

taffy

Oswestry Shropshire.
United Kingdom

2073 Posts

Posted - 04/08/2009 :  18:47:57  Show Profile  Visit taffy's Homepage Send taffy a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Hello again, There a clear instance of not taking enough time to write a subject, last paragraph,( There is nor reason why writing about ones fears and troubles should in any way lower respect for your self or cause you any embarrasement.)Hope this now makes sense. taffy
Go to Top of Page

Mac
Administrator

United Kingdom

1626 Posts

Posted - 07/08/2009 :  19:25:48  Show Profile  Visit Mac's Homepage Send Mac a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Welcome Big P. Great to read what you say as that is "exactly" why this and the other sites have been set up. If a person wants to write and share poems under a different name then this is their home. If they want to one day share who they are then they will, but only when it suits them.

This forum is filled with wonderful warm and supportive people from serving military, ex military, family of those and all sorts of others too. However, in here we are the one strong family so come on in mucker and feel that warmth, it's great!

Dream, Hope, Believe, Do
Go to Top of Page

Tom Mcgreevy
Administrator

United Kingdom

4098 Posts

Posted - 07/08/2009 :  23:16:17  Show Profile  Visit Tom Mcgreevy's Homepage Send Tom Mcgreevy a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Hi again Big P
Anytime you want a chat just drop in to our coffee room. Someone's usually about.
I'm on at very strange hours, as I do my best work during the ' Twilight Zone @

Go to Top of Page

davi.kill

Gainsborough Lincs
United Kingdom

264 Posts

Posted - 11/08/2009 :  22:48:18  Show Profile Send davi.kill a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Well done Big P.
You have found the right place with this site, and the kind people on it. Plod on mate dont let the bar stewards grind you down.
all the best Dave

Edited by - davi.kill on 11/08/2009 22:49:09
Go to Top of Page

Tom Mcgreevy
Administrator

United Kingdom

4098 Posts

Posted - 12/08/2009 :  00:52:12  Show Profile  Visit Tom Mcgreevy's Homepage Send Tom Mcgreevy a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I'm back in the ' Twilight Zone ', so if you're out there ' Big P ' I'm around for a while

Go to Top of Page

Mac
Administrator

United Kingdom

1626 Posts

Posted - 12/08/2009 :  17:32:19  Show Profile  Visit Mac's Homepage Send Mac a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Great support people and great honesty too. Here is where we and others can gather to smooth those rougher waters. As one we may falter as many we thrive.

Dream, Hope, Believe, Do
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 2 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Flows Forum for Poems and Stories © 2005-2011 FlowForAll.org Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000